Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

C25k. Keeping myself honest

Also as a side note, I have noticed my stamina is better too. We went for work to a trampoline park and did dodgeball and general jumping. I did 2 hours!! Never could have done that before!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by goplay94123

Whoop whoop. Did the 2.5 miles today. It took about 30 minutes but I will take it ! Tomorrow is the sf triathlon Maybe it will be me one day!post-286600-14717529826812_thumb.jpg

I think I need to avoid the back to back runs - I went out sunday to catch up and am really sore in my hips and thighs and i feel tired. I will go out Wed - it is supposed to be the 2.75 mile day - but we shall see! I will just keep thinking "I think i can I think I can"

Yesterday I tried to do the 2.5 miles in 25 minutes again - but i was really tired so i settled for 2.0 miles in 27 minutes

I definitely don't recommend doing runs two days in a row. If you need/want to do cardio on your off days, then try some sort of cross-training. You will definitely have a harder time recovering and be more likely to injure yourself if you run multiple days in a row.

I definitely don't recommend doing runs two days in a row. If you need/want to do cardio on your off days, then try some sort of cross-training. You will definitely have a harder time recovering and be more likely to injure yourself if you run multiple days in a row.

I can second this. See my post earlier in the thread. I did not have good results. There is a reason the program is designed like it is. It is awesome that we have been bit by the running bug but you definitely need that day off.

Yeah I am paying for it. I am at 3 days off now and will try Friday. I need to slow down :(

Week 6 done... was suppose to finish week 6 last week but only got in 1 run due to all the thunderstorms last week in Houston. So I restarted week 6 this week.

Just ran 2 straight miles for the first time in my life. Did the fastest mile thus far (10:12) and was really pushing it to get past 2 miles in the 22 minute allotment. Ended up covering 2.75 miles in the 32 minute workout (includes 5 min walking warmup and cool down). I'm absolutely spent... but in a good way! 2 weeks to go and 1 month until the 5k.

Holy shit!! 10:12??? Amazing!! And here I was about to post how excited I was to hit 11:29! I finally felt OK to run again after a week off for injury. I am in la jolla ca for business and just did an epic excursion and I am super proud of myself. I did 1.75 miles on a trail running at a 11:30 or so pace. Turned around and did a walking excursion trail out to a scenic view for about 1 mile out and 1 mile back. Then ran another mile after a mile walk. My hip and knee hurt a bit from the trail so I didn't want to push it. But I feel amazing and so proud of myself!!! I forgot that if I went down I had to walk back up!! But I did it! I never could have before!

Also (this has nothing to do with running but I also feel super proud of this) after the run I went to the jacuzzi in a bathing suit to soothe my legs and sat there and talked to a guy for 45 minutes. IN A BATHINGSUIT!! I rock. Hahahapost-286600-14727850811897_thumb.jpg

The 5 k is next week. Wish me luck!!post-286600-14727849379269_thumb.jpg

@@goplay94123 Sounds like a great adventure. I'd count the bathing suite and hot tub chat as part of the adventure! All things that I imagine would have been WAY outside your comfort zone not too long ago!

Don't fret about pace. That's something you can work on much later, once you've gotten your stamina and conditioning where you need it to be.

Today is the day!!!! I may end up walking but I am going to try to run. I have a pinched nerve in my neck and shoulder and am on meds but I am going to try.

I did a practice 1 mile day before yesterday and it was brutal. But I will go slow and steady tonight. I will post how it goes either way!!

@@goplay94123 Good luck! I am confident you can finish, even if you end up having to walk a lot of it.

JPMCC San Francisco 3.2 Miles: Kimberly S... Finish in 39:43. Pace 12:25. Presented by J.P. Morgan. I ran the whole time with a stop for Water and to take off my jacket!

Edited by goplay94123

I promised a pic so here it is!!post-286600-1473396964764_thumb.jpg

@@goplay94123 That is a fantastic pace and time! You must be so psyched!

I really really am! The plan is to do 2 more and start the 10k app!! Onward and upwards