Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my Preop appointment yesterday so im starting a 1400 calorie diet....has anyone else had to do this one....hopefully I will get through this

Sent from my LGMS330 using the BariatricPal App

My nut put me on a 1,500 calorie diet. It's not really working for me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My PCP has me at 1500.

If I want to eat more, I'll work out more. If it's that important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You can do it and you will make it. I suggest making healthy choices. I would limit carb intake as much as possible and try to eat healthy fats and get in the habit of eating Protein. Good luck!!

yes, I was on a 1200 cal diet in the months before surgery - lost 30 lbs. Eat Protein first - practice the 60 grams per day - then eat veggies - then only complex / healthy carbs - the weight should come off and it will be good practice for after the surgery. I was also able to exercise about 90 min a day before surgery - and that helped tremendously - both before surgery and after - The great thing about your weight loss before surgery is that you are being given a tool with the surgery and won't gain the weight back :)

My friend who is going through this process with a different surgeon had to that. However, my surgeon's program did not require this until 2 weeks before surgery.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using the BariatricPal App

You will get through it... We had to loose 10% of our weight before the insurance company would authorize payment. It was a sign of good faith and intention. Surgery is a tool not a cure all like I it went in thinking (like Lipo or something like that) lol. I learned processed foods have no business in my house, let along in my body or kids. Also, I am a pretty awesome cook. Something I forgot after having a bunch of babies and letting my husband start cooking lol. Now I didn't give up food just food with no real purpose. You need to get ready to take in at least 60g+ of Protein a day in a tiny tummy. I did have random cheat days but knew what the goal was. Oh and cheat day i mean BBQ =extra Proteins lol. An example of my dinner before would be baked chicken breast Cup of broccoli with a bit of Italian dressing in it (kids live it) and only a couple spoonfuls of Rice o Roni (carb are bad). I gave up soda pop a while ago and I'm glad I did. I can only imagine what pain I'd be in if I drank it today. Breakfast heck I ate bacon and eggs (egg whites are less calories) and bacon but only 2-3strips not half the lbs like before. Yogurt and Greek yogurt were good for snack for lunch I had a bunch of light Progresso Soups and salad or sandwiches. Keep in mind some of the store bought salads can have as many calories as Burger so watch the calorie content. You're better off making it yourself and can probably do it better and dress it up by throwing your own grilled chicken or steak from the night before....I'd Google some 1400cal diet recipes and go from there. You got this :)

Edited by Destinee_1

@@Jessica Smith_270718 My diet is 750-950 calories. I have lost 7.5 pounds in 3 days. Be blessed to get so much!!