Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, anyone have an odd or surprising milestone they hit AFTER they became "a vet"?

Mine is this: I went to the doc yesterday (for an eye infection), and I did not feel my gut clench when the nurse led me to the scale, I weighed in and did not make a comment about 'just having eaten/drank' to account for the weight, AND then realized that for the first time in my entire adult life, I did not consciously make sure to remember to pee before I went in to weigh! Yay!!!

The number just is not so important now, and I felt the most lovely realization that I'm finally taking it for granted that my weight/number does not define me.

Call me a Happy Camper. :rolleyes:

Now, what yours?

weight/number does not define me

@@katesuccess aka "happy camper" LOL

good/correct "ah ha" moment!!!

my latest milestone is not as profound as yours, just another clothing NSV

(but i'm still happy with it)

went shopping for afternoon pool party special occasion

i bought a nice/cute sundress!!

i've been at goal these past 3 years

just never thought i could/would wear a sundress - not sure why

looks great

after all, i am still "cute as a button" :lol:

kathy

Didn't lie about my weight when I renewed my driver's license for the first time EVER.

I love that! I no longer even worry about taking off my shoes, my watch, my earrings...HELL. Anything and everything I could get away with. :D

I can now put on a pair of heels without carrying a spare pair of flats! And I can wear them for several days in a row without wanting to die. It's so weird.

I no longer move far to the wall in hallways to let people pass. :)

When someone says "You look great" I say "thank you". Before becoming a Vet I would have given a list of at least 10 reasons why they were wrong. ;)

So, anyone have an odd or surprising milestone they hit AFTER they became "a vet"?

Mine is this: I went to the doc yesterday (for an eye infection), and I did not feel my gut clench when the nurse led me to the scale, I weighed in and did not make a comment about 'just having eaten/drank' to account for the weight, AND then realized that for the first time in my entire adult life, I did not consciously make sure to remember to pee before I went in to weigh! Yay!!!

The number just is not so important now, and I felt the most lovely realization that I'm finally taking it for granted that my weight/number does not define me.

Call me a Happy Camper. :rolleyes:

Now, what yours?

I realized mine when I went to my grandson's graduation from kindergarten. I haven't quiet come to grips with my feelings about it though.

Here it is:

I looked around the auditorium and suddenly -out of nowhere realized that I was no longer the fattest woman in the room.

I'm a bit ashamed of the thought.

I'm a bit amazed of the observation.

--and I'm more than a wee bit proud of myself.

Confused? So am I.

These are great! YES to going sleeveless, accepting compliments, wearing heels pain-free, feeling less conspicuous because of size, and not feeling like an obstacle in the path -- and that driver's license stat honesty! I need to renew mine too - just seeing the old picture on it makes me startle now. :blink:

When someone says "You look great" I say "thank you". Before becoming a Vet I would have given a list of at least 10 reasons why they were wrong. ;)

This is my favorite answer. Fo'shizzle.

Didn't lie about my weight when I renewed my driver's license for the first time EVER.

This one hits home.

I was pulled over for a routine traffic check a few weeks ago and the officer kept insisting that the photo on my license was not me. (It was about 8 years old) Fortunately I had my two year old grandson with me who validated my existence. ;)

I went the next day and renewed my photo. :)

Here's another one.

When I was a fatty, I always had "dirty knees" in the summer. Because I wanted to look my best (aka less like a manatee and more like a dolphin) on the beach or at the pool, I would pose my body "just so" -- chest out, tummy sucked in, knees bent at exactly the right angle...

When you tan with your knees bent, they look darker when your legs are straight because more skin is exposed. (You beachy girls totally follow me, right??)

Now when I am at the beach or the river, I don't care what people think of my much smaller body. I lay spread out, legs flat, comfy instead of all tensed up.

My knees look so much less dirty. HA!

These are great! YES to going sleeveless, accepting compliments, wearing heels pain-free, feeling less conspicuous because of size, and not feeling like an obstacle in the path -- and that driver's license stat honesty! I need to renew mine too - just seeing the old picture on it makes me startle now. :blink:

Yes! Getting a new license was a big milestone for me!post-194772-14690592179562_thumb.jpg

That's beautiful, @jess9395!

Okay, you inspire me to go and get it done soon now. Thanks. ^_^