Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

C25k. Keeping myself honest

@@goplay94123 -- you are definitely living up to your BP nickname. ;)

Seriously, great work. You be cool.

It is hard to believe with this beautiful surrounding that I spent 90% of my free time sitting on my couch watching tv.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ok. Week 3 day 1 is completed. It was hard! It increased to 3 minutes at a time. I did it though, even if it was really slow. It was very hot compared to normal. I did the fitness court at the end as well. With the app they have as well. It had a voice over on top of a techno type music that told you when you were at 30 seconds remaining and 15 and when to move stations. Pretty fun! I did however cheat on my diet. When I went to the deli to get some low sodium turkey breast for lunch, I asked for a sample of the red white and blue potato salad. And I had a sample spoon full. Shoot me. Hahaha. It was good! That was, by the way, the first piece of potato I have had since 1 month pre surgery.

This week will be tough to do the remaining 2 days of the training. I am shooting for wednesday and Friday. Thursday I am seeing peter Gabriel and sting in concert and cannot wait. PG is my all time favorite singer!

Week 3 day 2 done. I think I am going to knock day 3 out tomorrow. I went out a bit early today because I had to use my groupon for. Sensory deprivation chamber, also called a flotation chamber. It was my first time. Once I got relaxed I really liked the weightless feeling it gave me. Probably about 30 min in I was starting to relax and when they knocked to tell me it was time to get out I didn't remember the last 20 minutes. I highly recommend!

Edited by goplay94123

I was out of town for a few days, so I wasn't on BP. But I am happy to see you've been keeping up with your C25k and you are out enjoying the scenery!

Well, I did week 3 day 3 today and it was good! But I shouldn't have "read ahead" for week 4 day 1. Sounds hard! If I make it week 4 I will be really proud of myself!

goplay, those photos are awesome! I am going to San Fransisco for the first time at the end of the year. It will be my first time in the Northern hemisphere! You are getting me very excited

I started with the C25K and am now running 50km a week. It is amazing as I could barely run for 30 seconds when I started. The lighter you are, the easier it gets, so keep that in mind. As you become a stronger runner, you will also be losing weight.

Running 10km is as difficult for me at this weight as it was when I started C25K thirty kg heavier.

I hope I can one day feel the same about a half marathon Jamie!

Make sure to message me when you come! We can go for a nice run :)

I hope to keep up with you ! Love the views you have! I am on week four day two ......... I might redo day 1 , as I felt I didn't do well,

Keep up the good work !!

the jump from week 3 to 4 is always tough. You go from a total of 9 minutes of running to 16 minutes of running!

I did it!!! I did it!!! 2 bursts at 5 minutes each! I seriously about peed my pants I was so excited!!! I have to try out new routes now because I go farther. Today it was nice and breezy so I went down to Chrissy field. It is very popular because it is a long straight stretch. I tend to like to explore and loop different places but decided today to keep it in one straight path. I knew it would be a tough one and I didn't want to be where there were a lot of people milling around after work.

I have to say, I am damn proud of myself! Thanks for all the support!post-286600-14688934952987_thumb.jpg post-286600-14688935181068_thumb.jpg

Edited by goplay94123

Fantastic!!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

@@goplay94123 That is so awesome! Congratulations!

I started the C25k program last week... I'm using the timed interval app from zenlabs. Running M, W, Fri... so I have W2D2 tonight. My 14 year old (cross country running) daughter has been coming out with me and acting as my trainer, lol... makes sure I'm staying hydrated in this ridiculous Texas heat.

So far so good... no issues with muscle or joint soreness/pain/etc. I know that will likely change as the running intervals ramp up. My main issue right now is learning how to properly breath. I'm now aware that I have no rhythm to my breathing, so need to get that straightened out. Probably need to slow my pace a bit on the runs to get my breathing in order. Hoping to be able to run my first 5k on my surgi-versary (Oct 1st.)

Edited by goblue9280

My breathing is always difficult for the first few minutes and I have that ' you are never going to be able to do this' dialogue on repeat. I then get into a rhythm and can run for another hour.

I think I could benefit from seeing a running coach.