Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet

Hi guys , today 5th day post op, haven't jumped on the scales

Not eating or drinking well enough as I should

Please share some ideas and recipes. All i had was liquid yoghurt

Half scoop made Protein Shake, tea and Water

When it comes to Soups do they have to b strained and should they have no particles even minor

Thanks for all ur help and guidance

According to most programs, including my own, Soups need to be completely strained, as small pieces of food can get stuck and hurt you this early out. I couldn't even eat creamed Soup unless it was watered down with milk, but after I got it to a nice thin consistency, it was great. How are you feeling otherwise? Still having gas pains and so on?

Thanks for reply yes some grumbling esp at night embarrassing

I am doing ok. Excited but don't know what to eat. Any ideas or recipes would be helpful

Yes i haven't tried much coz i am scared of hurting

@@dream2btrue

What diet does your surgeon have you following at this point? Usually Clear Liquids helps with the heaviness in your new tummy this early out.

@@dream2btrue

I would definately call her and ask her to get specific on what you can have and for how long until the next phases.

There are two kinds of liquid diets. Clear and full. Clear means exactly that if you can see through it and it doesn't have sugar you can have it. Full liquid means you can have strained cream Soups and even yogurts.

Depending on what surgery you had, you might have been on Clear liquids only for the first week. So I would ask.

I had my sleeve surgery on Tuesday and am on clear liquids for a few more days. I am managing to get one Protein Shake down along with about 3oz of chicken broth and 2oz of Jello. Other than that, it’s all Water. I’m finding the water it a little harsh on my stomach by the evening, so I may need to get a little bit of apple juice or something to soften it a bit.

I had my sleeve surgery on Tuesday and am on Clear Liquids for a few more days. I am managing to get one Protein Shake down along with about 3oz of chicken broth and 2oz of Jello. Other than that, it’s all Water. I’m finding the Water it a little harsh on my stomach by the evening, so I may need to get a little bit of apple juice or something to soften it a bit.

Try warming the water it might feel more soothing