Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm freaking HUNGRYYYY! Eeerrrrgggg!

Does/did any1 feel kinda nauseous when drinking Water? I woke up from surgery dizzy and pretty nauseous and I thought it was effects from the surgery and/or the anesthesia but I still I have it.

WLS 6/15/16 Miami,Fl

33yrs /5'6"

highest weight 300s in 2002-03

lowest weight 193 in 2014

Does/did any1 feel kinda nauseous when drinking Water? I woke up from surgery dizzy and pretty nauseous and I thought it was effects from the surgery and/or the anesthesia but I still I have it.

This is a pretty common problem for new post-ops. A solution that works pretty well is to put flavored Mio drops or Crystal Lite or some other non-calorie flavoring in your Water. That gets high marks from most patients.

Other approaches to getting more water down are to drink caffeine-free teas or switch up the temp of your water -- from cold to hot or room-temp (just do a different temp).

P.S. Just saw your new avatar -- now, that's funny! :)

WLS 6/15/16 Miami,Fl

33yrs /5'6"

highest weight 300s in 2002-03

lowest weight 193 in 2014

I'm a little over three years out and Water still thunks in my stomach like lead. I infuse it with fruit or cukes, add a splash of fruit juice, squeeze a lemon in or mix it with Gatorade. I don't like the drops much anymore, but if they are my only option, I just need one or three. I don't do a whole serving.

I just need to change the water a little bit to keep the nauseousness away. :D

My opinion:

Try infusing your Water with some ginger. Ginger works well for calming the gut.

However, if you are concerned enough about your symptoms, give your team a call. They will know better than anyone how to help you.

Feel better, and post often, friend. :)

I found sadly (for my pocketbook) I could only drink bottled Water not even our wonderful well water. Something about the density sat in my stomach like lead. Play around with different ones till something works

Im sure i will eventually eat bacon again... but I'll stick with turkey bacon because it's leaner.

I have only been able to drink bottled Water at room temperature otherwise I swear my stomach actually cringes. It has to be the cold and I have learned to drink my water plain or with a lemon in it.

I too eat bacon, the real thing but I did not start eating bacon until I was about 8 months post op. Because of how little I eat, I do eat full fat cheeses, bacon, yogurt, cottage cheese. But, I really do stick mostly to quality Proteins, veggies and amazing fruit so that really helps control my diet.

I also believe in everything in moderation. If I want a brownie or some ice cream I have a small portion every once in a while. I find if I don't let myself have these foods at all, it is likely I will go off plan and be right back where I started.

Again, I did not even think of touching anything like that until I was post op about 8 months and down over 100lbs.