Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate posts like this, but 2 days until surgery and I am freaking out

@@MissKay Thanks MissKay, and hey neighbor!

@@VSGAnn2014 You always know the right thing to say ;) so I went through your list:

* Smarts - CHECK

* Incredibly positive attitude

* Sense of humor - CHECK

* Self-awareness - CHECK

* Supportive family members - CHECK (the ones that matter)

* A sense of self-reliance - DOUBLE CHECK
* Curiosity to learn and identify patterns - CHECK
* Willingness to change - HALF A CHECK
* Eagerness to comply with post-op instructions - PRE-OP I CAN SAY CHECK
* Ability to visualize a much better future -CHECK
* Self confidence (that grew as their successes grew)
* Gratitude for the opportunity to have WLS - CHECK
Just need to work on that positivity and self confidence I guess!!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you on this thread . I too am having doubts. I am 3 days out until surgery and have felt terrible on this pre op diet . All I keep thinking about is " AM I GOING TO FEEL THIS CRAPPY ON THE POST OP DIET ?" If so for how long ? It's seriously just drained me ! I'm moody , lethargic and we'll just miserable . Probably didn't help that I waited until my Preop diet to cut out my Diet Coke . Man I Miss it !

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I legit wanted to cancel my surgery right before too. I did mine in Mexico, so I had sent the deposit and I was still close to just saying forget it. I'm only 3 months out, but 70 lbs down and super happy with my choice. You will always have the choice to regain your weight you lose.. just remember it's on you, and you still will be the one in charge.. not fate!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

What kind of post-op care are you getting?
I'm not doing really any follow up care except with my PCP, which is basically blood work and I can call him if somethings wrong, but haven't had anything yet except the blood work. This forum and the Internet helps me a lot with questions that come up, especially in the early days when you think everything is a complication

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you on this thread . I too am having doubts. I am 3 days out until surgery and have felt terrible on this pre op diet . All I keep thinking about is " AM I GOING TO FEEL THIS CRAPPY ON THE POST OP DIET ?" If so for how long ? It's seriously just drained me ! I'm moody , lethargic and we'll just miserable . Probably didn't help that I waited until my Preop diet to cut out my Diet Coke . Man I Miss it !

Lol you'll feel crappy on post op, but not because you're hungry lol! You'll feel crappy cause you're full after 3 sips of broth and you'll be uncomfortable.. or bc of head hunger.. like oh I want taco bell but you'll know you can't ever eat that. You'll be just fine, and definitely not hungry.

I expected to feel crappy post op but didn't expect to feel so miserable on my preop diet . I know that none of this is easy by any means but seriously was blind sided by feeling literally sick from my Preop diet . I guess I should of watched and read more about Preop instead of obsessing on all the success stories . New admiration for all you VETS !

It's just your mind playing tricks on you. It happened to me too. I was excited and not scared at all until a week before my surgery. I think we are in disbelief, thinking something will come up and we won't actually make this change until the day comes. I started getting nervous and questioning my decision in the last minute too. Don't worry about it. If something horrible was meant to happen, it would have happened while I was crossing the street. This is a decision you have made in order to get your life back on track. There is nothing to regret there.

English is my 6th language so forgive me if my sentences don't make any sense at times!

5 years ago I cancelled my Sleeve surgery two weeks ahead of time. I had lost weight and such, but then, of course, gained it all back plus more and arthritis too boot-and my insurance covered most of it. I am now planning on surgery in November ($$).

Yes, the RYN may be the 'gold standard', but I personally prefer the sleeve and it seems you *could* convert if you needed to. Regardless, it is the change the surgery that is the scary part, not they type of surgery... (it does concern me a bit that your Doctor is so pro RYN, you need him to be an expert in YOUR surgery..)

I can only speak so much, as I have not had surgery yet, but to me keeping carbs down and Protein up will help you be successful and this surgery will help as a major, major tool, not a magic bullet, but a tool.

To help with pre-surgery jitters get everything ready. food you may need to buy, bills paid in advance, house de-cluttered for the post-surgery exhaustion, post surgery comfy clothes ready, etc. I just had ACL knee surgery a week ago and doing all those little things made this past week a million times better. Also, go lift some weights or yoga. There isn't much time for worry inside of those activities.

I think it will all go well and I wish you the best!

My surgery is tomorrow, just over 24 hours away. I can relate to the second-guessing, fears, etc but I'm going to practice what I've preached to my kids their entire lives: finish what you start! Yes, I'm a little nervous but the more I read testimonials of others, research the procedure, etc the more I anxious and excited I became; the excitement and anticipation far outweigh the fear and trepidation. Keep your eye on the prize and think about what lies ahead - or more specifically, think about what lies 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 12 months, and the rest of your life ahead rather than just 2 weeks ahead. You've got this!

Reading this is helpful.

Surgery is tomorrow morning. I can't believe it's here! I'm anxious no lie and I've thought about it all day that it is ok to cancel and try a medically supervised diet for a few months and see how I do.

I am so afraid of getting fat again. I've lost tons of weight but can never keep it off. This is the last resort, if I fail then I'm fat for life?

Failure cannot be an option! [emoji51]

HEY!!!

I haven't seen "the count down" in days. What's up with that????? ;)

NOW:

Shut your eyes

Count to three

JUMP!!!!!

(The water's fine. You'll like it here! )

Friend,

Valentina :)

Surgery went great. Started at 7:30ish and I woke up at 2! I was in a lot of pain in the drain area on my right side and of course at the incision sites. Sore throat from anesthesia. Pain meds have me very drowsy. They had me up and walking around an hour ago, just a little dizzy. Most pain comes from getting up and down, but got to brush teeth and feel so much better. Chewing ice chips and swallowing no problem. Gas pain went away as soon as I started self medicating. They are having me use a breathing device 10x per hour to help lungs recover. The hospital staff here is amazing!

So there! Told ya so!!! :)

WELCOME TO THE LOSERS' BENCH!!!!

Rest here for a moment or two.

THEN

Get your arse up and get mov'n!!!

Happy day, my friend. :)

Surgery went great. Started at 7:30ish and I woke up at 2! I was in a lot of pain in the drain area on my right side and of course at the incision sites. Sore throat from anesthesia. Pain meds have me very drowsy. They had me up and walking around an hour ago, just a little dizzy. Most pain comes from getting up and down, but got to brush teeth and feel so much better. Chewing ice chips and swallowing no problem. Gas pain went away as soon as I started self medicating. They are having me use a breathing device 10x per hour to help lungs recover. The hospital staff here is amazing!

I felt like clapping after reading your post. You did it!

English is my 6th language so forgive me if my sentences don't make any sense at times!