Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else just starting this journey

I see so many people here who are almost done with their requirements or already had surgery. Is anyone else here just starting? I have my initial consultation and nut visit on Aug 10 and my insurance requires 6 months MSWL. Just wondering if I have any buddies that are just starting with me.

I started in June, but since my insurance requires 9 months of supervised diet, I am right there with you.

@@Frenchie1977 I am just starting as well. I have my first visit with my surgeon and NUT on August 22. Looking forward to actually getting the wheels in motion for this surgery!

My initial visit was also in June. I've seen the behavioral therapist a required by my insurance 6 times, had ultrasounds done of my gallbladder, stomach and esophagus. I've also seen the nutritionist once. She scheduled my second visit for a month later which will be August 10 and told me to lose 10 pounds. My surgeon also said at the seminar after the second nutritionist visit they try to schedule you for surgery. I'm so anxious to get this surgery done

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by mstali2006

I won't have my surgery until December. I'm anxious to get things going too, but am enjoying hearing everyone's stories!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Glad to find some other newbies like me, we can keep tabs on each other as we go through this process

@@Frenchie1977

I just started the program. I have an appt to see my surgeon on August 5th. I wish that day was tomorrow since I am impatient to get the ball rolling. I am not sure how many months I have to have a supervised diet/weigh-ins because my insurance (Tricare Standard) doesn't specify. It just says that I need to show proof of failed medically supervised diets with your PCP. I hope I only have to do 3 months or less. Crossing my fingers lol. Good luck on your journey!

My PCP referred me 2 weeks ago, but I don't meet with the surgeon until Sept. 14. This is something I have been wanting to do for about a year now, but there were no approved surgeons on my last insurance plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

hello everyone, im 3 months into fulfilling the necessary requirements for approval. i need two more visits with nutritionists and the endoscopy procedure before im given a surgery date. im so anxious. im 43 years old and have been struggling with my weight for the last 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

My initial appointment is August 12. I'm so anxious to get started. This is something I have researched extensively and know it is the right option for me. I have severe sleep apnea and can't wait to find out how it feels so sleep.< /p>

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using the BariatricPal App

hello everyone, im 3 months into fulfilling the necessary requirements for approval. i need two more visits with nutritionists and the endoscopy procedure before im given a surgery date. im so anxious. i have been struggling with my weight for the last 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Samsung S6

I started last month. I've had my 5hr seminar last week. My first NUT appt is tomorrow and have my consult with the surgeon on Thursday. Hoping to schedule surgery in October. Good luck everyone

Hi all I'm so glad you spoke up so we can keep tabs on each other throughout this process

I am also just starting. my pcp referred me, I'm still waiting for the phone call to get in for an appointment. I did go to the free seminar last Wednesday though. hopefully I'll hear something this week.

@@smills7382 after my seminar I just called the next morning and scheduled my initial consultation, they said they would call me within a week but I was not waiting anymore, I was persistent but I got my appointment