Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2-week Pre-Op Liquid Diet

I am a 5-days in on the liquid diet, so far so good. The only thing that is really hitting me hard is the lack of energy and the same liquids day in and day out. I have two different shake varieties, low fat/low sodium broth, sugar free Jello in different flavors, and lots of Water. The other thing is the food commercials, which never bothered me until now. Not that I am hungry, just looks tasty and makes me think of food for a brief moment. Oh yeah, and the day my boss had pizza he ordered right in front of me in the office space we share. That was rough, but I made it through. My surgery is scheduled for Thursday 7/28. I am excited, and nervous which is to be expected. Anyone else battling same issues?

Maria

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Started my pre-op diet today. Failed somewhat miserably. Lol. Im really just like a fish outta Water here. My old surgeon had a whole plan where 2 weeks before you do two shakes a day then like a real food Protein dinner...only lean meat and veggies. My new surgeon has no plan of the sort he just said it'd be nice if I lost a few pounds before surgery. Im trying to follow my old surgeons plan cuz its more structured. Today I was ok with the one shake in the morning. Im still waiting on my other shakes so I had a Protein Bar and fruit for lunch. dinner got a lily crazy because a lot was happening, I had chicken that I'd stuffed with spinach and feta but then I messed up by having noodles with it.

Right now I feel like a failure, but I've also discovered that Im going to just stick to the shakes and broth packets fruit and yogurt cuz eating real food is just going to complicate things for me.

Keeping it simple has been best for me as well. broth, Protein, herbal tea, crystal light. Life is good enough.

How is going Mina Dina? It can be difficult at times. I too on the liquid pre-op diet have had struggles. Not so much hunger, but wanting something other than liquids. The TV commercials of food have been killing me. I try to understand that the food that is unhealthy is what got me into this predicament. Still a work in progress, counseling has been helping to understand why I had become a food addict and how to fix my issues and not use food as a feel better fix. Very hard and long process, but happy that I am at least taking the proper steps.

Maria

How is going Mina Dina? It can be difficult at times. I too on the liquid pre-op diet have had struggles. Not so much hunger, but wanting something other than liquids. The TV commercials of food have been killing me. I try to understand that the food that is unhealthy is what got me into this predicament. Still a work in progress, counseling has been helping to understand why I had become a food addict and how to fix my issues and not use food as a feel better fix. Very hard and long process, but happy that I am at least taking the proper steps.

Maria

Hey F2F!

Its going.... Lol! So far I feel like I've done ok. I hit a slight hiccup putting bananas in my smoothie last week. I know they aren't bad carbs, but Im trying to keep my carb count real low. I find myself not wanting to eat at all, because I can't have what I really want. Lol! Its ok though I just keep on pushing.

I know what you mean commercials, billboards, newspaper ads, your job, food is everywhere. I have a fit coworker that wud email me daily specials from a BBQ place he frequents and before I would just laugh about them, now its torture because I could actually go for the stuff if it meant no more chicken or fish. Lol! We have a café in my building. My coworkers come back up with all sorts of smell good no no's like French fries . Its so killer. Im hoping the smell after surgery will be gross to me and I won't crave them.

It's never too late, until its too late

Consider yourselves lucky! I am in the 3rd week of liquid diet out of 5 total, pre- & post-op. I am able to have Soup & nonfat Greek yogurt in addition to shakes & clears, which is a blessing. I will say I am really looking forward to Aug. 8th when I advance to pureed foods. Will make spinach, yogurt, banana green smoothies. :)