Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MANAGER Giving me hell

Ugghh i need advice and to vent

I have worked for the same company for the last 10 years I have only worked under this manager for five years I have always put my office and the other co-workers before myself now that my surgery is booked and she happens to have vacation she is giving me hell she is making me feel bad thinking that I purposely planned my surgery knowing she was out what should I do

Document it and tell HR if you have to. Hostile work environment.

If your boss is seriously harassing you, I'd suggest you ask her to please stop and politely but firmly tell her that it was not planned, and that it was your surgeon's call as to when he/she could fit you onto their schedule. And that you'll make sure to leave careful instructions and get all projects and work set up for your coworkers as well as possible before you're out for surgery.

Don't get angry, don't try to justify or argue or feel like you need to explain things further than that and don't feel it necessary to tell them what the surgery is for (and if asked "it's a private matter, and I don't feel comfortable discussing my health issues. Thanks for understanding.")

If your boss continues to harass you, then I might consider going to HR and tell them that your boss is doing this and ask them to please calm her down. They need to step in if she is being seriously hostile.

But you stay calm and keep repeating "I'm so sorry that it fell during the same time as your vacation, but I really need to get this done and this was when my surgeon could get me on their schedule. I'll do my absolute best to make sure my work and all projects are in great shape so there should be no problems while I'm out."

If your boss is seriously harassing you, I'd suggest you ask her to please stop and politely but firmly tell her that it was not planned, and that it was your surgeon's call as to when he/she could fit you onto their schedule. And that you'll make sure to leave careful instructions and get all projects and work set up for your coworkers as well as possible before you're out for surgery.

Don't get angry, don't try to justify or argue or feel like you need to explain things further than that and don't feel it necessary to tell them what the surgery is for (and if asked "it's a private matter, and I don't feel comfortable discussing my health issues. Thanks for understanding.")

If your boss continues to harass you, then I might consider going to HR and tell them that your boss is doing this and ask them to please calm her down. They need to step in if she is being seriously hostile.

But you stay calm and keep repeating "I'm so sorry that it fell during the same time as your vacation, but I really need to get this done and this was when my surgeon could get me on their schedule. I'll do my absolute best to make sure my work and all projects are in great shape so there should be no problems while I'm out."

Thank you so very much for the advice

Document it and tell HR if you have to. Hostile work environment.

I'd like to add don't allow anyone to bully you if you have always put your office as a priority as you said then this person will feel entitled to make you feel bad or as if you've done something wrong so they can have what they want and if it works so much the better in their favor u need to put yourself first for once and do what you need instead what of what is convenient for everyone else good luck

Your health is 100% more important then a vacation. As long as you've communicated it youve done your part. Dont allow her to make you angry. You've been waiting and working for this. When I had my sleeve I applied for fmla and short term disability. I applied through UNUM the company our HR uses and everything worked out for me to leave and my supervisor couldnt say anything (he was supportive and worked with me) but good luck with your surgery and stay focused on the positive, your getting your life back!

Sent from my LG-D415 using the BariatricPal App

Ugghh i need advice and to vent

I have worked for the same company for the last 10 years I have only worked under this manager for five years I have always put my office and the other co-workers before myself now that my surgery is booked and she happens to have vacation she is giving me hell she is making me feel bad thinking that I purposely planned my surgery knowing she was out what should I do

Hey, at least she is planning to take a vacation!

My last manager would never take a vacation, sick day, or mental health day. He was a couple of years younger than me. He is dead.

Both your health and her vacation are important. If your business can't accommodate both then it sounds like you are seriously understaffed --- unfortunately, that seems to be the norm these days.

Frankly, I wouldn't change your plans.

Just hand your manager your doors note stating your having sugary on such and such date and you'll follow up on such and such date...case closed. You owe no further explanation to your manager and it's illegal for them to ask.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Just hand your manager your doctors note stating your having sugary on such and such date and you'll follow up on such and such date...case closed. You owe no further explanation to your manager and it's illegal for them to ask.

I would put in my leave and tell her to bite me. This is about health and wellness.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App