Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How old were you when you had your surgery?

35 when I had RNY 10/12/15. HW 258, SW 243, CW 155.

I just had mine on August 11th. Highest weight 316... Day of surgery was down to 277 and I've yet to weigh myself yet post op gonna wait till my first follow up appt on Monday :) oh and I'm 26 years old

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

HW 220

SW 211

CW (23 days post op) 198

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Surgery 8/31/16

HW - 384

SW - 284

CW - 267

I'm 55, surgery in 2 weeks . 294 lb......ready and waiting !

HW 336

SW 296

CW 170

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

How long has it taken you to lose that much? And what does your calorie and carb and Protein and Fluid intake and exercise look like? Sorry for all the questions, but we're very similar in stats. 46 years old, starting weight 296, pre surgery 287 today's weight..approximately 263. Tyvm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

@@northcountyr1 - I lost about 15 pounds in the 3 month pre-op diet. Then 12 pounds in the 1 week liquid diet. Then I was at "goal" at 1 year post-op. I have continued to lose just slightly since then (though I am trying to get it to stop). I had RNY on June 4, 2015. I ate probably 600 calories the first few months (mostly due to stricture which kept making me sick and once fixed was much easier). I increased to 800 calories where I stayed until probably 7 or 8 months post-op then increased to 1000 calories for a few months and then went to 1200 calories by 1 year post-op. My NUT says 1200 is where I should probably be permanently but I seem to be losing at that now, so I am trying to get my intake up to stop the loss. In the beginning, I drank 2 Protein drinks per day (Premier Protein Ready to drink which contain 30g protein) and at almost 16 months post-op, I still drink 1 per day. I have always tried to get close to 100g Protein and now get closer to 115g-120g. My carbs are anywhere from 65g to 85g (usually) and even in fastest loss phase, I still ate at least 50g carbs. Fat is generally 45g-65g. And I am embarrassed to say this, but I didn't concentrate on exercise too much. I did some walking but not extreme. I did work out with a trainer briefly but I didn't stick with it. I can tell you now that I wish I had done more weight bearing exercise as I feel like I look a little too thin (though the high protein seems to have helped with maintaining muscle).

No sure I have the perfect formula and maintenance is definitely going to be the tougher part, but keys to success for me were - 1) ongoing counseling (2x per month still - 1x per week in the beginning), 2) logging all my food - every single bite, every single day, 3) 1x per month follow up with NUT where she reviewed my food logs and made suggestions for changes and 4) great advice from this website. Just keep your eye on the prize and keep moving forward and you will get there!

Thnx so much. I'm actually seeing my nut on the 5th. I'm staying around 1100 to 1200 calories a day, 60 to 70 carbs a day and 60 to 80 Protein a day with at least 50 to 64 Oz of Fluid. We're truckers so exercising is tough, so I walk in the evenings at the truck stops, usually at least a mile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

@@northcountyr1 - I lost about 15 pounds in the 3 month pre-op diet. Then 12 pounds in the 1 week liquid diet. Then I was at "goal" at 1 year post-op. I have continued to lose just slightly since then (though I am trying to get it to stop). I had RNY on June 4, 2015. I ate probably 600 calories the first few months (mostly due to stricture which kept making me sick and once fixed was much easier). I increased to 800 calories where I stayed until probably 7 or 8 months post-op then increased to 1000 calories for a few months and then went to 1200 calories by 1 year post-op. My NUT says 1200 is where I should probably be permanently but I seem to be losing at that now, so I am trying to get my intake up to stop the loss. In the beginning, I drank 2 Protein drinks per day (Premier Protein Ready to drink which contain 30g protein) and at almost 16 months post-op, I still drink 1 per day. I have always tried to get close to 100g Protein and now get closer to 115g-120g. My carbs are anywhere from 65g to 85g (usually) and even in fastest loss phase, I still ate at least 50g carbs. Fat is generally 45g-65g. And I am embarrassed to say this, but I didn't concentrate on exercise too much. I did some walking but not extreme. I did work out with a trainer briefly but I didn't stick with it. I can tell you now that I wish I had done more weight bearing exercise as I feel like I look a little too thin (though the high protein seems to have helped with maintaining muscle).

No sure I have the perfect formula and maintenance is definitely going to be the tougher part, but keys to success for me were - 1) ongoing counseling (2x per month still - 1x per week in the beginning), 2) logging all my food - every single bite, every single day, 3) 1x per month follow up with NUT where she reviewed my food logs and made suggestions for changes and 4) great advice from this website. Just keep your eye on the prize and keep moving forward and you will get there!

I had my surgery one day before Daisee68 (I also had RNY), have/had pretty much the exact same stats, and I did pretty much the same thing all the way down the line. It works!

I am 33 years old & I had my surgery (sleeve) last week.

(5'9.5 tall ) starting weight was 271 and I just weighed in this morning at 209

(I had to do many months of pre-op weightloss, most of my weightloss to date has been pre-surgery)

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App