Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Instant Pot! Good recipes and ideas?

Amazon prime day had a big discount so I took the plunge. I haven't been in a cooking mood so haven't even taken it out of the box, but want to experiment. For those of you that have one - any advice on where to find good recipes etc? Any favorites?

I haven't made any of these, but I love Serious Eats website.

recipes.html" rel="external nofollow">http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/09/pressure-cooker-recipes.html

Edited by sc101071

I've made this twice: http://barerootgirl.com/nourish/2015/9/18/maple-smoked-brisket-instant-pot-or-slow-cooker-recipe

The first time I sliced it. The second time I cooked it for an additional 5 minutes and shredded the meat. I added some BBQ Sauce for my husband and kids, but I had mine plain.

These refried Beans were also very tasty: http://www.allergyfreealaska.com/2016/01/03/instant-pot-refried-beans/

Nomnompaleo.com has some yummy instant pot recipes. I also found these two resources: http://workingathomeschool.com/2016/03/21/2929

http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2016/01/instant-pot-recipes.html

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Mary Jane isn't legal in California either, except with a medical card.

Never heard of "instant" pot, but Google implies that it's a pressure cooker? They scare me. Just dropping in to say "Howdy." A new topic yesterday brought you to mind and I realized you've been scarce.

Yes, it is a pressure cooker. There are a lot of safety features in this one. It doesn't scare me like the old stovetop ones.

@@daniotra, the last I knew was 30 years ago, so it's good to know of the safety developments. Since I never used one and only once in my life had a dinner cooked in one, my interest is nil. I'm just glad, having heard of unspeakable damage done by them way back, that I no longer have to worry about those who use them. Sincere thanks for bringing me up to date.

Instant pot ?

Yes please.....on the day of my retirement............

I am in WA state, not pot shortages here....but I was talking about the new fangled pressure cooker. I used to cook with one ages ago....I think results are tastier than crock pot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

Why are they illegal in some states? I've never heard of them described as instant pots - just pressure cookers.

Why are they illegal in some states? I've never heard of them described as instant pots - just pressure cookers.

It was a joke (pot = marijuana).

The instant pot mentioned is a name brand of countertop electric pressure cooker.