Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I tried to stay awake and not faint but I couldn't and as I was alone and the way home is around 5 hours I went to buy the least sugar content juice which was orange juice and drank little. It was very sweet but at least I stopped feeling dizzy and was able to walk and carry my bag.

Now IM HOME SWEET HOME!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ back to the UK! I swear ever since I stepped into the Uk I've been smiling! Feeling good now!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I texted my patient coordinator that I had orange juice cz the cardiology doctor said I couldn't! I told him well she should have known better! I mean, I'm 6 days post op and been living only on water! I'm allowed to have sugar free jelly, broth, Popsicles and such but I didn't know where I can find them in Poland and of course the clinic didn't care about my request. They just wanted me to live on Water.

UK Cathy

I'm really amazed how I've been quiet about my op. I mean it was hard and I'm kind of person who has to talk and let it out. I figured I'd share with my best cousin who already went through the same thing but I still didn't. As for the rest, I'm just telling them I'm dieting hard. I feel more comfortable this way especially at this time.

As for stitches, they told me that they are absorbable and they'll dissolve in time. I just need to clean them and change.

GP isn't replying yet so hopefully I'll get an appt tomorrow or Monday.

I begged my surgeon for dissolvable stitches and he said No, as they are more prone to infection.

Glad you're back in the fold Lulu. x

Update:

As I'm living in campus and surrounded my many of my friends. Two of them saw me (thought that I travelled for vacation) and were shocked, "wow! You lost weight! What did you do?"

I told them just dieting and I went walking a lot. I just hope no one notices that I've had surgery!

What did you tell others when they asked about your weight loss?

I'm still having dreams about eating food. So much pizza, bread, burgers and everything. It's irritating. Hopefully my mind will stop this.

Handled my injection well and did it but I still didn't change the dressing? (Is that what it's called?)

And really thank you everyone for all the comments and your encouraging words! : )

Well done on doing your own injection, I just couldn't do it and was grateful to my GP for arranging to have it done for me.

The food dreams will subside. This is a whole new way of life and whilst the op has physically altered you, it hasn't altered your mindset. you have to do that yourself. It does get easier, especially as you see the weight coming off. I find the more I lose, the less I'm tempted by the cream cake or the tub of ice cream as I don't want to stop losing. Having said that, it doesn't mean you can never have a treat again, I'm learning about moderation; I will now weigh out 50g of frozen yoghurt and enjoy that just as much as I used to enjoy a whole tub of full fat ice cream.

It's early days Lulu, there's a long road ahead, take one step at a time, you'll get there and when you eventually slip into those size 12 jeans, you'll realise just how worth it it has all been.

Edited by RosieCheeks

Ahhhh Rosie! I can't wait! I'm already losing a few kilos and it feels great : )

Will go to tesco and buy jelly and creamed Soup and almond milk.

And I'll probably see my GP on Tuesday.

I'll also change the dressing either today or tomorrow.

How do you shower without wetting your incisions? I know it's ok if the dressing gets wet and then I'll only have to dry it and change it but I'm being overly cautious!

You can buy waterproof sticking plaster if you're so inclined. I just got in the shower and changed my dressing to a clean dry one afterwards. I've never heard of anyone dying from a wet dressing :P

Wait. You still have your incisions? I thought they disappear in two months and this whole changing-dressing process would be over!

On another note, I'm supposed to have my period on 17 or 18 but I think I just got it....

Hey, welcome home Lulu, glad to hear you're doing well.

I had my dressings removed after a week - Rosie do you still have yours? Are your wounds not healing? Hope you're ok.

Jo x

No, I don't still have them, they healed fine in about 10 days. I mean't when I did have them I just got in the shower, I didn't go out of my way to protect them from anything.

No idea about periods Lulu, mine a distant memory thankfully.

Periods were not a problem for me either but if you search the site you will find that some peoples periods become irregular for a few months post op.

Wait. You still have your incisions? I thought they disappear in two months and this whole changing-dressing process would be over!

On another note, I'm supposed to have my period on 17 or 18 but I think I just got it....

Congrats Lulu_lulu! It's common for your period to be messed up after surgery. It's because of the hormones being released as you lose weight. A shower should not be an issue with incisions - you just shouldn't submerge in a bath or pool.

In terms of having your period, be prepare for it to be weird for a good long while. The shock of the surgery can bring it on early, but the estrogen that gets released from the fat stores as you lose weight can keep messing with it. I'm at 6 months out now and have been averaging a period every 18 days!