Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm freaking HUNGRYYYY! Eeerrrrgggg!

Ok... so i was reading though some posts... and i noticed something.

I saw the Protein drink that your surgeon has got you on and i had a quick look at the ingredients....

Could it possibly be that is what is causing your dizziness and tiredness.... i noticed that it has L-Tryptophan in it... and i know for a fact that it makes you tired and sleepy.... also, it concerns me that it is not a Protein isolate... so you wouldn't be absorbing the complete 18g of protein in it...

How much of that stuff are you having for each meal?

Can i make a suggestion that you call your surgeon and ask if you can change to a normal low carb protein isolate.... if he says yes, i would go out and buy some... that protein might be the issue...

Tryptophan is nowhere near as effective as it's played up to be. The reason people feel sleepy after a Thanksgiving turkey dinner has nothing to do with Tryptophan and everything to do with eating a full day's worth of calories (or more, for the dedicated fatties) in a single sitting.

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

I have been reading these forums about 5 years; I am 4 1/2 years post revision to sleeve and maintaining a massive weight loss - so one of the cranky vets around here.

My primary comment is that your surgeon's guidelines do not fit, even remotely, the "norm" based on what others have shared, what I have read on websites of major respected bariatric centers etc. While we do each need to follow our program to maximize success, I really question whether a month of Clear Liquids acheives anything. When I read the details of your program it looked like a plan to maximize initial weight loss - but that won't work if you can't stick with it! Besides, in my experience, the real power of the sleeve is that time period when you begin solid food (for me it was around 6 weeks) through the period of time when your hunger returns (for me, it was about 8 months post op). Tiny amounts of solid food were all I needed to feel great, and lose weight during that window. It helped me change my relationship with food, but suffering through an extended liquid diet would not have done that.

I am not sure what I would do in your shoes because you do need to follow a program, but I would not be happy with your program either.

Well I just got out of my Drs office, guess he was more relaxed 2day. I've lost a total of 23 lbs in 23 days. Today was pretty productive u got to see what my stomach looked like before and after surgery and it's really small. I got to talk to my Dr and the nut and they advanced my diet yo full liquids and I'm happy about that cause I guess I'll be getting more consistency in my stomach. Overall I got to ask questions that were answered and I got some insite on some workouts that I can do at home or at the gym. I was having some rough days but today I woke up more relaxed and trying not to so annoyed with everything and everyone.

Once again I thank every1 that has something to say no matter what it may be and here's to another day on this journey

WLS 6/15/16 Miami,Fl

33yrs /5'6"

highest weight 300s in 2002-03

lowest weight 193 in 2014

@@SiSSi829 I'm glad to hear you're follow-up visit went so well and that you're feeling better. And congrats on the weight loss so far!!

Whaaaaaaaaaat! I haven't read the whole thread so please forgive me if I'm missing something. You mean to tell me, that YOU after having sleeve conversion which i assume is the same as having the sleeve... had the audacity to eat BACON so soon after the surgery?

I don't plan to eat BACON ever again let alone post op. I get that same pain you speak of but i don't think it's hunger. Im not sure what it is because I get mines whether I've eaten or not.

Your Dr should be flabbergasted! You make it hard for those of us who have not only had the surgery but have accepted this as a lifestyle change. Far more healthier options are available to you in the early post op phase. Protein shakes, yogurt, Soup, Jello, applesauce, hot Cereal. Hell even if you had to make a fruit smoothie with Protein that is better than BACON!

And then you say you only lost 20 lbs? Girl BYE!!!

Oh dear... let us pray. I know I sound judgemental but honey you need serious psychological help ASAP! Bless you.

Well I just got out of my Drs office, guess he was more relaxed 2day. I've lost a total of 23 lbs in 23 days. Today was pretty productive u got to see what my stomach looked like before and after surgery and it's really small. I got to talk to my Dr and the nut and they advanced my diet yo full liquids and I'm happy about that cause I guess I'll be getting more consistency in my stomach. Overall I got to ask questions that were answered and I got some insite on some workouts that I can do at home or at the gym. I was having some rough days but today I woke up more relaxed and trying not to so annoyed with everything and everyone.

Once again I thank every1 that has something to say no matter what it may be and here's to another day on this journey

WLS 6/15/16 Miami,Fl

33yrs /5'6"

Sticking to a full liquid diet should be so much easier as there are more ways to get Protein in which will help with any hunger you may have.

One thing I would highly suggest (because it's so dang tasty) is ProtiDiet Creamy chicken Soup. It has 15g of Protein in it and for me was out of this world. I had a Protein shake for Breakfast and dinner, a Soup at lunch and then water/powerade zero in between all those times. I want to thank @innersurfgirl for posting about this brand in other topics because I may not have known about it without her posts. :)

Way to go on the 23lb loss! I'm only at 7 down since surgery but trying to be patient.

Edited by determinedtolive

Whaaaaaaaaaat! I haven't read the whole thread so please forgive me if I'm missing something. You mean to tell me, that YOU after having sleeve conversion which i assume is the same as having the sleeve... had the audacity to eat BACON so soon after the surgery?

I don't plan to eat BACON ever again let alone post op. I get that same pain you speak of but i don't think it's hunger. Im not sure what it is because I get mines whether I've eaten or not.

Your Dr should be flabbergasted! You make it hard for those of us who have not only had the surgery but have accepted this as a lifestyle change. Far more healthier options are available to you in the early post op phase. Protein shakes, yogurt, Soup, Jello, applesauce, hot Cereal. Hell even if you had to make a fruit smoothie with Protein that is better than BACON!

