Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op regrets topics - not popular

I haven't made a big deal out of anything. Just stating facts.

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

Whatever you say.

Thank you for stopping by to highlight my difficulties with the NHS to raise awareness for other NHS bariatric patients!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@GinaCampbell please post a pic of the pink eyebrows!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1470848154.337654.jpg

Can you see it (inside photo)

Looks a bit mauve.
I saw a striking cater waiter at a visiting ballet company reception recently who had a closely shaved head of dark hair but electric blue eyebrows. For some reason, I was expecting something more like that!

I may have to resort to drastic actions to resolve eyebrow problem. First I have to get well enough to get out of the loo for more than an hour!

I don't know why everyone is wasting their time with this. Gina obviously just wants to be very clear that this was a mistake. She doesn't want to believe that one day, she could feel different. Therefore, you're all wasting your words. If someone can't even believe that there is a tiny possibility that they don't know how they're going to feel in a few months or a year, there's literally no hope of helping her through this. I think the only thing that will help is to say, Gina, this was absolutely a poor choice for you and we understand you regret it the end.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

The reason people comment is complex. Some just want an argument. Some dislike my refusal to be driven away. Some simply find it confusing that I am willing to say clearly that this surgery is not for everyone.

Your post is a common one. I don't need "help" to "get through" something that is impossible to change. The stomach is gone. I could have lost weight myself. This surgery proved it.

The reason I have lost the majority of my excess weight is because I am starving. I am only able to ingest 300 to 400 cals most days and due to constant diarrhea, lose as much liquid as I take in.

Some of us stuck to our pre op 800 cal diet because we had to to get what we wanted, surgery.

What we don't like to admit is that some of us could have tried harder without altering our body permanently.

And some of us just won't like the changes we are forced to make post op.

I am brave enough to say that regardless of how unpopular this topic is.

Again, I ask, how would you want me to feel?

My actual opinion doesn't suit you, so what feeling do you want me to have?

I could lie to the world here and say, I love my sleeve, this is great! I eat loads of Protein, don't mind the constant runs, food revulsion, etc

But then someone like me, who was looking for advice, might just think we all love our sleeves.

Thank you for highlighting this problem with your contribution!

My issue isn't with you. It's with everyone else who is wasting their time trying to help you.

Thanks for sharing. Yes, we must both sides of the coin.

Sent from cyberdiva's iPhone using the BariatricPal App

In regards to the C. Diff, if family hasn't caught it yet, hand washing is key. Those little germs are incredibly pesky and ONLY get killed from bleach wipes or soap/water. It's one of the most common hospital infections since its related to antibiotic use.

I'm 2 months and 10 days post op and don't regret my decision at all I had vsg sugery and I made up my mind before I had the surgery. it was the best decision for me I'm no longer on my diabetic meds or b p meds or even my colestrole meds . I've stopped smoking and have lots of energy and my knees and back doesn't bother me as much now that I'm loosing weight so I'm healthier now than I've been in years

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I don't know why everyone is wasting their time with this. Gina obviously just wants to be very clear that this was a mistake. She doesn't want to believe that one day, she could feel different. Therefore, you're all wasting your words. If someone can't even believe that there is a tiny possibility that they don't know how they're going to feel in a few months or a year, there's literally no hope of helping her through this. I think the only thing that will help is to say, Gina, this was absolutely a poor choice for you and we understand you regret it the end.

The reason people comment is complex. Some just want an argument. Some dislike my refusal to be driven away. Some simply find it confusing that I am willing to say clearly that this surgery is not for everyone.

Your post is a common one. I don't need "help" to "get through" something that is impossible to change. The stomach is gone. I could have lost weight myself. This surgery proved it.

The reason I have lost the majority of my excess weight is because I am starving. I am only able to ingest 300 to 400 cals most days and due to constant diarrhea, lose as much liquid as I take in.

Some of us stuck to our pre op 800 cal diet because we had to to get what we wanted, surgery.

What we don't like to admit is that some of us could have tried harder without altering our body permanently.

And some of us just won't like the changes we are forced to make post op.

I am brave enough to say that regardless of how unpopular this topic is.

Again, I ask, how would you want me to feel?

My actual opinion doesn't suit you, so what feeling do you want me to have?

I could lie to the world here and say, I love my sleeve, this is great! I eat loads of Protein, don't mind the constant runs, food revulsion, etc

But then someone like me, who was looking for advice, might just think we all love our sleeves.

Thank you for highlighting this problem with your contribution!

My issue isn't with you. It's with everyone else who is wasting their time trying to help you.

Ah, the passive aggressive approach!

Thank you for your help in highlighting this issue for me with your contribution.

I'm 2 months and 10 days post op and don't regret my decision at all I had vsg sugery and I made up my mind before I had the surgery. it was the best decision for me I'm no longer on my diabetic meds or b p meds or even my colestrole meds . I've stopped smoking and have lots of energy and my knees and back doesn't bother me as much now that I'm loosing weight so I'm healthier now than I've been in years

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Exactly! You made a decision that you felt best for you and have had great medical results! Now that is good news!

