Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fashion advice

In about a month a close cousin of mine is getting married. I actually found a dress that I like and that looks good on me. So now I have no idea what kind of purse to wear. I need to buy one but I don't know what someone my age (33) should wear, what color it should be, a clutch or shoulder strap.....

the dress is navy and the shoes will probably be black

HELP!

I like clutches the best for special occasions and formal events. You can buy one in a neutral metallic shade (gold, silver, gunmetal, copper) and it will go with everything.

A clutch is also a great way to add a pop of color. A red clutch with a navy dress? So cute. Add red lipstick and you have a whole look.

At your young age I would avoid the kind of matronly chain strap beaded clutches that you can find at all the dress shops and look for something a little bit more funky! There are clutches that look like kisses, books, or have fun sayings on them. You can do something in a hard box shape. I love love love lucite clutches.

Also think about how your manicure, bracelets, and rings will look against your clutch!

I can post some pictures if that helps.

In about a month a close cousin of mine is getting married. I actually found a dress that I like and that looks good on me. So now I have no idea what kind of purse to wear. I need to buy one but I don't know what someone my age (33) should wear, what color it should be, a clutch or shoulder strap.....

the dress is navy and the shoes will probably be black

HELP!

How about a gold clutch? Gold and navy look so good together! If you have gold shoes, wear those too. :)

So I never wear dresses or girly things and this might be a stupid question

what do I do with a clutch when sitting at the table? When I get up I can leave it on the chair, but when seated where does it go?

this is all such new ground for me. I never cared about makeup or dresses or shoes. Oh god I have to buy shoes.

EDIT:

what do you guys think of this one. I don't want to spend a fortune

https://www.amazon.com/Damara-Pleated-Crystal-Studded-Handbag-Evening/dp/B00ORM7VMM/ref=cts_sh_1_vtp

Edited by Sophie74656

I usually put it on the table because my clutches are always so special and beautiful that everyone likes to look at them.

I know it sounds like I'm kidding but I'm kind of not.

It can go in your lap.

I usually put it on the table because my clutches are always so special and beautiful that everyone likes to look at them.

I know it sounds like I'm kidding but I'm kind of not.

It can go in your lap.

there's actually room in my lap now LOL

image1xxl.jpgimage1xxl.jpgimage1xxl.jpgimage3xxl.jpg

You are young enough to do something totally funky if you want. Love the idea of one of those different shaped clutches. They are totally fun if you are confident enough to carry one.

I think a bright color one would be good! Add a pop of color. I wore a nave dress to a wedding I went to this summer and wore hot pink shoes for colorpost-267256-14703656905712_thumb.jpg

Kill the black shoes. You're 33, not 87 with one foot on a banana peel.

If you say whether the wedding is day or eve and what sort of place it's being held at and give an idea of what your dress looks like, it'll be easier to give you some good ideas.

If you choose to fill in the information, please click my "mention" so that I know.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

I've been to dozens and dozens of affairs and the clutch can go in your lap or on the table. And yes...make it a clutch, not a bag with a strap. Hang in there...the day will come when you will know how to dress and accessorize. :)

I'm having problems with dressing up now. I never really cared before. I'm like a kid again learning everything. I don't even really know how to wear makeup.

I think this is the dress I bought, or it's very very close. But no jacket

http://www.jcpenney.com/rm-richards-34-sleeve-tiered-jacket-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5007860036&Nao=24&pN=2&searchTerm=r%26m+jacket+dress&catId=SearchResults&_dyncharset=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0630201617061410M.TIF

I agree with skipping the black shoes, even a brown or grey would mix it up. But if you can find one what about a strappy silver?

As with hospital, DON"T OVER PACK. You can use a tiny small, cute clutch (love the ones posted). Only need maybe ID, a credit card, lipstick, and phone. If you want security of more stuff bring your larger purse and leave in car/room.

If really small on table is fine, or lap. Sometimes I would put a small clutch behind me if the chair was secure.

I'm having problems with dressing up now. I never really cared before. I'm like a kid again learning everything. I don't even really know how to wear makeup.

I think this is the dress I bought, or it's very very close. But no jacket

http://www.jcpenney.com/rm-richards-34-sleeve-tiered-jacket-dress/prod.jump?ppId=pp5007860036&Nao=24&pN=2&searchTerm=r%26m+jacket+dress&catId=SearchResults&_dyncharset=UTF-8&colorizedImg=DP0630201617061410M.TIF

If this is the dress - you need to find a sexy pair of silver sandals like in the ad. Have fun!!!

Pretty dress...and yes...silver shoes would look good. Just remember...if you buy sandals or open-toed shoes, no stockings. So you will probably need Spanx to smooth things over. I use them and control top hosiery. If you get silver shoes, go with a silver or sparkly clutch. That will give you a pop of color. If you don't know how to put on makeup...go to a department store and have one of the girls there apply it and show you how to do it. Or ask a girlfriend to help you. It's OK...we'll help as best we can even though we're virtual.