Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cellulite, Stretch Marks & Other Unsightly's

Hi Sleevers! This post is largely for those of you who've reached goal & may have had stretch marks or cellulite prior to surgery. How has your body changed, has the cellulite disappeared... Stretch marks diminished? Please share your story and if possible before & after pics of "problem" areas.

I'm a month post op & HATE my cellulite. I have it all over my legs. If they will vanish once I reach my goal (130) I'd be so ecstatic! I've always wanted to wear shorts but have never due to the sight of them.

Please share! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I would like to know too. I have it bad on my legs. During summer months I go swiming alot so I take advantage to tan my legs to help incognito the cellulite.

Sent from my LG-H811 using the BariatricPal App

I've been waiting patiently for someone to respond. Surely someone has had or have cellulite & have lost the weight. Hopefully a supporter will chime in. Stay tuned...

I'm curious to know if stretch marks on tummy interfere with the surgery itself. Only reason I ask is bc stretch marks are fibrous tissue and they can get in the way of surgical tools.

You'll be fine. I have stretch marks all over my belly (thanks to motherhood) didn't have a problem at all. I haven't heard of stretch marks interfering w/ surgery... That's interesting. I'm sure there are other Sleevers that can chime in as well to let you know that you have no worries. Now the liver may be an issue if you do not follow pre-op instructions.

I'm curious to know if stretch marks on tummy interfere with the surgery itself. Only reason I ask is bc stretch marks are fibrous tissue and they can get in the way of surgical tools.

You'll be fine. I have stretch marks all over my belly (thanks to motherhood) didn't have a problem at all. I haven't heard of stretch marks interfering w/ surgery... That's interesting. I'm sure there are other Sleevers that can chime in as well to let you know that you have no worries. Now the liver may be an issue if you do not follow pre-op instructions.

@@GigiLane when is your surgery!

@@GigiLane when is your surgery!

I don't have a date yet :) I'm on my 2/6 nutritional visits. Hoping for a February date. Are you post op?

@reducer23 ^^^

@@reducer623 :) see above lol

@@GigiLane the time will fly by. Best of wishes on your journey.

I'm 5 weeks post op.