Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone regret their surgery?

We all had the same team but different surgeons. We are in Yorkshire, England. Why would I have an attorney?

I have read of complications here on these forums. Perhaps the ratio of people having WLS in the States compared to the population makes the incidence sound smaller.

I also think that people on forums don't want to sound negative so skim over complications etc.

We signed for a surgical complication rate of 1%.

But that is the issue. The statistics are split between actual surgical, post op, ward care, etc.

We feel that this program should be halted until we all are treated and are well and the reasons for all the abscesses etc are dealt with. But obviously, we are still under these surgeons care for the next two years so can't really complain.

I am lying here now with agonising spasms, cramps and diarrhea which I have had since Saturday.

No one from that team is interested so it will be up to my GP to investigate then send me to a gastro consultant. All which will take weeks.

As they didn't alter my bowels in surgery and the dietician doesn't think it sounds like a gallbladder issue, I am just left out here with no help.

This worries me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The attorney suggestion is for malpractice. While there is a complication rate and you signed papers it doesn't exempt them from doing things wrong. And with all for you having such serious issues from the same surgical team means that maybe they're doing things too rushed. You may have a case which then get help financially make up for some of the time off of work.

Totally regret it! My three friends also regret it. But we can't change it now.

No, you're right. You can not change it now.

SO--

What's the plan for the "Fantastic Four"?

Together you have a wonderful opportunity to join together and adapt your lives to your sleeves.

Let your sleeves work for you. Learn to listen to it---respect it and your sleeve will guide you to a healthier life.

I fought mine for 4years. Finally, I have "made up" with my sleeve and we have become a team worth reckoning with. :)

You can't change "it", so you have to change "yourself".

Once you do that, you will not only healthier, but also more content within your own body.

That's a win/win anyway you look at it.

Take care of yourself. Be kind.

"Fantastic Four"----I like that! :)

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

I would never go down that avenue. Yes, I think that they should stop the program and spend all their time healing us until we are well. I think that we should be their priority but the NHS doesn't work that way.

I am really suffering. And they don't seem to know what to do now.

I would like to be referred to a gastroenterologist asap but it seems I just have to go through the system.

Not ever, not one day, do I regret. I am 5 years out and I struggle. So be mindful that you don't go back down that road of bad food choices. However, I remind myself of why I did this and I keep going. I'm very happy with my sleeve.

J

SW-321

CW-210

WL-111

Goal Weight--180

I would never go down that avenue. Yes, I think that they should stop the program and spend all their time healing us until we are well. I think that we should be their priority but the NHS doesn't work that way.

I would like to be referred to a gastroenterologist asap but it seems I just have to go through the system.

In America, legal action would get you what you want. Don't know about NHS in England. I tend to expect the worse from the government...

Not a sleeve but I wanted one but my reflux kept it from being an option. I regretted by surgery early on but after almost a year I have no regrets at all.

@@GinaCampbell - thank you for sharing you and your friends experiences with WLS. When I was contemplating getting the surgery, I did as much research as I could to understand what the worst things that might happen would be so I could figure out if mentally I could handle them. It was a challenge to find very many people that regretted getting the surgery. So I feel you have done a great service to this group by sharing your experience. I was very fortunate in that my surgery went fine with no complications but I am still getting my energy back at 11 months post-op. I will keep you and your friends in my prayers.

Totally regret it! My three friends also regret it. But we can't change it now.

Why do you regret it? My surgery is a week away and I'm worried about regret

I've made quite a few long posts about why. It will be easier if you just go read those posts.

In America, legal action would get you what you want. Don't know about NHS in England. I tend to expect the worse from the government...

Legal action can't give me what I want. And I am not a litigious person.

My only regret is that I wished I done it years ago. 8 months out and 92 pounds down! At first, remorse did start to kick in but I no longer have any regrets about my journey :)

Now that I have Clostridium Difficile, and may have infected my family, I am re thinking my stance regarding legal action. If this drags on for months or if I wind up with even more serious problems such as bowel surgery, I may have no choice but to look into this.

Now that I have Clostridium Difficile, and may have infected my family, I am re thinking my stance regarding legal action. If this drags on for months or if I wind up with even more serious problems such as bowel surgery, I may have no choice but to look into this.

Omg I had c diff for 3 weeks. Finally tested negative today!!

So pleased to hear that it can be cured! Thank you for sharing!

I had CDiff after my brain surgery. Despite that complication, I don't regret my brain surgery a bit. ;)

I should imagine a brain surgery was not an elective one.

Sucks a bit when you started all this simply because conventional weightloss methods were either too hard or not producing results fast enough.