Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date 7-20-2016~ needs a friend

Well that is tough, 2 oz every 15 minutes seems like a lot, i have trouble now with liquids. but i just gobble down the rest of my Water to catch up and i know i wont be able to do that once i have surgery. Have you been nauseous?

Only the first few days but it went away really fast. The pain meds they gave me I think would make me nauseous but cold cloth helped. hiccups are what are bad for me I hiccup a lot and makes me sore but I have always been a frequent hiccuper lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

lol, well that is reassuring, how was the pain immediately post op?

Really not bad at all my back hurt a lot from laying flat for long time that was excruciating but after I got a heating pad it helped a lot just sore coughing and stuff not fun but you have to do it. Hug a pillow when you do helps immensely. Also I learned to hug my body pillow when I sleep that helps my stomach not hurt so much. But the pain was very very mild to what I thought they sent me home with stronger meds I used it for one day then used Tylenol for one now I don't need anything at all!

My surgery is 7/21... I'm anxious.. nervous.. just trying to enjoy my delicious liquids for two weeks lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

Really not bad at all my back hurt a lot from laying flat for long time that was excruciating but after I got a heating pad it helped a lot just sore coughing and stuff not fun but you have to do it. Hug a pillow when you do helps immensely. Also I learned to hug my body pillow when I sleep that helps my stomach not hurt so much. But the pain was very very mild to what I thought they sent me home with stronger meds I used it for one day then used Tylenol for one now I don't need anything at all!

that is amazing, im hoping for a speedy and painless recovery, but my surgery is a little more entailed due to previous surgery on my abdomen, and a mesh they may need to cut thru to get to my intestines, so i may be in a bit more pain. But it sounds like usually the pain is bearable and minimal

My surgery is 7/21... I'm anxious.. nervous.. just trying to enjoy my delicious liquids for two weeks lol

hi! so im sorry you are stuck with 2 weeks of liquids ... yuck. i lost a lot of weight in one month so my dr said i am allowed to just do 7 days of liquids. i start tomorrow. Not looking forwards to it. Have you stared yet? I have very similar feelings, more so because my procedure is a higher risk due to previous surgery and some other complications. That's what has me very nervous, also i wont know if i get bypass or sleeve until after the surgery, since he will try his best to do bypass but i may have a ton of scar tissue that make it impossible to do the bypass.

Oh yeah it should be good I hope it's still minimal for you keep posted when you can sending good thoughts for speedy recovery!

Thank you! I definatley will keep you updated. I was wondering have you purchased "special" plates/bowls/utensils? I was advised to do so by some people but i really dont want to use baby rubber spoons LOL

I'm on day 5 of liquids... it's not that horrible... but I really notice all the food commercials, and it's hard watching my Gordon Ramsey shows lol. I did lose some weight, but I was just shy of only having to do a week of liquids.

I'm on day 5 of liquids... it's not that horrible... but I really notice all the food commercials, and it's hard watching my Gordon Ramsey shows lol. I did lose some weight, but I was just shy of only having to do a week of liquids.

You had me cracking up, I avoid tv for that reason, ever since i started to diet almost 2 months now. Those commercials are sooo tempting lol. Thats great that you only had to do 1 week of liquids. How have you been feeling energy wise? Also have you been walking yet?

That is amazing maria. I definatley will keep you in the loop so you know what to expect, and you can ask me anything. Im starting my preop diet tomorrow, not looking forward to it.

Hi, my gastric bypass surgery is scheduled on July 28th, just 8 days after you. I am feeling the same as you.

Maria

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I'm still hiking a few miles.. and yesterday I did a 16 mile bike ride on the trails... I was hungry after, bud had a Protein shake for lunch and felt fine. The hunger is lessening as the days go on...

I'm still hiking a few miles.. and yesterday I did a 16 mile bike ride on the trails... I was hungry after, bud had a Protein shake for lunch and felt fine. The hunger is lessening as the days go on...

wow your doing amazing, i dont walk. i dance. and i wont be able to do that after surgery untill im allowed, so i have to start to walk. idk if i can lol i get so bored. maybe ill start that pokemon go game just to walk LOL