Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wish someone would have told me that you lose all your weight via explosive diarrhea followed by a hot/cold sweat that you feel like you'll pass out, bc then I would have passed on getting this surgery done. Is this something that lasts forever? I've been trying to follow directions with drinking enough Water and getting Protein in....I did eat maybe 8-10 soft macaroni elbows like 3 days ago which is when all of this started. Is it too late to get my stomach back? How does anyone live a normal life like this? I'm supposed to go back to work next week, little do they know I'll be working from the restrooms I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Sounds like dumping to me. Might want to avoid Pasta for a while.

If I eat something that causes me to dump, the effects can last a little while.

Feel better

First off you shouldn't be having any solids whatsoever, you just had major stomach surgery. As far as I know you should be in a liquid diet for at least 2 weeks. Let your stomach heel. Second of all everyone is different. But sounds like you have dumping syndrome from eating Pasta.

Wish someone would have told me that you lose all your weight via explosive diarrhea followed by a hot/cold sweat that you feel like you'll pass out, bc then I would have passed on getting this surgery done. Is this something that lasts forever? I've been trying to follow directions with drinking enough Water and getting Protein in....I did eat maybe 8-10 soft macaroni elbows like 3 days ago which is when all of this started. Is it too late to get my stomach back? How does anyone live a normal life like this? I'm supposed to go back to work next week, little do they know I'll be working from the restrooms I guess.

Surgery on 8/1 and 10 pieces of Pasta on 8/3? I'm stunned.

2 days post-op I was struggling to get 30 ml of clear liquid into my stomach. I had diarrhea every day for about 10 days as a result of having the surgery. If I swallowed a mouthful of Water too fast, it was agonizing.

Do you have a clear idea of what the surgery actually DOES to your stomach? My surgeon advances his patients' food more rapidly than most any others I've seen or heard of, but a 2 DAYS post-op, he would have been furious if I'd done something like eat Pasta.

What do your post-op guidelines say you should be eating? All I can tell you is to eat that, and to call your surgeon's office on Monday and tell them you need to see the nutritionist/dietitian to help you understand how you should be eating and advancing your diet. Good luck to you.

Edited by ShelterDog64

Even something as small as 10!!! macaroni elbows several days ago?

You quite likely would have had diarrhea anyway, the Pasta certainly didn't help. Pasta isn't on my list of things to eat at 6 weeks out, much less 2 days.

@@plates If I remember from seeing your original post - you had Mac n cheese. The fat in that could also cause problems. You can't eat off plan or you may end up with complications - some could be life threatening. I don't know why you thought eating anything 3 days post-op was wise - never mind Mac n cheese which isn't allowed on most plans until maintenance if then. Yes - it's too late to get your stomach back. Get your head in the game before it's too late.

Edited by KristenLe

Plates....it's a learning process...just be sure to read your manual thoroughly and contact your nutritionist or Drs office if you aren't sure about something...Good luck and hope you feel better physically and mentally soon [emoji3][emoji106]

Sorry that you are feeling so terrible. You should not eat anything that wasn't listed by your bariatric nutritionist.There is a slight risk of leakage fom a new gastric sleeve surgery. You must let it heal before asking it to handle digesting solid food. Please call your doctor asap to be checked over. I haven't had surgery yet, not until the 12th.I expect to have a rough week with slow improvement after that. You shouldn't rush it.

Same thing happen to me I ate a Rita's Water ice about 2 weeks post op and felt like I was literally gonna die it may be a little difficult but it's so important to follow the diet and don't get too ahead of the stage your suppose to be at good luck and let your body heal

Sent from my Z828 using the BariatricPal App

this will pass - some of us didn't have the runs at all, in fact we had the opposite problem.

stick to your program, your stomach is healing inside. it has a long wound running down it. Please don't go off your program and risk complications. It does get easier/better. hang in there.