Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

C25k. Keeping myself honest

5k complete. Beautiful weather, and had a blast. I did much better than expected and ran it in 30:30 (mile splits were 9:42, 9:42, 10:13, so really close to sub 30). My 14-year old daughter finished first in the under 19 group with a time of 25:44. My 12 year old son (no training and never ran anything) finished 4th overall and 1st in the under 19 male group with a time of 21:44... so sub 7 min pace the little sh!?, lol. A figure a few more 5k's under my belt and I'll be ready to start working towards the 10K.

Btw, today is my first surgiversary... reason I picked this 5k.

post-256777-0-83888000-1475335608_thumb.jpg

Edited by goblue9280

What a speedy family! CONGRATS!

Way to go!! That is so impressive!! Next step 10K app!! I hurt my hip and haven't run in 2 weeks. It is killing me! I will have to live vicariously through you.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@goblue9280 That's an awesome way to Celebrate your surgiversary! Don't let the kids' times discourage you. When I ran my first half marathon back in April, there was a 5k that same day that started a half hour later. Well, this 12 year old girl accidentally got into the crowd that started the half marathon and didn't realize her mistake until well into the race. She ended up finishing the entire half marathon with zero training. Not only that, but she passed me with maybe 400 yards to go at the end of the race. She beat me by 43 seconds. :P

I had trained for that race for almost 4 months....

@jamielogical. That is a great story! I wonder if running is like learning a language. It is easier the younger you start

@@goblue9280 That's an awesome way to Celebrate your surgiversary! Don't let the kids' times discourage you. When I ran my first half marathon back in April, there was a 5k that same day that started a half hour later. Well, this 12 year old girl accidentally got into the crowd that started the half marathon and didn't realize her mistake until well into the race. She ended up finishing the entire half marathon with zero training. Not only that, but she passed me with maybe 400 yards to go at the end of the race. She beat me by 43 seconds. :P

lol, I remember reading that I believe... didn't it make national news? I knew my kids would beat me, so had no issue with it. I was happy to finish it strong and run for the entire duration... those were my two main goals. On the positive side, with it being my first 5k, I set a personal record!

lol, I remember reading that I believe... didn't it make national news? I knew my kids would beat me, so had no issue with it. I was happy to finish it strong and run for the entire duration... those were my two main goals. On the positive side, with it being my first 5k, I set a personal record!

Yeah, it was in the national news. My parents called me up and asked me about it and they live in PA, so they had seen it on the national news. I remember her passing me at the very end and feeling discouraged enough about getting passed by a kid. It wasn't until the next day that I found out she was only supposed to have been running the 5K!

I think you did really awesome with your 5K time. Better than I've ever done and I've run lots of 5Ks.

Just finished Race 2 - the mermaid series - it was a nice run - the earliest i have run before - I was able to shave 5 minutes off - so i finished in 34:48. Next week is a 5 mile in texas with my family.

Awesome!!!!

I just finished week 1 of c25k. If you all don't mind, I thought I could post here to keep myself motivated. I have really enjoyed week 1. Very proud that I have been able to do it. I had rny gastric bypass on April 26 of this year. I'm down about 115 over all (60 since surgery). I am feeling great in general. I don't have a 5k in mind currently, but am still excited about c25k.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App