Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now I'm pissed. Seriously pissed...

People are killing police officers. Police officers are scared and some are trigger fast. Terrorists are gunning down people in nightclubs and running families down with trucks. College campuses are under attack, high schools are using metal detectors.

Innocent people are losing their lives around the world because of senseless hate.

Yet here we are, on this forum, worried about who is eating crap, drinking and smoking four days post op? People are fighting about straws, about carbonation, about f'ing popcorn? People are pointing fingers, cyber stalking, name calling, accusing, getting defensive, cursing at, reporting, conspiring against... All because they don't "like" someone they never met?

I'm not crying innocent, I'm certainly no angel, but I am tired. In light of all that is happening in this world, is a post that can easily be skipped, or a poster who can be ignored, really worth all this nonsense?

Personally, I'm done. Have at it, folks. Do what you want to do. Live your life, eat what you want, ask for advice and love it or hate it, take it or leave it. It's your choice.

While you're doing all that? Hug your kids, call your mother, text your best friend, smile at a stranger, give a homeless guy a gift card for a meal, take Cookies to a neighbor, pay the toll of the lady behind you...

Tell your loved ones how much you care about them and take a minute to care about a stranger, too.

Spread a little love. Please.

My nephew recently returned from deployment (Airforce Reserves) and it's very sad and scary that he's in more danger everyday he goes to work as a police officer! This has to stop! ????????

Every day it's a new attack. The world is filled with rage. And yet there are so many good people. I know many of them. Love must conquer hate.

JustWatchMe

@@LipstickLady Thank you so much for putting things into perspective. I know that I lose my patience all too often when something or someone really gets on my last nerve...but your words are so profound and so very wise. Very well said.

Thank you, @@LipstickLady . I understand how you feel.

Hubby is a retired police officer. One of his favorite assignments was as a member of his department's first "salt and pepper" team -- a white officer and a black officer who together patrolled a tough neighborhood foot beat. They set the pattern for his department's long-time community policing program. Nearly 50 years later, they are still best friends.

Good policing has been going on a long time.

Bad policing has been going on a long time.

Yes, @@JustWatchMe ... love MUST conquer hate.

I believe it will.

My nephew recently returned from deployment (Airforce Reserves) and it's very sad and scary that he's in more danger everyday he goes to work as a police officer! This has to stop!

I can't imagine. I would tape my body to my child who was serving as a police officer right now. No kidding.

my grandfather was a police officer when they walked the beats here in Jacksonville Florida. Peace Officers was what they were called and this was the early 1920s. There was no need to lock your doors, people respected each other and the police department.

@@LipstickLady Thank you so much for putting things into perspective. I know that I lose my patience all too often when something or someone really gets on my last nerve...but your words are so profound and so very wise. Very well said.

I don't know about profound or wise, but thank you.

I am seriously angry at myself for allowing certain people on an internet forum to take up even a moment of space in my head in a negative manner. I'm going to work on that.

With two children, one of whom is about to go off to college and leave the relative safety of my nest, I need to push out the bad and embrace the good. I NEED TO.

Thank you, @@LipstickLady . I understand how you feel.

Hubby is a retired police officer. One of his favorite assignments was as a member of his department's first "salt and pepper" team -- a white officer and a black officer who together patrolled a tough neighborhood foot beat. They set the pattern for his department's long-time community policing program. Nearly 50 years later, they are still best friends.

Good policing has been going on a long time.

Bad policing has been going on a long time.

Yes, @@JustWatchMe ... love MUST conquer hate.

I believe it will.

I agree. I do think we are in a really bad part of a somewhat regular cycle in history and we will come out of it in time. But how much time? How many more lives? Is social media fueling the hate? How do we turn it around?

It's scary. Really scary.

Kiss your husband for me and thank him for his time on the force. XXOO

my grandfather was a police officer when they walked the beats here in Jacksonville Florida. Peace Officers was what they were called and this was the early 1920s. There was no need to lock your doors, people respected each other and the police department.

It seems as if respect is at an all time low and entitlement is at an all time high. Throw in a handful of religious fanatics, political terrorists and we have a recipe for disaster. Scary times.

Excellent points made in this thread.

We are living in some very disturbing times.

I am pissed ,too. Seriously, what happened? What happened to people? The people in the middle east? Here in US? The corruption in the government? TMI on social media? So on and so on.......like someone said Love will conquer hate. It has to start now. Those of you who have young children, turn off the tv and they will play on their own, books and fun activities. These innocent kids do not need to know what is happening out there! Lots of prayers !! Have a good day ????

Thank you for reminding us what is really important! These are anxious and strange times. So many good points in your post!