Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sounds like what my daughter is worried about for me! After hearing the whole diet progression she said you’ll be malnourished!! You hardly eat anything now! How little she pays attention! Lol! Partially true though....I used to be able to eat a lot then menopause hit a few years ago. I was ok the first 2 years and then it’s like....poof! 30 lbs appeared. ESG is 9/25 and I can’t wait!

@LowBMISleever, can you please share your recipe for the ricotta bake with me? I was only sleeved on 9/10/2018 but it never hurts to have healthy recipe choices on hand for when that time comes. It sounds like Italian food to me, which is always yummy! Lol. Right now, I think I would die if I even thought about eating real food but I know at some point I’ll be ready to return to an almost normal existence! Fingers crossed!

@LowBMISleever it's been little over 2 years out. would love to hear how you are coming along? is the honeymoon phase over yet?? Please check in

Hey all! I had to figure out what my password was to get back on here!!!

My update: I’m over 2 years out from surgery. I can eat whatever I want in moderation. I definitely can overeat the wrong foods now. I try to eat mostly Keto (high fat, low carb, no sugar). I weighed 132lbs this morning. My lowest I believe was 121lbs. I have to diet to weight under 128. My body’s happy weight is 130. I still want to binge occasionally. And occasionally I do. But bingeing post surgery is very different than presurgery. It’s 2 slices (maybe) of pizza and a dessert 2 hours later. Sugar still hits my stomach like a ton of bricks. Carbs fill me up like a balloon was inflated in my stomach. When I eat healthy, I feel amazing. I can eat just about the same amount of food as my friends when we go out to dinner. I’ll skip the bread, have a few bites of salad, then be able to eat almost all the Protein on the plate, a few bites of the veggie side and then I’m done. I don’t get dessert. I’ll tell you what I don’t like. I can’t drink like I used to. I thought I’d eventually be able to have 4 glasses of wine and be okay, but I’m now. After #2 I’m drunk, and I’m blacked out if I drink more than 3. My friends are heavy drinkers and this has been a bit of a problem. I have to tell them I can only have 2. That’s really the only thing that’s affected my life negatively. Here’s my most recent after. It’s from 2 weeks ago. Please let me know if you have any other questions :) this surgery is still the best thing I ever did!!!!

83135DAB-A13E-4A65-92AA-0565495FCDBE.jpeg

Edited by LowBMISleever

On 09/12/2018 at 16:49, LowBMISleever said:

Hey all! I had to figure out what my password was to get back on here!!!

My update: I’m over 2 years out from surgery. I can eat whatever I want in moderation. I definitely can overeat the wrong foods now. I try to eat mostly Keto (high fat, low carb, no sugar). I weighed 132lbs this morning. My lowest I believe was 121lbs. I have to diet to weight under 128. My body’s happy weight is 130. I still want to binge occasionally. And occasionally I do. But bingeing post surgery is very different than presurgery. It’s 2 slices (maybe) of pizza and a dessert 2 hours later. Sugar still hits my stomach like a ton of bricks. Carbs fill me up like a balloon was inflated in my stomach. When I eat healthy, I feel amazing. I can eat just about the same amount of food as my friends when we go out to dinner. I’ll skip the bread, have a few bites of salad, then be able to eat almost all the Protein on the plate, a few bites of the veggie side and then I’m done. I don’t get dessert. I’ll tell you what I don’t like. I can’t drink like I used to. I thought I’d eventually be able to have 4 glasses of wine and be okay, but I’m now. After #2 I’m drunk, and I’m blacked out if I drink more than 3. My friends are heavy drinkers and this has been a bit of a problem. I have to tell them I can only have 2. That’s really the only thing that’s affected my life negatively. Here’s my most recent after. It’s from 2 weeks ago. Please let me know if you have any other questions :) this surgery is still the best thing I ever did!!!!

83135DAB-A13E-4A65-92AA-0565495FCDBE.jpeg

Can you share your recipe for ricotta bake?

this one is great :)

Thank you so much for the update. What Vitamins are you taking now ? And have you had any problems with your health due to the sleeve. I did my sleeve 2 months ago with 33BMi

I just take 2 flintstone complete Vitamins once a day. My health is perfect, my numbers are perfect, all Hair loss has reversed and my hair is thicker than it used to be!

Things I can’t do anymore:

-drink soda out of a can quickly - but I can sip on it over ice just like anyone else.👌

-drink alcohol heavily or quickly - unless I don’t want to remember the night 🤦🏼‍♀️

-binge on large quantities of carbs/sugar without throwing up🙌🏻

Hope you’re feeling well! I remember it took me 3 months to feel energy, 6 months to feel normal, and 1 year to wish I had more restriction again lol.

Edited by LowBMISleever

I started with a 33 bmi. I have lost about 20 pounds so far. I watched my mother struggle with her weight and the weight related illness and knew I did not want that. I too could lose weight but never kept it off. I would have to go on extremely low calories to lose weight. I ruined my metabolism and think this surgery will save me from a life of diabetes, heart disease, joint replacements, and pain. I do not tell people I had the surgery because most would not understand and to be honest I was embarrassed I could not do it on my own and keep it off. Thank you for the post!