Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My work here is done

I bet he is exactly 4 tbs!

I bet he is exactly 4 tbs!

SOMEONE WHO GETS ME.

Beyond honored

@@LipstickLady mystery solved

post-293995-0-48703300-1473358386_thumb.jpg

And then there was the guy who ate a 20oz steak a few weeks post op and somehow that was his surgeon's fault. HA!

This was my favorite one of the year. He was so insistent it was his surgeons fault. And really just wanted advice on how to tell his surgeon off. I really would have loved to hear that conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

attachicon.gifbanana.jpg

It's a horse. Dressed as a banana.< /p>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha! Just saw it. Was asleep when you posted it ..... LOL, too funny :D

Am I a newbie. Yes. I started my 2 week liquid diet today. Surgery on the 3rd. If I have questions or need advise I want to hear from vets. I like being told straight and not sugar coated. Sugar coated won't help me succeed! I know that everyone's body is different and outcomes are different. But I also know that I am doing this so I can live, live longer and healthier. So why in the world would I jeopardize a tool that I was thankfully Givin to eat the same way that put me where I am now. NO! I have to change me, my mindset and I have to be willing to do it. And I refuse to self sabotage my health and life for a piece of bacon, or cake, or whatever it may be when I know that ..."hmm just onepiece can't hurt or well I already screwed up and ate one so why not keep eating wrong all day I'll go back to what I should be eating tomorrow." Hello! No! New mindset. I'm stronger then this. I can do this. I'm worth it. I'm not going to throw away a gift and tool. So yes there are newbies who just don't care. But there are also plenty like me who needs our vets advice and Ideas. Just my 2 cents.

Proud Nana of a very handsome grandbaby

There was also hoagie gate - but the poster only ate a foot long in one sitting .... Ahhh good times

There was also hoagie gate - but the poster only ate a foot long in one sitting .... Ahhh good times

Holy hell, how did I miss this one?! Excuse me while I go waste the rest of my night looking for that thread.

Well whoo up - I'm a soon to be newbie - and I'm hardly an idiot & I would appreciate some veterans advice - & at 49 yrs old I kinda think of myself as a grown up - so it would be nice if we weren't all put into the same basket and some of us were given the consideration of having a brain & it be recognised that advice given is wanted and appreciated -

I made a similar mistake by stating the (apparently controversial) opinion that being on Medicare and getting "fast tracked" might not be as good as it seems and that pre operative education improves outcomes.

There seem to be lots of people here who believe that everything they do BEFORE MAJOR SURGERY is a waste of there valuable time. Despite very likely being obesee for years they want the surgery that's going to magically change their lives forever and they want it NOW. Those evil insurance companies are just making them "jump through hoops".

I can't imagine doing this without a psychologist, nutritionist and physical therapist. I feel like the six months of pre op appointments and classes prepared me in a way that that the pre surgery class given to OHP (Medicare) recipients never could have.