Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser - Approval - Required Courses

for 6 months once a week I woke up at 4:00am to get to work early so I could leave early to get to my classes. It is not just the information, it is a commitment to yourself and your new life style. They want to see you are committed not only to the process but the lifestyle.

So I am currently attending the nutrition and lifestyle classes at Kaiser- they are mandatory. They were each two hours long. We also had to do at least one support group that was a minimum of 1 hour. We also had orientation which was 3.5 hours. So u meet a few people exchange a few numbers and decide for yourself what other commitments you are making to support groups. They have lots of info of course. For me the classes are 2 hours away but I found another nurse from my hospital making the same drive as me. Really great. Then someone else. So four of us have made a little accountability group it's been great. Three of the four of us are nurses sitting thru nutrition classes also. But it helped when they showed us chewable high quality Vitamins. They did the work n research we benefited from. Just my opinion.

My surgery will hopefully be Oct 11th

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So I am currently attending the nutrition and lifestyle classes at Kaiser- they are mandatory. They were each two hours long. We also had to do at least one support group that was a minimum of 1 hour. We also had orientation which was 3.5 hours. So u meet a few people exchange a few numbers and decide for yourself what other commitments you are making to support groups. They have lots of info of course. For me the classes are 2 hours away but I found another nurse from my hospital making the same drive as me. Really great. Then someone else. So four of us have made a little accountability group it's been great. Three of the four of us are nurses sitting thru nutrition classes also. But it helped when they showed us chewable high quality Vitamins. They did the work n research we benefited from. Just my opinion.

My surgery will hopefully be Oct 11th

That's really cool. I guess some of us take for granted how easy we have it. My class is about 7 minutes away from my office and starts at 6pm, after I get out of work. Are you done with your classes already?? We don't get to see the surgeon till we're done with our classes.

I am all done with classes! ???? And met with the surgeon and have my psych appt scheduled. So my surgery is going to be oct 11. I have only 10 lbs left to get to the goal weight but I can't have surgery until my psych appt which is sept 14. But for me I did my physical the morning before orientation, my lab work on the break during orientation and stated for a support meeting Everything came back good. The following week I met with the surgeon early on the same day I had my nutrition and lifestyle class. I still have two phone appointments - 1:nut follow up. 2: NP checking in on me. , and psych apt. Then I have to call dr when within 5 lb of goal to see if he will move up surgery date. That's where I'm at.

I am all done with classes! And met with the surgeon and have my psych appt scheduled. So my surgery is going to be oct 11. I have only 10 lbs left to get to the goal weight but I can't have surgery until my psych appt which is sept 14. But for me I did my physical the morning before orientation, my lab work on the break during orientation and stated for a support meeting Everything came back good. The following week I met with the surgeon early on the same day I had my nutrition and lifestyle class. I still have two phone appointments - 1:nut follow up. 2: NP checking in on me. , and psych apt. Then I have to call dr when within 5 lb of goal to see if he will move up surgery date. That's where I'm at.

Comgratulations!!! That's wonderful. I can't wait to get there. Good for you!

I am all done with classes! And met with the surgeon and have my psych appt scheduled. So my surgery is going to be oct 11. I have only 10 lbs left to get to the goal weight but I can't have surgery until my psych appt which is sept 14. But for me I did my physical the morning before orientation, my lab work on the break during orientation and stated for a support meeting Everything came back good. The following week I met with the surgeon early on the same day I had my nutrition and lifestyle class. I still have two phone appointments - 1:nut follow up. 2: NP checking in on me. , and psych apt. Then I have to call dr when within 5 lb of goal to see if he will move up surgery date. That's where I'm at.

did they you lose more weight after you graduated from the options program? I have 4 more classes, and only lost about 7lbs. Also, I had the lapband removed in Dec.8 last year and im awaiting a revision.

I am all done with classes! ???? And met with the surgeon and have my psych appt scheduled. So my surgery is going to be oct 11. I have only 10 lbs left to get to the goal weight but I can't have surgery until my psych appt which is sept 14. But for me I did my physical the morning before orientation, my lab work on the break during orientation and stated for a support meeting Everything came back good. The following week I met with the surgeon early on the same day I had my nutrition and lifestyle class. I still have two phone appointments - 1:nut follow up. 2: NP checking in on me. , and psych apt. Then I have to call dr when within 5 lb of goal to see if he will move up surgery date. That's where I'm at.

How is your progress with WLS. Are you still scheduled for October 11?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

did they you lose more weight after you graduated from the options program? I have 4 more classes, and only lost about 7lbs. Also, I had the lapband removed in Dec.8 last year and im awaiting a revision.

FYI, for Kaiser Orange County (CA), they won't do your surgery until you've lost the 10%. My sister's friend just had it done this week & I asked her why she had to wait so long and she said because she hadn't lost the 10% yet. Also I would try colon cleansers, the human body can store several pounds of waste.

On 8/11/2016 at 10:30 AM, CaN8ive said:

I am Kaiser nor cal. It is very different here. I just had my orientation appt. my physical appt on the same day. Next week I have my nutrition class and lifestyle class. I also meet with my surgeon. I did my lab tests following my orientation class. They got my results called me and scheduled my psych appt for middle of sept. I am going to have surgery the end of sept beginning of October.

Help i have question,

I am 39.7 BMI , I HAVE ORIENTATION and meet surgeon May 2. I am only a referral. I wanted to start loosing the 10lbs being i had at least 1 month to surgeon and have 2 classes May 17th and i see physc 30th.

if i loose the 10lbs. Being 5'4 222 id not fall in the proper BMI for San Francisco kaiser.

I was just going to let the surgeon know i had some pre education and knew id be asked to loose at least 10lbs, so to show commitment. However i will not weigh in at required bmi. I have went 2 times to doctor since referral to have a weight recorded into my kaiser file just in case.

Also outside the orientation, meet surgeon, 2 classes and the pshyc eval is there more classes expected? Id like to get started now. I am a kaiser patient.

My sister did surgery and has gave me alot of information and taught me alot.

I have purchased 3 month supply of varity of needed dissolve Vitamins and the Protein Drinks.