Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone regret their surgery?

Is there anyone here who has had sleeve surgery who regrets it? If so, why?

No one can undo a sleeve so, YES, even now being 5yrs out, I have moments of regret..

BUT

I consider those moments, moments of weakness when I have to remind myself--

I can wallow in a wrong decision

OR

I can make a wrong decision right.

That's when I give myself a virtual slap along side my head and get back to the business of becoming healthy and happy again.

No regrets. I have lost over 100 pounds and no longer need any of my diabetes meds.

Ok - maybe one regret. I wish I could eat some Brooklyn pizza with fresh mozzarella. :)

No regrets. I have lost over 100 pounds and no longer need any of my diabetes meds.

Ok - maybe one regret. I wish I could eat some Brooklyn pizza with fresh mozzarella. :)

Why can't you eat a small slice of pizza? I don't plan on indulging daily or even weekly but especially 100 pounds down the line I will plan for small indulgences and adjust my calories accordingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

A small slice is an over statement... Maybe 1 or 2 bites of pizza.... But then again why go back down that path?

Not a sleeve girl but I originally wanted one. I ended up with bypass because I had severe gerd and it was a better option for me personally.

No regret ever, not for one second. I have a whole new life where food does not revolve around it. Don't get me wrong, I love food. I choose to really savor every morsel and I don't eat crap anymore because it actually tastes gross.

pizza, oh yes. I do eat a lovely thin crust piece of pizza about once a month and I love that I can and I love that I am satisfied with that one piece.

No regrets other than regretting I did not do it sooner. Live is full again!

To be honest, I did have regrets the first few months. I was pretty sick (turned out to be a stricture) and while I felt better after they fixed that, I was fairly nauseated for 6 months. (Zofran was my friend.) The Constipation is still a struggle at almost 14 months post-op. There were times (maybe still are) when I worry what it will be like when I am 80 and still trying to make sure I am getting my Protein first, but when I expressed that to my counselor she said "you likely wouldn't have made it to 80 in your prior state of health". True. Hadn't thought of it that way. Anyway, at 150 pounds down now, I am SO glad I did it and only wish I had done it sooner.

Why can't you eat a small slice of pizza? I don't plan on indulging daily or even weekly but especially 100 pounds down the line I will plan for small indulgences and adjust my calories accordingly.

I could eat a small slice of pizza, but unfortunately they only sell the Brooklyn pies (fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, plum tomatoes) as a whole pie. I guess I could buy the whole thing, eat a slice, and then freeze the rest. Hmmm...

I could eat a small slice of pizza, but unfortunately they only sell the Brooklyn pies (fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, plum tomatoes) as a whole pie. I guess I could buy the whole thing, eat a slice, and then freeze the rest. Hmmm...
Don't do it!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Not for a millisecond do I regret my sleeve! Best thing in the world for me, and it got so many other joyful and healthy things going for me too. I'm two years out now, down 125 lbs, only 20 to go and happier than I can ever remember. Every day!

I have one huge regret...that I didn't do it sooner.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

I wish I'd done it sooner....much sooner. It would have improved every aspect of my life....only sooner.

The sleeve is more than just a survival tool...as I first thought of it. It's a life enrichment tool that I'm so grateful for.

Don't do it!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Good advice. I have had one slice of pizza since my surgery and should probably limit my pizza consumption going forward.

Thanks for asking, I'm having surgery the day after tomorrow. It is very motivating to read everybody's responses.

God bless.