I made a decision that was wrong for me and have had the opposite effects.

I want to say that I respect your stance on your decision. I applaud you for your willingness to be open about your struggles. It is certainly true that you have a right to think and feel as you wish about your surgery. The only thing I would counter with is what do you plan to do? Your surgery has been completed. VSG cannot be reversed. You like the rest of us are stuck, so to speak, with it for the rest of our lives. It does not seem to me a good idea to live in regret everyday for the rest of your life. In other words how are you going to turn this lemon into lemonade? It is my hope that this is something you would reflect on. Take care.

I want to say that I respect your stance on your decision. I applaud you for your willingness to be open about your struggles. It is certainly true that you have a right to think and feel as you wish about your surgery. The only thing I would counter with is what do you plan to do? Your surgery has been completed. VSG cannot be reversed. You like the rest of us are stuck, so to speak, with it for the rest of our lives. It does not seem to me a good idea to live in regret everyday for the rest of your life. In other words how are you going to turn this lemon into lemonade? It is my hope that this is something you would reflect on. Take care.

Thank you!

My plan is to keep fighting to get back to where I was Healthwise pre op in the first instance. Obviously now, I will have to manage the C Diff issue and it's complications. It is a tough infection to cure. The percentages on reoccurrence are quite worrying.

Once all that is under control. I need to concentrate on slowing down the weightloss. I am still losing between 5 and 7 lbs a week and only getting in between 300 and 400 calories a day. I need to get my Vitamins, minerals, Iron and nutrient levels sorted out.

Once all that is completed, and this could take months to achieve, I then need to get back to my pre op routine. Seeing family, friends, neighbours,attending church etc.

It is heartbreaking to be isolated from your family due to illness. Now I have to worry about who I infect with C Diff. On visits, I need to be conscious about using people's loos etc.

Beyond that, I plan to develop a good relationship with a GP that has enough knowledge to help me get back to health and to get away from the bariatric system. I may have to pay privately for this care.

As I keep saying, I don't live in regret. I live in a fight for my life. I believe that I have had C Diff for nearly eight weeks now and the inflammation, blood and mucous presenting, makes me fear that this situation may become even more serious due to the neglect of the bariatric team in post op care. My GP believes the bariatric team should be dealing with me and the bariatric team wants the GP to do it.

Meanwhile, I am in trouble.

I live my life deep in my Faith. And because I do, I am told that there is a plan for my life. That plan appears to be perseverance with grace.

Ultimately, I plan to consult an NHS healthcare advocate. I am going to ask that my case be looked over to ensure that I get better care and other people don't have to go through all of this.

If your query concerns my dislike of my sleeve, I accepted the ultimate responsibility for my mistake weeks ago. We all make mistakes. I made the decision in error. There is no point in dwelling on this as it is irreversible.

Umm, not actually. I agree there is not point on dwelling on the past one must move forward. I just wanted to make sure that you were plans to move forward and it seems like you have which is a good thing. This may not seem encouraging, but the opportunity for things to get better is ahead of you.

Thank you!

My plan is to keep fighting to get back to where I was Healthwise pre op in the first instance. Obviously now, I will have to manage the C Diff issue and it's complications. It is a tough infection to cure. The percentages on reoccurrence are quite worrying.

Once all that is under control. I need to concentrate on slowing down the weightloss. I am still losing between 5 and 7 lbs a week and only getting in between 300 and 400 calories a day. I need to get my Vitamins, minerals, Iron and nutrient levels sorted out.

Once all that is completed, and this could take months to achieve, I then need to get back to my pre op routine. Seeing family, friends, neighbours,attending church etc.

It is heartbreaking to be isolated from your family due to illness. Now I have to worry about who I infect with C Diff. On visits, I need to be conscious about using people's loos etc.

Beyond that, I plan to develop a good relationship with a GP that has enough knowledge to help me get back to health and to get away from the bariatric system. I may have to pay privately for this care.

As I keep saying, I don't live in regret. I live in a fight for my life. I believe that I have had C Diff for nearly eight weeks now and the inflammation, blood and mucous presenting, makes me fear that this situation may become even more serious due to the neglect of the bariatric team in post op care. My GP believes the bariatric team should be dealing with me and the bariatric team wants the GP to do it.

I live my life deep in my Faith. And because I do, I am told that there is a plan for my life. That plan appears to be perseverance with grace.

Ultimately, I plan to consult an NHS healthcare advocate. I am going to ask that my case be looked over to ensure that I get better care and other people don't have to go through all of this.

If your query concerns my dislike of my sleeve, I accepted the ultimate responsibility for my mistake weeks ago. We all make mistakes. I made the decision in error. There is no point in dwelling on this as it is irreversible.

Oh yes! My life can't stop because of one mistaken decision. No matter how much all of this illness, infection, lack of nutrition tries to slow me down!

I have a new home which is very exciting and gives me a non food focus.

Thank you!

At 2 or 3 mos out, I was eating the same amount of calories and losing the same amount. I didn't have complications. I'm just saying that you're not any different in that area. My calorie rec was between 300 and 500 calories per day.