Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddy...anyone?

Struggling!!!

A whole year has gone by already and I have received more negative than positive from family and so called friends. Now I am concerned and feel ashamed because I have not lost as much as I should have. I did not even Celebrate my first surgerversery (sp). Just healing from two major surgeries at the same time (RNY & gallbladder) was enough but now I realize that the negative reactions sent me more into a depressive state. My starting weight was over 500, maybe there is a willing buddy out there who has been successful with losing a massive amount of weight too.

I have not had surgery yet, but this is why I have not and will not tell a soul. I'm doing the whole process alone. I'm fine wit that. As for you just continue what you are doing. Most speak negatively about it thru ignorance. Push through!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have not had surgery yet, but this is why I have not and will not tell a soul. I'm doing the whole process alone. I'm fine wit that. As for you just continue what you are doing. Most speak negatively about it thru ignorance. Push through!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

TY sweetie, I wish you well with your new journey! :-)

This is why I didn't tell anyone either.

How does your medical support system feel about your weight loss?

If you feel you are not losing as fast as you should, do you have any idea why that is?

This surgery has been a great tool for me. It has helped be do what I couldn't do alone. But at the end of the day it is only a tool. It is still up to me to work a healthy habits and fight a daily struggle of over eating.

I have used an app called My Fitness Pal. It really helps to keep you honest with yourself as to what you are putting in your mouth. Really helpful with keeping track.

You can do this. You just need to refocus on yourself, don't worry about all the naysayers.

I would be happy to help. You can private message me if you like. It would be good to know where you are at with your diet and exercise.

Are you still working with your Bariatric team? A nutritionist and Physcologist could definately help you get back on track and will provide ideas for local support groups as well. You need someone in your camp to help encourage you and support you.

Thanks so much for your input! :-) I know all the answers to those questions. I am about 75% of the way there but I believe now that I would benefit from a bit of support from another WLS patient. Never had a buddy before and did not want one...lol! Now will I stop working hard if no one comes along, of course not but for me, just chatting on the phone would mean the world to me. A real example of my seriousness...just relocated across country to remove myself from chaos...difficult but DONE! Now to get re-established (have no transportation to get to support groups in my area) and on these forums looking for support.

Thanks again for responding, wish you well as you enjoy your great health! :-)

This is why I didn't tell anyone either.

How does your medical support system feel about your weight loss?

If you feel you are not losing as fast as you should, do you have any idea why that is?

This surgery has been a great tool for me. It has helped be do what I couldn't do alone. But at the end of the day it is only a tool. It is still up to me to work a healthy habits and fight a daily struggle of over eating.

I have used an app called My Fitness Pal. It really helps to keep you honest with yourself as to what you are putting in your mouth. Really helpful with keeping track.

Well, the problem is that I recently relocated across country to remove myself from the chaos and have no team here, not that I had much of one before (different topic, different day).

Yes, refocus & re-establish, exactly why I am here asking for help.

I will PM you soon, ty so much for reaching out to me!!!

Have A Wonderful Day :-)

You can do this. You just need to refocus on yourself, don't worry about all the naysayers.
and
I would be happy to help. You can private message me if you like. It would be good to know where you are at with your diet and exercise.

Are you still working with your Bariatric team? A nutritionist and Physcologist could definately help you get back on track and will provide ideas for local support groups as well. You need someone in your camp to help encourage you and support you.

If you have lost 75% of your goal in one year then I only have one thing to say to you.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a lot of reasons people are mean to folks after weight loss surgery.

One main thing I hear over and over comes down to one thing.

People hate change.

In their mind we have broken some unwritten contract and they are mad. We were the fat one. This is especially true for us who were the biggest in the group. They can eat their cake with out guilt cause they might gain weight but they will never let themselves get fat like WildGrits.

And then you change the game and all of a sudden they say mean things. I loved how some people said things like I'm full of myself. Well I have always been full of myself. I'm a snarky lil firecracker and always have been.

You were wise to distance yourself from others people and their chaos. That must have been very hard. Good for you for putting your needs where they belong, the priority.

I'm not big on support groups. But I am in a Facebook group which was a big help. Maybe you could start a new one. I would invite u to ours but its people who had surgery the same time I did and has become pretty quiet.