Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My bad on being late everyone!!! I'm buying a house and the lender has me running like a chicken with her head cut off to find all my records! I completely lost track of time.

So, today is October 28th. I had my surgery July 22nd, which makes me almost exactly 14 weeks out!

Stats:

HW:180

SW:173

CW:136!!

GW:125-130?

On September 28th I have my weight recorded at 142.6 and today I've got 136.0, which puts my month 3 loss at 6.6 pounds! Again, I have to say I'm thrilled with this number. If I lost 6.6 pounds next month, that would mean I made goal at week 18 post op!!! I don't foresee that though. I'm very close to goal and am now starting to lift heavy weights to create more muscle. I will be very happy with a 3 pound loss next month. Right now, I'm paying more attention to measurements and body fat. I started at (I'm pretty sure) 41% body fat, and am now down to 21%!!!!! The ultimate goal is under 20%.

hair Loss: None

Loose Skin: None

Scarring: 2 "big" scars next to belly button are visible but still shrinking.

Boobs: Gone lol

Energy Level: Through the Roof!

Calories: 700-800

Vitamins: Flintstones Complete 2x a day; Calcium/Vit D 2x a day; B12/Folic Acid 1x a day, probiotic 1x p/ day

Protein/Carbs/fats: 90+/ 10 or less/do not count, eat full fat everything

Fluids: 64+ (regular coffee, propel, Vitamin Water zero, Water at the gym...I still hate water).

Stomach Capacity: still about 2 oz of meat. I can eat 18 raw oysters during a 2 hour restaurant meal though .

Normal food in a day:

7:00am coffee mixed w: Premier Protein (before gym)

10:00am Quest Protein Bar

1:00pm 2 Suzie's Thin Cakes with 1/3 cup melted cheese and 70 cals worth of guacamole on top (YUM!)

5:00pm 2 oz of something raw - salmon sashimi, tuna tartare, oysters - or 1 serving of almonds.

8:00pm 1 Suzie's Thin Cake with Smart Balance Butter and 2 tbsp PB2.

If I feel extra hungry (like during cycle), I'll take a Fage yogurt and mix it with PB2, 10 almonds and a little stevia for the world's most creamy, crunchy & delicious Peanut Butter high Protein treat!!

Enjoying my sleeve so much!!! But, like I always say, this process is soooooo not about getting down to goal, it's about STAYING there! So, reaching goal is only step 1 in this process!! I'll attach pics in my next post and will try to do better in getting my November post on the 22nd!! Congrats to everyone on this journey & good luck to all making their decision about moving forward with the sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

post-296589-14776834066729_thumb.jpg post-296589-14776834200573_thumb.jpg

@@bellamia1359 my doc said no to vitamin patches. After the first month, I switched to Flintstones Complete chewables and life was much happier :). When I was fresh out of surgery, I dumped the contents of my Calcium pills into my drinkable yogurt. Didn't even know I was taking them and the yogurt went down great. ;) Take your time moving onto new foods, it takes a while for your tummy's inflammation to go down. I found that Fage yogurt mixed with a little Stevia, melted cheese mixed with some low sugar marinara sauce, and string cheese eaten VERY slowly were the only "solids" I could stand for a while. Good luck and take it easy!

@@bellamia1359 my doc said no to Vitamin Patches. After the first month, I switched to Flintstones Complete chewables and life was much happier :). When I was fresh out of surgery, I dumped the contents of my Calcium pills into my drinkable yogurt. Didn't even know I was taking them and the yogurt went down great. ;) Take your time moving onto new foods, it takes a while for your tummy's inflammation to go down. I found that Fage yogurt mixed with a little Stevia, melted cheese mixed with some low sugar marinara sauce, and string cheese eaten VERY slowly were the only "solids" I could stand for a while. Good luck and take it easy!

I am so thankful that I found this thread! I will be around 185 on surgery date and I am not telling anyone because I know that they will try and talk me out of it. My husband is supportive because he has known my battle for my entire life. I had a girl teach me how to binge and purge when I was in fourth grade and it's been out of control ever since then. Obviously I don't do that anymore but I do battle with my weight and I certainly don't want my daughters to ever have to walk the same path I have walked. I can't wait to follow everyone's progress! I will be going to OCC in Tijuana on January 13 and I can't wait! Thank you so much to everyone who has shared similar stories, it is very refreshing.

Hey all!! Since my last post, I've changed careers, bought a house and completely changed my life!!

Quick check in: I'm now 125 lbs, losing about 4 pounds a month at almost 6 months. I still work out religiously and can almost see abs.

This surgery is the best thing that EVER happened to me! post-296589-14827852046415_thumb.jpg

post-296589-14827852326955_thumb.jpg

post-296589-14827852535755_thumb.jpg post-296589-14827852852179_thumb.jpg

@ LowBMISleever you are such an inspiration. Well done. You look great !

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I haven't checked in here in so long, and I'm so psyched to catch up and to read your update, @@LowBMISleever! You look amazing and so fit. Congrats on all the wonderful stuff -- the physical achievements and the house purchase and all else!

I was 183 on July 28 at my consult; I think my true weight on surgery day, August 11, was probably 180.

I'm at 128 now, three pounds from my original goal of 125!

A week from today I'll be 5 months post op.

I was just re-reading this thread and was sort of smiling reading old posts, like these little goals I set for myself (said I hoped I would be in the 130s by Thanksgiving...and I was!).

Like many others, I've changed my true goal weight. I didn't want to put a goal of my "old" (pre-gain) weight, since, well, I'm older now, and I didn't know how my body would respond. But I have a pretty small frame, and on me, every pound makes a difference -- including getting into clothes! So I'd really like to get to 118-120, which sounds so minor compared to 125 but for me it's actually a difference of a couple clothing sizes!

I posted elsewhere, in response to a question from a pre-sleever, about how grateful I am for this. When I think about where I was in July and August vs where I am now...I could not imagine that by the turn of the year I would have lost 55 lbs, that I would feel like I was back in "my" body, that I would feel control over my body. Everything changed with the sleeve.

Of course the real test is the long-term one, maintenance. And I'd like to work to become more fit and physically strong in the new year, which of course will help with maintenance. But as the losing phase comes close to the end, I can just say that this has been the most amazing, empowering thing in the world!

Hi! I am @ 216 right now with a BMI of 35.. size 12. I'm a newbie focused on going forward for Feb. Just lost 20lbs and have been a yo yo dieter as well my entire life. My family and friend s are not being supportive as they see I'm in weight loss mode... The yo yo hasn't changed yet uhhh.. which is wonderful but we are great at losing weight!!!

Anyway I just wanted to say hello and cheer you on for staying strong and focused.. my goal is 145-160. My height is 5'6.

-Becca NH

Have any of you regretted getting surgery? I'm scheduled Jan 17 for RNY my highest weight was 245 my current weight is 194.

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

I am happy for the most part! Some times I do wonder if I should of tried harder, when I have acid bad, I sometimes feel like I traded in problems for other problems , and then there are days I love it, and thank goodness I made this decision, over all I do like my body a lot more and I did get rid of some health issues , I would if again - the benefits outweigh the cons ,

I am happy for the most part! Some times I do wonder if I should of tried harder, when I have acid bad, I sometimes feel like I traded in problems for other problems , and then there are days I love it, and thank goodness I made this decision, over all I do like my body a lot more and I did get rid of some health issues , I would if again - the benefits outweigh the cons ,

Thank you!

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App