And then you say you only lost 20 lbs? Girl BYE!!!

Oh dear... let us pray. I know I sound judgemental but honey you need serious psychological help ASAP! Bless you.

Bye Felicia. ????️

Thank u for your insite, opinions & comments.

May god bless u too and correction doll, I've lost 23lbs as of 2day.

WLS 6/15/16 Miami,Fl

33yrs /5'6"

Edited by SiSSi829

Thank goodness you don't have to do an entire month of clear liquids! Glad to hear things are looking up. You can do it!

I admit i just read her initial post and it just struck a nerve. Regardless I'm sure she can care less what I think but from what I see she's been rather defensive towards anyone who has less than supportive things to say.

Everyone's journey is different. I can't dream of eating bacon or anything that is not considered healthy for my body and to hear of someone doing it (although I'm sure there has been worse stories) was just astonishing to me.

I was preparing sliders and french fries for my family last night and although they looked and smelled delicious that was the end of it other than thinking of healthier versions for future references aka turkey burger slider w/swiss cheese and Tomato wrapped in Boston lettuce.

I'm so thankful for my sleeve and I never want to have to have a revision and the only way that will happen is if I make a firm decision to remain compliant with lifestyle changes. No one's perfect or none of us would be here. But I have to question ones commitment level or rediness for change when they are willing to eat bacon not even a week post op. So quick to fall back into old habits.

I understand this is a forum meant to encourage and support others and although i make no apologies for my premature comments, I will refrain from making comments that come off as less than supportive in the future.

Good luck on your journey.

I usually stay out of these types of threads and just sit back and watch it unfold (eating virtual popcorn), but I felt the need to weigh in. And this definitely isn't addressed at the OP, so don't take offence..

Do you know what I hate worse than straight talk feedback from people who have been there before me?

The Peanut Butter filled pretzels that the new snack vendor at my office keeps restocking everyday. I work at one of those tech companies that fill the entire office with every type of food imaginable. And i walked right on by ever since i got back to the office (i do partake in the beef Jerky and 0 fat fage). But dang! i swear i can hear those little nuggets of badness whispering to me "come on - you can have just one...we are unsalted so we aren't THAT bad...peanut butter is protein!"

They are the devil whispering in my ear on one side. Luckily I have the angels from bariatricpal whispering in my other ear - and collectively they are waaaay louder - Sure some of them talk to me in nicer tones than others - but at the end of the day they all are guiding me to be the very best goplay94123 I can be! So thanks to all of you who have advised me in my past 4 months - i am down over 50 pounds, I am training for a 5k, went on my first date in 15 years, I am learning to cook exciting and new recipes to keep my within my allowable foods, I am finally regularly pooping (ha), and have most of my hair. What more could a girl ask for!

attachment=63422:peanutbutter crackers.PNG]

post-286600-0-15744700-1468011981_thumb.png

@@Candygyrl

My best advice (and something I need to remind MYSELF of because I often reply without reading)? If the thread is more than 3-5 pages long, STOP. READ. COMMENT.

I don't disagree with your initial thoughts or your right to express yourself, just sayin' if the thread is long, it's usually a bit ... uhm ... stormy!?!

:D

Best to you!

I usually stay out of these types of threads and just sit back and watch it unfold (eating virtual popcorn), but I felt the need to weigh in. And this definitely isn't addressed at the OP, so don't take offence..

Do you know what I hate worse than straight talk feedback from people who have been there before me?

The Peanut Butter filled pretzels that the new snack vendor at my office keeps restocking everyday. I work at one of those tech companies that fill the entire office with every type of food imaginable. And i walked right on by ever since i got back to the office (i do partake in the beef Jerky and 0 fat fage). But dang! i swear i can hear those little nuggets of badness whispering to me "come on - you can have just one...we are unsalted so we aren't THAT bad...peanut butter is protein!"

They are the devil whispering in my ear on one side. Luckily I have the angels from bariatricpal whispering in my other ear - and collectively they are waaaay louder - Sure some of them talk to me in nicer tones than others - but at the end of the day they all are guiding me to be the very best goplay94123 I can be! So thanks to all of you who have advised me in my past 4 months - i am down over 50 pounds, I am training for a 5k, went on my first date in 15 years, I am learning to cook exciting and new recipes to keep my within my allowable foods, I am finally regularly pooping (ha), and have most of my hair. What more could a girl ask for!

attachment=63422:peanutbutter crackers.PNG]

YOU. I like.

Ok... so i was reading though some posts... and i noticed something.

I saw the Protein drink that your surgeon has got you on and i had a quick look at the ingredients....

Could it possibly be that is what is causing your dizziness and tiredness.... i noticed that it has L-Tryptophan in it... and i know for a fact that it makes you tired and sleepy.... also, it concerns me that it is not a Protein isolate... so you wouldn't be absorbing the complete 18g of protein in it...

How much of that stuff are you having for each meal?

Can i make a suggestion that you call your surgeon and ask if you can change to a normal low carb protein isolate.... if he says yes, i would go out and buy some... that protein might be the issue...

Tryptophan is nowhere near as effective as it's played up to be. The reason people feel sleepy after a Thanksgiving turkey dinner has nothing to do with Tryptophan and everything to do with eating a full day's worth of calories (or more, for the dedicated fatties) in a single sitting.

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

I never mentioned turkey... and the amount in turkey are too small to make any difference....i have turkey all the time..turkey doesn't make me sleepy.

L-Tryptophan is whats needed to make serotonin and it is also used as a sleep aid for insomnia... i suggested that perhaps this is what is contributing.