Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know how long but I am just beginning my journey there also!!!

I was in 2 nights. You can't drink 1st night, on swab to keep mouth wet. Then they have you walk as much as possible and start sipping 1oz or 2 at a time next day. Dr comes to check on you and got released 2 days after surgery. They basically just want to make sure you are tolerating liquids and that your bladder is emptied from catheter. I had Dr. Brethauer he was great. If you want some local support, be happy to be buddies.

I want to know too. I'm scheduled the 25th

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have Dr Brethauer too!! Finally got my surgery date on Thursday so I go September 13TH! ! Took about a year total from start to surgery date. Dr Gorty very thorough with tests so it took him a little longer. I'm getting nervous now!

Sent from my SM-G730V using the BariatricPal App

Good luck to you all. I was 3/28. Started my journey in August last year, had to have a hysterectomy 1st due to some masses I had, so it's been a crazy journey for me but worth every minute. Preop and post I'm down 112 lbs and have never been happier, still have more to lose but enjoying my journey. Here for all of you, even willing to meet in person to become support buddies, it helps when you have friends who understand what you are going through. !!!!!

@@krazykat yes Westlake. I'll PM you after I charge my phone ????

I am also in NE Ohio but not with Cleveland Clinic. I am about half-way through the insurance required appointments with physician, dietician and psychologist. I am not really sure what to expect. I was told 3 appointments over approximately 4 months. My third appointment will be 9/21 and I will receive the results of my psychological testing and presumably be done with the appointments? I was told at the original consultation that the goal would be to have the surgery before the end of the year, but I now have my doubts after reading so many posts about waiting for insurance approval.

I have heard to expect a 2 night hospital stay though.

Edited by HuneComz

I'm also on cleveland's Westside and looking for locals to help each other thru the process tho I'm going to Lake Health. I assume the hospital stay there will be similar...

Sent from my SM-S902L using the BariatricPal App

I'm almost 5 months post op but willing to be a local support buddy. PMme if you have any personal questions, glad to help

@@HuneComz you have to meet with the med doctor, surgeon, psych and finish your nutrition. The med doc orders all of your tests including sleep study

Edited by KiaC

Thanks @KiaC. I have actually had two appointments so far with the internist (whom I am assuming is the med doctor), I met the surgeon once so far at the initial consultation, had 2 appointments with the dietician and 1 appointment with the psych. I have taken the psych test, EKG, all my blood work and did the sleep study. Like @@dragonjen78 I am also going to Lake Health.