Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I tried to do a search with reference to what to pack...none were specifically Mexico related. So, considering I'm less than 2 weeks away, what do I need to take with me and what if anything do they provide? How many changes of clothes? I know the all important LIP BALM is on my list of must haves! Thanks!

What surgery? How long in the hospital? Are you there any days after the hospital? I wore yoga pants and t-shirts. Other people had knit shorts, knit dresses. You would want stretchy things. Take a heating pad and extension cord. You will depend on your phone or tablet. Mini Shampoo and conditioner, body wash, lotions, makeup. GasX strips. I can answere some when I find out about your stay.

Thanks @@FloraBama Girl !! I am having Sleeve surgery with Dr. Illan at on 8/23 (tues) and will be going home on 8/27 (sat). I'm taking the train down (i live near LA) and will be traveling solo...so i don't want to overpack because i'm going to have to handle my own bag...and believe me...i am the QUEEN of overpacking!

Thanks @@FloraBama Girl !! I am having Sleeve surgery with Dr. Illan at on 8/23 (tues) and will be going home on 8/27 (sat). I'm taking the train down (i live near LA) and will be traveling solo...so i don't want to overpack because i'm going to have to handle my own bag...and believe me...i am the QUEEN of overpacking!

So I think you will have 2 nights in the hospital and go to the recovery condo on the 3rd day. Take comfortable shoes you will do a lot of walking. Sunscreen and a hat if you are fair. The condo have hair dryers and onsite laundry. Just bring sleeping wear and 3 or 4 comfortable outfits. What I wore in the hospital I got laundered at the condo. I took a camera because I like to take pictures of people. I got my nurses, my doctors (they are all so nice looking). Dr. Illan is a sweetheart. Dr. Rayna is the internist, he is funny. Dr. Flores is the GI doc, he is a little reserved but you can get him to smile. Rosa is the intake representive. You want to tip the drivers and the valets. They look in on you in the hospital and then you will have one at the condo. If they go get something for you I gave them $10. The drivers I gave $20. If you go to eat with the valet you pay for their meals and if they drive you somewhere offer to pay for gas. My valet at the condo was so great I gave them $40. That's all I can think of right now. Oh money for souvenirs.

The condos are closed now, so you will most likely be staying in the Holiday Inn. Laundry is not free there. In my carry-on, I packed 2 sets of PJs, flip flops for the shower, a small toiletry kit with travel sizes, Gas X strips, and earplugs. I wore a loose-fitting dress on my way there and the same dress on the way home. I also took a book and my iPad. Wifi wasn't working in my room so I couldn't use it. I did read my book though. There was a TV in my room but no remote.

Dr. Illan and Dr. Flores were great. When Dr. Flores visits you, have a list of questions prepared for him. He is super patient, knowledgable, and friendly. Luis (the valet at the hospital) and Juanito (your tour guide at the hotel) were also great.

Beware of Rosa; she will make you sign all the consent forms in Spanish and tell you that your surgery will be delayed if you don't sign them. After surgery, she brought me English copies of some of the documents but not all.

Also, be prepared that you may or may not have English-speaking nurses. Some people did, but I did not. It was a very difficult and miserable 3 days.

The condos are closed now, so you will most likely be staying in the Holiday Inn. Laundry is not free there. In my carry-on, I packed 2 sets of PJs, flip flops for the shower, a small toiletry kit with travel sizes, Gas X strips, and earplugs. I wore a loose-fitting dress on my way there and the same dress on the way home. I also took a book and my iPad. Wifi wasn't working in my room so I couldn't use it. I did read my book though. There was a TV in my room but no remote.

Dr. Illan and Dr. Flores were great. When Dr. Flores visits you, have a list of questions prepared for him. He is super patient, knowledgable, and friendly. Luis (the valet at the hospital) and Juanito (your tour guide at the hotel) were also great.

Beware of Rosa; she will make you sign all the consent forms in Spanish and tell you that your surgery will be delayed if you don't sign them. After surgery, she brought me English copies of some of the documents but not all.

Also, be prepared that you may or may not have English-speaking nurses. Some people did, but I did not. It was a very difficult and miserable 3 days.

What is this about the condo's closed? I'm leaving in a week..... Just curious. Thx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the BariatricPal App

What is this about the condo's closed? I'm leaving in a week..... Just curious. Thx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the BariatricPal App

I've been in Tijuana for the last month. I stayed in the condos the first 4 days. There was blaring music and parties going on until 4am every night I was there. Seems like they renovated two houses across the street and converted them into party halls. The music was great but not at 2am. I don't think our patients would be very happy recovering in those conditions. Also, there were sewer issues that we've dealing with since the big floods and we don't want to have the same issue this year. We've made special arrangement with the Holiday Inn, in the upscale Zone Rio area of TJ. It's an awesome hotel which I toured personally and will be uploading a video of it over the next few days. It surpasses most holiday inns I've stayed at in the US and the service there is impeccable. You'll still have the same personal valet service while you are recuperating at the hotel. Stay tuned for some other positive changes we are making shortly!