Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@cassandramarie93 I thought of one more thing......tell everyone you know that you've quit! When I first started the quit process I told myself I wasn't going to tell anyone I knew, but then I realized I was doing that because I didn't want anyone to know if I failed......So as soon as I figured that out I told everyone I knew....plus I put a big announcement on Facebook....so everyone helped to hold me accountable.....so my advice is to not keep it quite!!! Good luck!!

I also second that! Tell people. It keeps you in check and it also lets them know why you may be a little testy..

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@cassandramarie93 - ecigs finally got me over the top on this one over four years ago. Geez, I was trying to kill all the damn spiders under my bed for weeks when I tried to do it cold turkey...well not completely true (I think there were snakes there too ;-)) , my biggest problem was I just couldn't think clearly. Patches, nicorette...nothing worked. But the ecigs did. Dang if I know why, but I found a flavor I like that doesn't offend anyone.

Now this is the hard part...does your significant other smoke? (if you have one). Because I will tell you, if a few months of not smoking you will about puke when you kiss someone who smokes. You will smell them coming a mile away. So just warning you about that.

Hi Cassandramarie93, I quit smoking March of 2016 using the easy way to quit smoking by Allen Carr also. Best decision of my life, it was also the same month that I made the decision to start my journey with weight loss surgery. I knew that I would eventually need to quit before surgery so the sooner the better. I am also a nursing student, so quitting at the time of midterms was extremely stressful. The first week is the hardest but it is doable. Once you decide to quit, continue with it and don't give in to light up ever again. "Anything worth having is worth working hard for". I believe you will be successful after reading the book and good luck to you.

Hey guys! Just posting an update I am on day 4 now and I am doing better then I think I thought I ever could have. Day two was an absolute train wreck for me emotionally but all in all I want this surgery to better myself more then I've ever wanted anything in my entire life. It's keeping me motivated. My only complaint is as expected this change has driven a definite wedge between my friend and I but I have to keep on reminding myself that I need to stay focused.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I quit smoking 5 months ago. It was incredibly easy because I used the prescription drug CHANTIX. Within one week of taking the pills I had quit with near to zero cravings! The medication is amazing! The dosage is one in the morning and one at bedtime. However, I would strongly suggest taking only the morning dosage as it makes you have terribly strange nightmares.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

I'm new here but I've been off cigs for 9 years. One of the best tools I had was a straw, cut to the length of a cigarette. I pushed some tissue in one end of it like a filter and I used that thing as if it were a real cigarette for months.

I was a morning smoker so I would take my coffee and my "cigarette" out on the porch in the morning just like I had for years.

I would use it in the car - one of the toughest places for me to give up smoking.

I would use it at work - ya know when something was bugging me. Or when I had just finished something up and needed a little "moment".

Like I said ... I used it a lot! It was cheaper than any other tool available and I could always make a new one when I needed to, I didn't have to go to the store to buy one.

Anyway that's the best thing I can share ... Ymmv.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I had to also quit before surgery. It was hard because of the "NO NICOTINE " so Patches, gum and e-cigs were not going to cut it. Strangely, I used carrots and celery. I munched my way through! I quit in March and just had my surgery this past Monday. It's worth it, and you CAN do it!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App