Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm freaking HUNGRYYYY! Eeerrrrgggg!

@@SiSSi829 -- Congratulations on your weight loss!!! Sounds like you're doing great!!

I agree with @BingeEaterToSleever and some of the others whose advice and comments are quite reasonable.

I won't comment on the bacon bit other than to concur with a couple of the others who have already commented. ;)

Finding liquid Protein that tastes good to you and that you can enjoy experimenting with takes time. Don't be afraid to experiment and to try some samples. @@powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and @SyntraxNectar are my two favorite Liquid Protein powders. When I drink 3-4 @@UNJURY shakes a day my craves for carbs (any carb) decreases drastically. Considering that I'm almost 18 months out from surgery I do eat more real food than I drink shakes, however, in order to get the amount of Protein required each day (100 grams), I do still supplement with a shake or two or a Quest Protein Bar. My new tummy gives me great restriction so I cannot eat enough regular food every day to reach that amount of protein.

I use Unjury Protein Powders which were recommended to me by a friend. After reading most of the reviews of each of the products I was interested in, I decided to give it a try. I have been quite impressed with the flavor and quality of the chocolate Splendor and the chicken flavored mixes. Both taste great and mix up easily. I've been using the chocolate Splendor mixed with milk for my Breakfast and the chicken flavor mixed with some chicken bouillon for my lunch. You just have to watch the Water temperature when preparing the Chicken flavor otherwise the whey will clump. It doesn’t change the taste, just the texture which can be weird. Both are quite filling and satisfying. I have tried the strawberry Sorbet mixed with lemonade also, and liked the taste, but need to work on the amounts mixed together to fine tune the beverage to better suit my taste for strawberry Lemonade. I've also tried the unflavored powder mixed with milk when I ran out of the chocolate. The milk still tasted like milk, and it was okay, but I did not like it as well as I do the Chocolate Splendor mixed with milk.

Most of my protein beverages are just shaken up; I do not use a blender or make them frozen for simplicity and time sake.

Some of my favorite flavor combinations are:

1. vanilla Protein Powder, SF Sunrise Orange drink (it’s like an orange Dreamsicle)
  2. ½ serving vanilla PP, ½ serving Chocolate Splendor PP ,4 oz. brewed coffee, chilled, 4 oz. skim milk
  3. Chocolate Splendor PP, 8 oz. skim milk, 1 or 2 servings PB2
  4. ½ serving Vanilla PP, ½ serving Chocolate Splendor, 8 oz. skim milk
  5. Chicken PP with less than a serving of chicken bouillon mixed with 8-10 oz. Water at 140 degs.

If you are looking for a high quality, great tasting, satisfying Protein Powder that is better than anything you will find in the stores, then this is the product you want to purchase. You can't go wrong, especially since they'll refund your money if you aren't pleased with the product.

Keep working your plan as best you can. Like many people have reminded me in the past, and I continue to remind myself......sip, sip, sip, protein, protein, protein, walk, walk, walk :)

Hello. I had my gastric sleeve conversion surgery (from a lapband) on 6/15/16. On the second day of my surgery I was confused on weather I had gas pains or if I was hungry. I was discharged on that Friday but the whole time that I was in the hospital I could drink all the 4oz cups that they brought in to eat. I saw my dr a week later and he chewed my head off telling me how much he regretted doing my conversion surgery because I had a piece of bacon, 3 tablespoons of Cereal and milk because I was feeling so very hungry, weak, dizzy ect and eating a bit of something or other took the edge off. I'm actually at the point of regretting getting this second surgery. Feeling depressed at times and all I've lost is 20lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi Sissi829!

I'm thinking the bacon might be what set him off :) It's not a great choice anytime but especially not during week 1. I'm so sorry for you that you're on a month of Clear liquids...that will be a challenge, but you can definitely do it! Is there a registered dietitian in your doctor's practice that can talk with you about options for high Protein Clear Liquids? I had my surgery on 6/21 and I really liked the lemonade flavored Isopure clear drink. It's very high Protein and kept me feeling full and not hungry while I was on clear liquids. I got mine at GNC.

It sounds like you may have stomach acid issues...did you have reflux prior to your surgery? I'm on a drug called Protonix for 3 months post-op to keep my stomach acid down, are you taking that or something like it? I've had zero hunger and other than swallowing Water too quickly, I don't have any pain anymore.

I hope things start going better for you, hang in there. If you were committed enough to have a second surgery, you can manage this phase :)

I am a gluten free lactose intolerant vegetarian that is 8 days post. My doctor told me to attempt to chew a piece of lunch meat the amount you would give to a 1 yr old. I have what feels like constant hunger pains that are not alleviated by prevacid. The food it was uncomfortable/like the shakes but at least I have a bit of energy to do more than go to the bathroom. I was consuming less that 300calories for the last 3 weeks pre thru post. So I am horribly malnourished..hydrated but mal nourished. Dr advised me to try to take in anything not acidic, sugary ,grainy or fibrous. So I will try to eat 1 bite every 2 hours plus a Protein drink if I can manage (if I can do that I will be up to 450cal/day) dr said I was indeed hungry and my body is in starvation mode so I will not lose weight of i don't get my calories in.

