Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Found out my paperwork was not submitted

My patient advocate told me she submitted my paperwork on Friday, I called Cigna yesterday and today just to see if it had been submitted and it hasn't been

She lied and I'm upset about it. I called and spoke to her and she said she meant to submit it on Friday, but didn't. ((So why did you call and tell me it was submitted?!?)))

Cigna still doesn't have the paperwork. I feel like she's jerking me around and making me wait for no reason.

She said she would "try" and submit it today.

I'm sure everyone says this but I am on a short time table. My husband is in grad school and I have 2 kids under 2. I need this surgery before he goes back to school next month. My doctor requires a 2 week liquid diet before surgery, so I'm down to the wire.

Pray for me please

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am sure that the insurance coordinator at that practice is not the practice manager. Find out who that is and holler!

I am sure that the insurance coordinator at that practice is not the practice manager. Find out who that is and holler!

Agree with your advice. Escalate this!

My insurance coordinator was on vacation when I had my last appointment. If I hadn't called a week after my last appointment she wouldn't have know that my paperwork needed to be submitted. The insurance company doesn't care about the back story and only monitors when they receive everything. I've waited 2 complete weeks and the insurance company says it could be 2.5 more.

Call. You deserve it. When you talk to the office manager, tell them you need the paperwork escalated. The doctor's office is often the only one who can do so.

New twist to the story. I'm freaking out!

I called the office manager and she told me my surgeon is leaving the practice at the end of the month, so if my approval isn't in by then- I'll have to transfer to his new practice and resubmit. Eff

She told me to talk to the lady's boss to get things expedited. I did.

Guys, I'm freaking out.

@@gettingsleeved1 - My heavens this should not be possible. So sorry you are going through this. I am on hold with the insurance company again. One day at a time... Bless your heart. Good luck expediting!!