Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What foods do you avoid?

Based on what I have learned in this process, especially based on my surgeon's advice, I make it a practice to specifically avoid high fructose corn Syrup and fake butter whenever possible.

What foods do you avoid?

http://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/food/50-foods-you-should-never-eat

bread, Pasta, low fat anything (cause that usually means higher carbs), fried foods, aspartame, sucralose.

Oh my gosh the list is too numerous to post here. At this stage I am still eating mostly Protein and getting in a few vegetables. Have a 6 month followup on July 25th so perhaps more foods will be added at that time.

bread, Pasta, white potatoes, rice, high fructose corn Syrup, added sugars, fruit juice....yes low fat stuff too because it usually has higher carbs, I've avoided fake butter since before surgery....

I try to eat foods that are as close to natural form as possible...EXCEPT I do do Protein shakes and bars ("frankenfood").

I try to avoid most meat and dairy... very, very rarely do I eat any beef or pork. Still have trouble with a lot of breads. I tried a piece of pizza at a 4th of July party this weekend, and had severe cramping for a good hour afterwards. I stick mainly to clean sources of food... lots of fruits, veggies, Beans, etc.

I try to avoid processed foods. (exception Protein shakes and bars)

I stay away from white potato, bread, rice and Pasta. (I'm in maintenance I eat whole wheat and plant based carbs in small amounts)

I'm not a fan of brown rice. I feel bloated afterward.

I try to avoid processed foods. (exception Protein shakes and bars)

I stay away from white potato, bread, rice and Pasta. (I'm in maintenance I eat whole wheat and plant based carbs in small amounts)

I'm not a fan of brow rice. I feel bloated afterward.

I want to say re my post and yours.... I agree with you about white potato/bread/rice/pasta in principle and almost said so in my post.I think whole grains are a solid healthy choice. I personally avoid them because they don't sit well in my stomach. Bread/pasta/potato sit like a doughy and rice is actually painful.

So I think they are healthy choices, I just personally don't eat them because they don't agree with me.

I avoid any prepackaged foods and fast foods like the plague. The great news is, I cannot stand them anyway so it honestly makes it easy to do.

I also limit bread, Pasta and rice to maybe once or twice per week.

I avoid Pasta, potatoes, most kinds of rice, most breads(but not all), anything breaded, fried, anything with more than 5g of sugar in it....really it's probably easier to say what I do eat than what I don't. I stick with simple unprocessed foods, beef, Beans, and fish mainly. I eat a lot of cheese and Jerky. My stomach doesn't handle most chicken or pork well and then after I've had my Protein serving, I'll fill in with salad, carrots, green beans or other fresh veggies, peaches in natural fruit juice with no sugar, or a few strawberries especially if my meal was spicy. It cuts the burn and allows me to wait comfortably til my 1hr post meal time to drink Water.< /p>

I almost forgot the most important things.....all nuts and nut butters. They are my ultimate slider food and I can't stop eating them. I could finish off a whole jar or a 1000 calories worth of nuts without blinking, so they do not come anywhere near my mouth.

I avoid fake sugar (I tend to use Stevia, but no other sugar substitutes), fake butters - and fat free dairy. I try to avoid corn products, or simple carbs for the most part.

I completely avoid artificial sweeteners (was addicted to Equal), use Stevia now.

I completely avoid alcohol and chocolate.

I avoid fruit juice, ice-cream and red meat, bread

Basically avoid any foods/drinks that my body reacts to in an unpleasant way