Sent from my XT1028 using the BariatricPal App

I am a gluten free lactose intolerant vegetarian that is 8 days post. My doctor told me to attempt to chew a piece of lunch meat the amount you would give to a 1 yr old. I have what feels like constant hunger pains that are not alleviated by prevacid. The food it was uncomfortable/like the shakes but at least I have a bit of energy to do more than go to the bathroom. I was consuming less that 300calories for the last 3 weeks pre thru post. So I am horribly malnourished..hydrated but mal nourished. Dr advised me to try to take in anything not acidic, sugary ,grainy or fibrous. So I will try to eat 1 bite every 2 hours plus a Protein drink if I can manage (if I can do that I will be up to 450cal/day) dr said I was indeed hungry and my body is in starvation mode so I will not lose weight of i don't get my calories in.

Oh wow! I'm sorry to hear that. I also read that reflux could cause that annoying hunger feeling.

Gastric Sleeve Surgery 6/15/16 Miami,Fl

33yrs/mother of 2boys /5'6"

highest weight 300s in 2002-03

lowest weight 193 in 2014

Hello. I had my gastric sleeve conversion surgery (from a lapband) on 6/15/16. On the second day of my surgery I was confused on weather I had gas pains or if I was hungry. I was discharged on that Friday but the whole time that I was in the hospital I could drink all the 4oz cups that they brought in to eat. I saw my dr a week later and he chewed my head off telling me how much he regretted doing my conversion surgery because I had a piece of bacon, 3 tablespoons of Cereal and milk because I was feeling so very hungry, weak, dizzy ect and eating a bit of something or other took the edge off. I'm actually at the point of regretting getting this second surgery. Feeling depressed at times and all I've lost is 20lbs.

Hi Sissi829!

I'm thinking the bacon might be what set him off :) It's not a great choice anytime but especially not during week 1. I'm so sorry for you that you're on a month of clear liquids...that will be a challenge, but you can definitely do it! Is there a registered dietitian in your doctor's practice that can talk with you about options for high Protein clear liquids? I had my surgery on 6/21 and I really liked the lemonade flavored Isopure clear drink. It's very high Protein and kept me feeling full and not hungry while I was on clear liquids. I got mine at GNC.

It sounds like you may have stomach acid issues...did you have reflux prior to your surgery? I'm on a drug called Protonix for 3 months post-op to keep my stomach acid down, are you taking that or something like it? I've had zero hunger and other than swallowing Water too quickly, I don't have any pain anymore.

I hope things start going better for you, hang in there. If you were committed enough to have a second surgery, you can manage this phase :)

Yeah the bacon just took folks overboard. my nutritionist is not helpful, she comes with the surgeon. I got a package deal. . I went to see her today and that was a waste of time but on the bright side she did up my follow up appointment with my dr for Friday instead of the original 21st. Let's see how that goes. Since he really didn't wanna hear what I had to say the last time we saw each other.

Who ever wrote milk is no nutritional value umm hello? Protein among other good Vitamins. The best Protein shake and plain yogurt (add Protein powder). I became lactose intolerant and the extra protein milk products gave was missed when I went to coconut. Any way if you can keep it up the protein will help you fill full. Too bad someone else cant cook for the kids or put the kids on your post op diet. Lean meats and veggies - no need to cook two meals. I had the full gastric bypass and was on soft foods by week 3 Dr approved. Jars of peaches, cream of wheat (yum), yogurt plain, no sugar added applesauce, canned pumpkin. Also I am hypoglycemic, perhaps you had that going on (low blood sugar) or were dehydrated. Put yourself and nutrition first for the post op healing your family will survive on healthy foods too. I am so lucky my family really helped and if they did eat 'bad' they did at restaurants without me! Don't give up!

Yeah, WLS is tough. And compliance is tough.

Guess what -- compliance is what's required for you to succeed long-term.

If you can't hack compliance, you're going to wind up in the same place you started -- obese.

I am totally serious about this. All this "Nobody's perfect, honey!" is a terrible response to someone who ate bacon five days post-op.

And yes, I've read every post here.

Shaking my damn head.

If you can't hack compliance, you're going to wind up in the same place you started -- obese.

I am totally serious about this. All this "Nobody's perfect, honey!" is a terrible response to someone who ate bacon five days post-op.

Shaking my damn head.

Well damn... Aren't we just the epitome of self control and discipline?!? If u were so good at it then you yourself wouldn't have needed surgery to begin with, with that said. I'm not on here be criticized or to be pitied. I searched for a forum to be informed, to find out if I was the only one going through things and to educate myself on something that I am new to. So please spare me with the self righteous bullshit! You and evry1 else who feels The need to taller about me Or My situation like u knw me. Everything is learned, unless u are so damn special that u were born knowing already.

This site is here to help people through this really tough transition. It is frustrating when posters get upset because people give them the straight skinny on the things that can happen.

