Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post-op/ vomiting

I'm a little over 2 weeks post-op (my surgery was on July 25th.) I've been on soft foods since last Friday. I've thrown up every food I've tried since then. The rule is, if I vomit is to go back to Clear liquids for 24 hours. My body is fine on full liquids, just not food. I've tried a ricotta bake, egg salad, mashed potatoes, and chicken salad. I'm chewing my food enough, and I'm using the 30/60 rule, but within minutes, I get awful indigestion which causes me to vomit. Has anyone else been through this? I'm kind of scared. I know my body is still healing, and adjusting to it's new stomach. Am I just healing slower than the average person? I am getting my 64 oz. of fluids in and getting in about 60 grams of Protein a day, as well as my Vitamins. Is this okay?

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I am 4 months post op on 8/9/2016 and still have vomiting spells most days. I do all that I am suppose to do also. I have started taking Omeprazole each day and going to see if it will help. I will be going back to my surgeon of I don't get better. You are in the early stages and hopefully yours in from the healing process. I have read some people have excellent results and others have nausea and vomiting. I am still thankful I had the surgery. I just need to improve my health problems.

I am 4 months post op on 8/9/2016 and still have vomiting spells most days. I do all that I am suppose to do also. I have started taking Omeprazole each day and going to see if it will help. I will be going back to my surgeon of I don't get better. You are in the early stages and hopefully yours in from the healing process. I have read some people have excellent results and others have nausea and vomiting. I am still thankful I had the surgery. I just need to improve my health problems.

@@pet195959 I'm still thankful I had it done too. And I'm so thankful I'm able to keep my Vitamins down, as well as my Protein and Water. I'm on the same medication as you too. I've actually been on it since there day after surgery. After waking up from surgery, I immediately had nausea and vomiting. I was hoping it was *just* from surgery, but I guess it'll be a little longer for me. Thank you so much for your reply! How long after surgery were you finally able to hold down some foods?

I'm a little over 2 weeks post-op (my surgery was on July 25th.) I've been on soft foods since last Friday. I've thrown up every food I've tried since then. The rule is, if I vomit is to go back to Clear Liquids for 24 hours. My body is fine on full liquids, just not food. I've tried a ricotta bake, egg salad, mashed potatoes, and chicken salad. I'm chewing my food enough, and I'm using the 30/60 rule, but within minutes, I get awful indigestion which causes me to vomit. Has anyone else been through this? I'm kind of scared. I know my body is still healing, and adjusting to it's new stomach. Am I just healing slower than the average person? I am getting my 64 oz. of fluids in and getting in about 60 grams of Protein a day, as well as my Vitamins. Is this okay?

I found taking tiny bits of food to be helpful. If you take too big of a bite, your food might not be chewed small enough. And eating really slow is very important. And drinking in between meal so you don't fill with gas. I don't know if this will help or if you are doing all this already. Just trying to help

Sent from my SM-S902L using the BariatricPal App

I'm a little over 2 weeks post-op (my surgery was on July 25th.) I've been on soft foods since last Friday. I've thrown up every food I've tried since then. The rule is, if I vomit is to go back to clear liquids for 24 hours. My body is fine on full liquids, just not food. I've tried a ricotta bake, egg salad, mashed potatoes, and chicken salad. I'm chewing my food enough, and I'm using the 30/60 rule, but within minutes, I get awful indigestion which causes me to vomit. Has anyone else been through this? I'm kind of scared. I know my body is still healing, and adjusting to it's new stomach. Am I just healing slower than the average person? I am getting my 64 oz. of fluids in and getting in about 60 grams of Protein a day, as well as my Vitamins. Is this okay?

I found taking tiny bits of food to be helpful. If you take too big of a bite, your food might not be chewed small enough. And eating really slow is very important. And drinking in between meal so you don't fill with gas. I don't know if this will help or if you are doing all this already. Just trying to help

Sent from my SM-S902L using the BariatricPal App

@@Tweety Bird I'm already doing all of that. but tysm for your response. I'll try again in the morning, and try and mash my food more in my mouth until it's a puréed consistency rather than just a "soft food."

The foods that you're eating might be too dry to handle. Try a chicken vegetable Soup with the veggies being very well cooked. The moistness of the soup might help the food go down easier and reduce nausea/vomiting.

You can get Fiber from the veggies and Protein from the chicken!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you @@deannasdiet I'm actually going to my surgeon's tomorrow because I've been on clears and I'm still vomiting. Hopefully, it's still just my body adjusting and nothing more.

My doc and nut dont let us have soft foods until after 6 weeks. Week one is clear liquids, week two is full liquids, weeks three through eight are pureed foods.

I said to hell with it and bought first stage baby foods. I had my first one today and it wasnt to bad.

Sent from my LG-H343 using the BariatricPal App

@@dede_mont you're right.....this is exactly what my doc and nutrition....I'm still pre op waiting on approval from my insurance, what you just described is what I was told....I also asked about the baby food and the told me to be careful with the sugars

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using the BariatricPal App

My doc and nut dont let us have soft foods until after 6 weeks. Week one is Clear liquids, week two is full liquids, weeks three through eight are pureed foods.

I said to hell with it and bought first stage baby foods. I had my first one today and it wasnt to bad.

@@dede_mont I'm thinking my doctor will tell me the same tomorrow; to either go back to puréed or full liquids. Right now, he has me back on full clear liquids, but I still have been sick all day. I'll update everyone tomorrow.

@@dede_mont you're right.....this is exactly what my doc and nutrition....I'm still pre op waiting on approval from my insurance, what you just described is what I was told....I also asked about the baby food and the told me to be careful with the sugars

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using the BariatricPal App

I agree about the sugars, but i know there isnt any added sugars so its all from the fruits and veggies. I also mixed Protein powder in it and only ate about an oz of the 4oz container. Even at 4 weeks out I'm still only able to take in less than an 1oz or 2oz at a time.