Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hubby thinks my 23 pound loss is pretty wimpy. What am I doing wrong. I know I need to exercise and I'm trying to drink Water. I have been in a stall. Trying my best not to snack but it happens. I haven't touched soda or alcohol. Help!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Stop listening to your husband. Everyone looses in their own way and time. Give yourself a break.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

I am also 7 weeks post-op, and I have lost some and regained some (had to get IV fluids in the ER; 4lbs worth!) I feel like things are starting to move along better for me since I added more Protein and started watching carbs. 23 pounds is a good amount to lose in our time-frame! We are barely healed, and it takes time. We didn't gain it overnight and it sure isn't coming off overnight. Be good to yourself, and hang in there. You're doing great!

Is your husband a bariatric surgeon or registered dietitian with a specialty in bariatric practice? No? Then he can stfu.

I love my husband but he's pissing me off. I know because we had to pay to have this done....nothing good is free! He will watch and comment s out what I eat etc. my brain knows what you are all saying. It gets frustrating but I wouldn't have lost that much alone. No way. Do you all work out a lot? I have s friend who had hers done in Mexico. She said she never worked out. I feel my kind of metabolism and body frame will have to.

I have a similar weight loss and stall like you ... I started back up to gym or walking at night and I am starting to see scale move downward again ( yay )

For your husband - I know how he feels actually - I was pretty prepared for surgery except that I had a notion the weight would melt off - so I read more and realized I was wrong / so I changed my thoughts and adapted

Give him a break and realize he is not aware of the process and needs information to reset his assumptions

Two more pieces of advice that is sometimes shared .... Measure yourself - sometimes you are not losing weight but you are losing inches ! Track your food- even if you snack ( which you want to try and break that habit ) - track it! I'm not a vet, but I wanted to let you know I understand

Good luck !

Thanks to all of you. Jersey0601 I have heard mentioned that some folks melt inches before they see the scale move. I have a long journey and I know I can't lose it in a day. I will start walking and drinking more Water.

My husband had heard from one of my friends who was sleeved in Mexico.., she didn't exercise and he sees her melted but it's been a year. He didn't see the time between. So I'll give him a break but I'll call him out if he hurts my feelings.

Thanks y'all for chiming in. I'll keep checking in for any good info.

I started at 215 day of surgery and am almost 6 months out and "only" down to 185lbs. When I hear 30lbs down in 6 months I always compare and hear people who are down 70+.... you are awesome!!!!! Goal for me is 160, so as long as I keep going down I will be happy!

Well miracles do seem to happen. I got on the scale this morning and I went down 3 more pounds. Now being the doubting thomas that I can be. We'll see if it keeps going down. My goal is to break another 10's spot. I'm close to 240.....can we break into the 230's for gosh sakes!!! It's a long road but I'm gonna keep traveling it! Best wishes y'all.

Caela88: 30 lbs is awesome!!! Keep up the good work. We are all in this together!!

Your body fights losing weight. It's part of the reason we all find ourselves here. You'll overcome it. Just keep it up. And, when you've dropped your weight start to point out hubby's love handles. Or talk about the cute guy from work.

Edited by sc101071

I feel your frustration. I had revision surgery from band to sleeve on June 7th and I just feel like I should be losing faster. I lost 25lbs in the first couple of weeks but the last 3 weeks I've only lost 3lbs. It's a bit disappointing because when I had my band I lost weight a lot more consistently. I'm trying to exercise more and make some adjustments to see if I can kickstart the weight loss again. Damn slow metabolism.

I feel your frustration. I had revision surgery from band to sleeve on June 7th and I just feel like I should be losing faster. I lost 25lbs in the first couple of weeks but the last 3 weeks I've only lost 3lbs. It's a bit disappointing because when I had my band I lost weight a lot more consistently. I'm trying to exercise more and make some adjustments to see if I can kickstart the weight loss again. Damn slow metabolism.

I am also a revision from band to sleeve!