The reality is we all need to be kicked in the butt when we don't follow the plan or when we simply disregard what our nuts or doctors tell us to do.

Honestly there may a reason why her doctor and nut both have her on a month long liquid diet following this surgery. If anything she should get a second opinion but no one should be telling her to disregard her surgeons instructions without having an MD and her complete medical history.

So much can go wrong when you have part of your stomach removed or rerouted and without understanding her MDs reason for putting her on a liquid diet, no one has any business telling her to do anything else besides to follow up and challenge her doctor or look for a 2nd opinion.

Incidentally if I were her doctor I would have told her the same thing. Maybe there is a history of her not following instructions that caused problems to begin with. WE DONT KNOW!

There are many experienced people on this board that are frustrated with the fact that people come on here and expect To get permission for something they themselves know is bad.

I am NOT scolding @sisi829, my words are pointed directly at those that give her permission to go off plan without understanding the other side of the story.

WE ARE NOT MD's and for the new folks just beginning this journey, many of us have experienced bad stuff that can happen.

What's worse is WLS is already looked upon negatively and every single person who has it and doesn't follow the rules may likely be unsuccessful down the road adding to that negativity.

For me, Losing 1/2 my body weight literally gave me my life back! Got rid of life threatening illnesses and literally saved me! That being said, I am a rule follower and believe that you will be more successful if you do what you are told.

To have WLS seen as a negative because people choose to ignore the important instructions that help them to be successful is absolutely MORONIC!

I am prepared and just in the mood for the backlash my post brings.....bring it on!

Shaking my damn head.

Well damn... Aren't we just the epitome of self control and discipline?!? If u were so good at it then you yourself wouldn't have needed surgery to begin with, with that said. I'm not on here be criticized or to be pitied. I searched for a forum to be informed, to find out if I was the only one going through things and to educate myself on something that I am new to. So please spare me with the self righteous bullshit! You and evry1 else who feels The need to taller about me Or My situation like u knw me. Everything is learned, unless u are so damn special that u were born knowing already.

I've lost 100 pounds. I've been below my goal weight for 14 months. I weigh 135 pounds. I am 70 years old.

I got to this point in the last two years -- by which I mean I have accomplished my WLS goals -- by being compliant with my surgeon's instructions. Period.

You can have your big fat hissy fit if you want to. And you can keep eating bacon if you want to. Or eat any damn thing you want to when "life gets too tough." See how far that gets you.

Nobody has it easy after WLS. Not you. Not me. Not anyone. It's tough.

So get tough. And you'll win, too.

@@VSGAnn2014

Well said! Congratulations on your getting to goal and maintaining it. How did you do it?

Oh, that's right YOU FOLLOWED THE PLAN!!!!

I say, let them eat cake or bacon in this case.....LOL

@@VSGAnn2014

Well said! Congratulations on your getting to goal and maintaining it. How did you do it?

Oh, that's right YOU FOLLOWED THE PLAN!!!!

I say, let them eat cake or bacon in this case.....LOL

I'm counting the days until I'm allowed to have "regular" food and hope my sleeve still enjoys bacon!!!

After surgery we were told a story about a cardiologist that came in to have surgery (I can't remember if it was the sleeve or bypass) and thought because he was a doctor he knew better than the bariatric surgeon. He ate something early on that wasn't allowed for his stage and ended up in surgery with a ruptured stomach. With something that can be potentially as life threatening as eating off plan, you can bet I'm sticking to what guidelines I've been given. I am in no hurry to rush anything at this point.

Edited by determinedtolive

Shaking my damn head.

I've lost 100 pounds. I've been below my goal weight for 14 months. I weigh 135 pounds. I am 70 years old.

I got to this point in the last two years -- by which I mean I have accomplished my WLS goals -- by being compliant with my surgeon's instructions. Period.

You can have your big fat hissy fit if you want to. And you can keep eating bacon if you want to. Or eat any damn thing you want to when "life gets too tough." See how far that gets you.

Nobody has it easy after WLS. Not you. Not me. Not anyone. It's tough.

So get tough. And you'll win, too.

Congratulations on your weight loss and all that you have accomplished. Your are the perfect example of a person that I would call a "keyboard worrier"! Why cause any1 can sit behind a cellphone or computer screen and talk out their ass all day and it wouldn't even matter. U don't knw me. U don't knw my life not what I've been through and harsh and being rude not only to me but for every1 else that's tried to give a positive comment doesn't make any more then any1 here. The only difference between u and I is that I'm 21 days into this and u are 14 months, so don't act like you forgot what it felt like the first couple of days and even weeks. Yes every1 struggles, evry1 feels depressed and evry1 at some point thought "what did I get myself into" and no1 deserves to be talked down to because u feel some type of way about what's being said. If u don't agree say that or just don't say shit at all, move on to another post or something. But how dare u act like u don't remember those 1st couple of days when u feel so crappy with something that's been done to you body and have no idea how to get rid of it or fix. So go shake you're damn head somewhere else if u don't have any other way of giving insight to a person without talking down to them.