Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VSG with a single incision. Does anyone have experience with mexico dr's?

I'm having VSG done by Dr Garcia at Tijuana Bariatrics. I've heard some great reviews and I'm happy with how they've dealt with everything so far. I'm having the normal sleeve done but I have seen the single incision VSG on their pricing list.

Edited by lynnedilligaf

Dr. alejandro lopez with Alo Bariatrics does single incision sleeve but it's about $1500 more. Had one gal when I went that had it done.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the BariatricPal App

Never heard of such a thing. How would the surgeon get the stomach out through the belly button? That would amazing.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using the BariatricPal App

Have you seen this video of Dr. Illan doing a VGS? It's posted elsewhere on this site, but I'll add it again here. He pulls the stomach out at 34:50 (I think the incision is just above the belly button), and you can see the whole stomach inflated right at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/WQk-flD-NjI

I had mine done 6/3 by dr. verboonen. He does not advertise because he has to see your belly size first. I have a very flat stomach and he went in through my belly button for the entire procedure. I was charged an extra 1K for the SI. I have an itty bitty scar on my left side from where the drain was. Very little pain. Great success.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Add: I had mine done in Tijuana by dr. verboonen.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Don't worry so much about the incisions. They fade away to where you can't even see them. Check here at Bariatric Pal to see if they have a surgeon who performs this.

I also had my surgery with Dr. Jalil Illan. Their team was great, and my recovery has been phenomenal. I only had 4 incisions and they're very small. I'm 6 weeks post-op and they've already started fading. I know in a year they'll barely be noticeable. Then again, I also know at the end I'm going to need a Tummy Tuck and most patients I've seen with them, their scars were cut away with that excess skin. I don't know, mine just fades into my stretch marks, and I dealt with the permanence of those long ago. They're very superficial and very tiny.

@@j1104c - Did you find what you were looking for? I had the single incision back in 2014. I LOVED IT!! No scars except for a tiny scar where my drain was.

My story is in my signature.

Don't worry so much about the incisions. They fade away to where you can't even see them. Check here at Bariatric Pal to see if they have a surgeon who performs this.

Dr. Illan in Tijuana has pricing for single incision sleeve. I'm having the traditional surgery October 11th with him thru bariatric pal

google it, its amazing. they use a tool called spider. it opens up once place through belly button. one part holds liver and the other the other organs etc and the part in the middle i think is the part that cuts and has the camera. this method has been used for removal of gall bladder and other surgeries but they are now using it for vgs. its something i would really like to have done but i have bmi of 40 and dont know if i would qualify and if there are doctors in Mexico that are doing this.

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

I am in the process of booking with Dr Garcia. I have no interest in SI but see that he offers it

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

The only Dr I know of who performs that surgery is Dr Todd McCarty in Dallas. And it's actually 2 small incisions, one is in your belly button the other under your ribs I think on the right side, and then they take an endoscope down your esophagus. Their cash price was 11k that they quoted me. I don't know if that was having my insurance pay for hernia repair or something. You might ask for yourself. I will be having it done with insurance in January.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Did you have the surgery with Dr mccarty?

I see a lot of the responses are from last year. Anyone recently have gotten this single Incision surgery with Dr Illian or any other doctor in TJ?

Thank you