Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eleven months down today... never thought it possible

August 8, 2015, surgery day. 403 pounds.

July 8, 2016, eleven months. 229 pounds.

Wow. Just. WOW. I truly thought I would fail. Never thought I would see size 18 again.

WOW!

Congratulations for all of the great effort you have made so far!

Great job!! You have done awesome.

Wow is right, amazing job!

Congratulations on all you have achieved so far and all that is yet to come!

Wow!! Congrats!! That is amazing!!

Superbadassness in evidence right there !!!!

Well done, young lady. Well freaking done !!!!

You are AWESOME!!! Congrats

I hear you! I've been above 275 for almost 20 years. Currently 340. There is that part of me that thinks I'll fail at this just like I have for so long. Surgery is in October, I hope, like you, I can look back and say that I did it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I found this thread from your posting of today saying 1 year post op. I am so happy for you. You have lost a huge amount of weight in the 1 year since your surgery.

Did I read this posting correct in July you had lost down to 229 and are in a size 18. Wow that is wonderful! You are only 1 inch taller than I am. I am currently 243 and have no idea what size I am as I have been sewing in all my clothing. To think that maybe I could someday be wearing a size 18 again like you are would be so wonderful.

Now one month later and even smaller have you gotten into a smaller size? You keep going strong and you will be to your goal real soon.

I found this thread from your posting of today saying 1 year post op. I am so happy for you. You have lost a huge amount of weight in the 1 year since your surgery.

Did I read this posting correct in July you had lost down to 229 and are in a size 18. Wow that is wonderful! You are only 1 inch taller than I am. I am currently 243 and have no idea what size I am as I have been sewing in all my clothing. To think that maybe I could someday be wearing a size 18 again like you are would be so wonderful.

Now one month later and even smaller have you gotten into a smaller size? You keep going strong and you will be to your goal real soon.

I'm one year today and 223 pounds. The size 18 - well it depends on whether it's a woman's 18 (yes), a misses 18 (sometimes), a who-knows-what 18 (no way). Sometimes I have to go larger because the arms feel too snug.

Edited by Sharon1964

I have been in the 5X and above category for so long I guess I do not know that much about today's sizes of clothing. What is the difference between Women and Misses? Is there some kind of a size chart available for Women and Misses? I feel like I have no fashion sense and will need to educate myself of today's trends. Regardless of what it is you are so much smaller and I can't wait for that to happen to me too. Keep going strong, I plan too.

I have been in the 5X and above category for so long I guess I do not know that much about today's sizes of clothing. What is the difference between Women and Misses? Is there some kind of a size chart available for Women and Misses? I feel like I have no fashion sense and will need to educate myself of today's trends. Regardless of what it is you are so much smaller and I can't wait for that to happen to me too. Keep going strong, I plan too.

Womens sizes tend to be more amply cut than Misses sizes. Unfortunately, there is no standard to sizes.

If I go to Catherines or Lane Bryant or any other place that has plus-size clothes made exclusively for them, I wear a smaller size. If it's Levi or some other national brand sold in various stores, I tend to wear a bigger size.

I don't know how old you are (I just turned 52), but I tend to prefer classic styles. http://www.theviviennefiles.com/ is who I recommend for classic fashion. You can spend hours and hours reading her posts.

Sharon Thanks for the link. I am 60 and have always had issues with clothing since childhood because of my size. I remember going with my Mother to buy clothing and she always wanted me to wear black, navy and brown solids. I love colors and hated not only the colors she picked but the styles as well. Our shopping trips always turned into crying tantrums for me. Once I was old enough to buy my own clothing I went for very colorful print clothing but still had issues with styles.

Hopefully when I get to my goal weight I will be able to enjoy shopping. However I will need a personal shopper to help me with the style today that is good for my age and shape.

Amazing & inspiring! Congrats & best of wishes!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App