Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Hi Fellow August's!

I had surgery 8/9/07 and so far have lost 75 pounds! I feel great! I had a slow spot for about 6 months last year mostly because of poor food choices (ice cream and chocolate WAY too much). The last fill I got was in September 08. Since then I have lost 25 pounds with little to no effort which is great.

I am going to see the Doc on Tuesday for a routine follow up and am going to ask to get some fill removed. I really want to start working out and getting toned. I have had a ridiculously hard time eating the things I should be (meat, fruit, veggies) due to being pretty tight. Last fill I got was 0.5 cc's. I've had a Vitamin test done in Feb and all looks good, I just can't deal with being sooo tight anymore. (I don't think my esophagus can take much more either.) I am going to start with getting 0.2cc's taken out and see how it goes. Then I hopefully can up my good food intake and get my booty back in the gym.

Wish me luck!! :thumbup:

Doc took out .25 cc's. We'll see how it goes! I am excited to get back into the gym and start eating better!!

I am right there with you. I am going in this morning to get .2 removed. I am losing like crazy again, but I can barely tolerate meat anymore and I do not want to push it to the point that I have to get a complete unfill again. Good luck with your relief, lets hope it helps both of us. :smile:

I was banded August 13th lost 93 poounds then it slipped. I was rebanded Oct. 7th and I kept off 64 pounds and now I am looking for to losing 40/60 pounds more.

weight.png

Hello everyone, I havent posted in almost 2 years now, and never posted much anyhow. Just thought I would share with you all my story... lost 30kg (66lbs??) the first 18 months, then stopped getting filled, was pretty sick of not being able to eat or drink normally and had stalled on loosing anyways... gained back 6 kg (14lbs??) and decided it was time to get a fill again, so in December I did. My doctor was actually quite happy with me, he thought I would have gained alot more than that, anyhow, got my fill and could not swallow lol went back 3 days later and got some taken out... have now lost the 6kg and am glad im back on the loosing track. But have to be so so honest, ever since I have had the surgery all the bad stuff stays down and all the good stuff comes back up, sad!!! Also, I play tricks on the band if I want to really eat a meal, I will eat Ice Cream or chocolate to get the band to "open" then I can eat a decent meal, not sure why it works, but it does. I do that about 3 times a week so I can make sure i get some sort of vitimans to stay down...??? I know its not the right way to do it, but after having the band in for so long now, everything else I tried never works. Oh well, thats my update... Glad everyone has done so well :thumbup:

Going in today for a fill--it's been at least two years since my last one. I've slowly gone from a 24 BMI back up to a 25, so I want to get on top of this. I've gained about 8lbs from my all-time low.

We took a trip this last weekend and we walked at least twenty-five miles over three days. Never got tired, never felt sore (well, my feet hurt :smile:)

Still healthy, still happy, still the best thing I ever did.

Hi, everyone....just wanted to check in.

Guess I need someone to talk me down out of the tree tops. :thumbup:

I hit my all time low (101 lbs lost) about 10 months out. Then I got stupid and drank too much Diet Coke for too long (over the summer as my daughter's wedding came and went!) and ended up with esophogitis.

Instead of going immediately, I was afraid I'd had a slippage because the pain was so intense and I didn't want to hear bad news (DUMB, I know!) so I went several weeks where the only thing I could eat and not be in pain was ice cream. (I learned later, that it was a bad idea because the high fat content actually makes ice cream hard to digest.)

I had to be unfilled for several months. Filled again. Same problem happened with even LESS soda this time. Unfilled again. Then filled again. Through all of this I put back on about 25 lbs.

My body is fighting SO hard to stay at this particular number. It simply WON'T budge!! After over a year of dieting like crazy, I had another fill put in, but the reflux problems are REALLY bad.

I take an OTC, so the acid is controlled pretty well. But if I even attempt to get horizontal -- something is coming up. Of course I know better than to lay down after eating. But even if I go to bed 4 or 5 hours after eating, just my saliva and gastric juices will blow up into my mouth -- sorry if that's gross, I know it is to wake up to.

Oh, and I'm sleeping on so many pillows, I'm practically sitting up!!! I LONG to be able to lay flat once again! :)

About three months of this and I've finally manage to see the scales move -- about 6 lbs. I know I should get an unfill but I don't want to gain any more and don't know how to get the scales to move. (Okay, I DO know -- I NEED to spend more time at the gym, but just have a really hard time working it into my schedule!!)

At this point, I don't know what to do.

Anyhow, thanks for listening.

Hi, everyone....just wanted to check in.

Guess I need someone to talk me down out of the tree tops. :redface:

I hit my all time low (101 lbs lost) about 10 months out. Then I got stupid and drank too much Diet Coke for too long (over the summer as my daughter's wedding came and went!) and ended up with esophogitis.

Instead of going immediately, I was afraid I'd had a slippage because the pain was so intense and I didn't want to hear bad news (DUMB, I know!) so I went several weeks where the only thing I could eat and not be in pain was ice cream. (I learned later, that it was a bad idea because the high fat content actually makes ice cream hard to digest.)

I had to be unfilled for several months. Filled again. Same problem happened with even LESS soda this time. Unfilled again. Then filled again. Through all of this I put back on about 25 lbs.

My body is fighting SO hard to stay at this particular number. It simply WON'T budge!! After over a year of dieting like crazy, I had another fill put in, but the reflux problems are REALLY bad.

I take an OTC, so the acid is controlled pretty well. But if I even attempt to get horizontal -- something is coming up. Of course I know better than to lay down after eating. But even if I go to bed 4 or 5 hours after eating, just my saliva and gastric juices will blow up into my mouth -- sorry if that's gross, I know it is to wake up to.

Oh, and I'm sleeping on so many pillows, I'm practically sitting up!!! I LONG to be able to lay flat once again! :thumbup:

About three months of this and I've finally manage to see the scales move -- about 6 lbs. I know I should get an unfill but I don't want to gain any more and don't know how to get the scales to move. (Okay, I DO know -- I NEED to spend more time at the gym, but just have a really hard time working it into my schedule!!)

At this point, I don't know what to do.

Anyhow, thanks for listening.

Nana,

I feel so bad for you. Did you go back to the doctor? You don't want all that acid reflux to burn anything. It happened to a friend of mine. Good luck...keep us posted.

Jody