Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh... why the hell did I do that?

It was a beautiful (albeit hot) day today and after I got my 6 miles in for the day, I decided to take my daughters up to a local wing festival. Needless to say the place was so incredibly packed that I did not stay! We ended up just going to BW3's. I haven't been to one of these places for a long time. I didn't order anything except an unsweetened ice tea. My girls however had the fried cheese curds and some hot boneless wings.

The food actually smelled really good, and I figured since I had over 25 miles on the elliptical this week that it wouldn't be too bad if I tried some of it. I had a few curds and 6 small chicken chunks. By the time we left the restaurant, I was full on nauseous. I mean serious drool and green pallor and everything. It wasn't dumping, I know that one. This was just food that doesn't like me. I looked up the nutrition on the BW3's website and I had well over 600 calories in that totally unsatisfying meal.

I remember my record. I once ate 42 wings. I literally am disgusted at that thought and I swear, I am never going to eat that crap again. This is one of the few instances where you can never go home and thank goodness for that!

So whats my rant? My rant is that I was stupid enough to eat something I know is not a part of my plan and all week long we have been talking about eating poorly. However I will say straight out that at a year and half out I am not in danger. So if any newbie sees this, take heart. Even us veterans can be stupid.

Oh yeah ... the lessons haven't stopped for me yet either.

;)

;)

I think that should be the big take away. Even after a year and a half, I am still learning.

So as a wing lover myself, I'm learning to clarify if they are breaded or not. Breaded? They are coming back up. Not breaded? I can eat 4 or 5. I also learned to eat the (giggle) two boners because the meat is thinner, they take longer to eat and I get less gristle. Hooters naked wings are a favorite!

I've never had a cheese curd. I assume that's something fried if it's at BW3?

And absolutely no fries. Two fries = one wing. Not worth the space.

I also learned to eat the (giggle) two boners

Color me surprised!

cheese curds are not always fried but yes these were. And the wings were breaded. It was awful. Just never going to happen again!

;)

I think that should be the big take away. Even after a year and a half, I am still learning.

I'm three years out, maintaining with a bounce for two years and still learning. I know what I CAN experiment with successfully (CHEESE!, differently prepped fish, tofu, fancy meats), and what I can't (Pasta, rice, potato, cream based anything).

I've learned to stop eating when I'm full and to serve myself teeny portions. I'm still learning not to buy everything that looks good in one shopping trip.

The process never ends. Be mindful.

42 wings? impressive. I am continually amazed when I compare what I used to eat compared to what I can eat now.

How long did you feel ill after this wee episode?

I get plain unbreaded cheese curds, and love them - but I can no longer handle anything that has been fried, even if the breading is removed. which, all in all, is a good trade off for being healthier.

I soo understand. I'm two years out and usually mindful of my eating and have few surprises, however I am suffering tonight after eating a little two much spaghetti and a Brussels sprout salad with light vinaigrette dressing. Followed by dance aerobics. It turned my stomach into a gas factory, bloated and in pain, after several hours it's passing, but wow! I will not do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

42 wings? impressive. I am continually amazed when I compare what I used to eat compared to what I can eat now.

How long did you feel ill after this wee episode?

I agree, I still kinda smirk when I look at my plates now. "So this is how you are supposed to eat?"

I felt nauseous for at least 30 minutes. Then the "ugh... I just want to lay down" for about another 1.5 hours. Now that I think about it, thats how I used to feel all the time! Man, my food really was killing me back then.

So as a wing lover myself, I'm learning to clarify if they are breaded or not. Breaded? They are coming back up. Not breaded? I can eat 4 or 5. I also learned to eat the (giggle) two boners because the meat is thinner, they take longer to eat and I get less gristle. Hooters naked wings are a favorite!

I've never had a cheese curd. I assume that's something fried if it's at BW3?

And absolutely no fries. Two fries = one wing. Not worth the space.

How hot do you get them? And how long was it before you could eat wings at all?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Now that I think about it, thats how I used to feel all the time! Man, my food really was killing me back then.

you and me both. I am so thankful that I had this surgery.

@@Seagull - Can't speak for Lipstick, but I can tolerate the hottest hot sauce at any restaurant no problem. It's only the fried breading that is the problem.

Edited by BigViffer

When did you start eating wings?

So as a wing lover myself, I'm learning to clarify if they are breaded or not. Breaded? They are coming back up. Not breaded? I can eat 4 or 5. I also learned to eat the (giggle) two boners because the meat is thinner, they take longer to eat and I get less gristle. Hooters naked wings are a favorite!I've never had a cheese curd. I assume that's something fried if it's at BW3?And absolutely no fries. Two fries = one wing. Not worth the space.

How hot do you get them? And how long was it before you could eat wings at all?Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Seagull - Can't speak for Lipstick, but I can tolerate the hottest hot sauce at any restaurant no problem. It's only the fried breading that is the problem.

Dude. I'm MexItalian. Your hottest is sugary sweet. ;) Bring it.