Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things that I'll be taking to hospital

If I were you I'd just wear the same outfit to the hospital and from the hospital. Also you don't need all of that stuff honey, you're over packed. Blessings to you and good luck on your surgery! !

Sent from my SGH-M919 using the BariatricPal App

Thank for your response, but it gets a little redundant. I appreciate what was said but like I said thank for your opinion. But I don't need to keep hearing it... Now I have to add your opinion to something that wasn't directed towards you... Until now

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Wow what an attitude. Best of luck with your sugery. We're supposed to support each other. You just might learn something from people who have already gone through this, and yes everyone's going to be different. I wish you all the best in the future, doesn't sound like you're going to have much of a support system on here with your attitude. . This is no walk in the park, and you can not do this without support. God bless

Sent from my SM-S902L using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Tweety Bird

Why are you so upset over other members telling you what they found helpful when they went to the hospital? That is normally why one wold post on these forums, for suggestions from other. Guess you just wanted everyone to know that you can pack a hospital bag.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1470596714.089070.jpg

Pillows

Gowns

Slippers

Flip flops

Two out fits, one to ware to the hospital/ return home

Scarf

under garments

Smell goods

Tooth paste, mouth wash, and tooth brash

Deodorant

Heating pad

I am so sorry that you have gotten irritated with responses that you received from this post. We all have had some sort of experience whether it be pre or post surgery. I know for me, I enjoy sharing my experience to help others along their journey and I love to hear from others further along than I am. I really hope that you can understand most of us feel the same way. Just sharing our journey and supporting one another.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Yay I rather be safe then sorry... I don't think I will be waring the same thing home; due to the fact that what I am waring to the hospital is tight fit-it pants and what I am waring home that outfit is much looser... I don't want to irritate my incision.

My date is the 16th, so wish me luck and blessing

Do what you feel is right for you! I brought everything above and then some!! I seriously am a beauty girl and work at the hospital where I had my bypass!! I thought... I'll be ready for all my visitors....well, I was obsessively consumed with getting my liquids in!! Between that and resting, and recovery, I used nothing. I just wanted to feel better and go home!! I did bring pjs and lounge wear, which I used a lot of for walking etc!

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I am not going to keep hearing people indicate what I should or shouldn't bring when I expressed I did want to hear it... Instead people want to write what they brought to hospital... On this one I just wanted to hear you are prepared... Take my feeling into consideration not just everyone opinion.

Why are you being so defensive? Its an open forum people are just giving their opion.

I packed a similar bag, which my husband took home!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

I always pack more than needed as well because I like to be extra prepared. Then I don't use half of what I pack lol but it's better to be safe than anything else. Thanks to all of you for the insight and Congrats! :)

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App

I didnt bring so much, just what I was told would be necessary. Ibrought my cpap machine, med card and ID, cell phone and charger, and a light jacket. I wore home what I wore to hospital and everything I needed was supplied. I had to wear their nonslip socks and the gown. Was given plenty of warm blankets and other things. You will sleep much of the time. I didn't even go on Facebook much. I just texted family and friends who knew and watched jeopardy a couple of times. I wanted to watch the Rio games but I had no energy for that. I was given heat packs, meds, and pretty much all that I really needed (even chamomile tea). I was even given a pillow to use in the car on the way home. It's now my car pillow when I go in the car (I'm 5 days past surgery). Best of luck on your surgery!!!

~~ LadyDarkness415 ~~

Edited by LadyDarkness415

I also had my daughter bring me a pen and paper trying to keep up with my ounces and doing the breathing Spiro meter when the nurses would ask.

Denise~Macon, GA

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1470596714.089070.jpg

Pillows

Gowns

Slippers

Flip flops

Two out fits, one to ware to the hospital/ return home

Scarf

under garments

Smell goods

Tooth paste, mouth wash, and tooth brash

Deodorant

Heating pad

I didn't take much. I took my headscarf, a travel size hair spray, something to read, my phone and charger. All of it fit in my purse. Since my surgery was early in the morning. I wear the same outfit/ dress home because I only had it on for 30 minutes before I got to the hospital. Dress comfortably and pamper yourself and skin before going to the hospital.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App