Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone NOT have heartburn or gallbladder problems?

Hi again people! Anyone out there NOT have any Gallbladder problems or Heartburn? How many months or years post-op are you? Hoping to see people who are a long way out that do NOT suffer from these complications! Thanks

I'm 2 years post-op with no gallbladder complications and only had heartburn once after surgery but some tums and I was better right away. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Heartburn isn't really a complication since lots of normal people have heartburn. I have had it twice and I wouldn't consider it a complication, at all. It was caused by something I ate out, it doesn't happen on a normal basis.

A leak is what I would consider a complication, or a stricture.

You are worrying about the wrong things.

@@OutsideMatchInside There are people who take prescription medicines for the rest of their lives in order to combat heartburn/GERD - so this of course can be considered a complication. I thank you for your insight!

I have had no heartburn post-op (I had a hiatal hernia repaired along with my vsg). I took PPI's for the first several months, but have not taken them since. I have had no gall bladder issues. I've had no complications of any sort whatsoever. I am just over 3 years post-op.

I didn't have any gallstones, if that's what you mean, nor any other gall bladder issues, and haven't had any trouble with heartburn/acid reflux either. I have had some issues pre-surgery with acid reflux, but for me that came while sleeping when I had eaten a lot, and especially if acidic or fatty foods were included, within a couple of hours of bedtime - by and large I learned not to do that after some bad experiences!

Hi again people! Anyone out there NOT have any Gallbladder problems or Heartburn? How many months or years post-op are you? Hoping to see people who are a long way out that do NOT suffer from these complications! Thanks

I was sleeved April 20, 2015 and have not experienced either one.

I was prescribed Actigall and a PPI immediately post-op but haven't taken either for a very long time.

I had my gall bladder removed when they did my sleeve. I developed severe acid reflux 3 days post surgery. Granted I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out but I'm taking 2 Pepcid/day & it's still waking me up at night. It has been quite the struggle when I need sleep to heal but can't sleep due to the reflux.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was giving Omeprazole for after my surgery but I had prior gastric issues ( G.E.R.D) but I really haven't felt it much after either of my recent surgeries. BUT I have read that instead of feeling that actual burning sensation in my esophagus and it's related areas heartburn can feel like hunger who knew lol

And a recently I tested theory and it was right. I feel hunger and I took a Zantac and and hour later I was fine

WLS 6/15/16 Miami,Fl

33yrs /5'6"

highest weight 300s in 2002-03

lowest weight 193 in 2014

I will be 6 months post op and have had no heartburn or gall bladder issues post op. I did have heartburn all the time before. My doctor had me on Prilosec OTC for 4 weeks (I week pre-op and 3 weeks post-op). He said that is why my recovery was so easy.

Very surprised that I haven't had any heartburn; hadn't actually crossed my mind how long its been until I saw your post! Hope this helps...!