Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

C25k. Keeping myself honest

Ok. I have started and stopped the c25k program many times and really need to commit. I was nominated to be captain of my company's 5k charity race n September so I really have to commit. I am inspired every time I read running posts from @@JamieLogical and really want to get to where she is. So I am going to post here for myself and try and keep motivated and stick to it.

I just finished week 1 and it felt great. I did about an hour total each of the 3 days with a 15 minute pre and post walk. And about 2.7 miles give or take. I am rather slow.

Here is a picture from the top of the hill. That foggy bridge in the back is the Golden Gate Bridge.

I walk ran from my house to a little past ghiradelli square and back.

post-286600-14676037233466_thumb.jpg

Let's see if I can keep it up next week during the work week!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It is a potentially fun journey. Enjoy it and you live in a great place to work it. Be thankful for that

Give it a good go. I started the C25k after reading about Jamie logical and I have to say she inspired me. I completed the course and now I run 5 days out of 7 and I even ran whilst on holiday in Cyprus. I never ever thought I would enjoy running but I do !

Ok. I am going to try and c25k to the office tomorrow morning. I wanted to go to bed early but the fireworks are hindering that

You guys are going to make me cry! I am so happy to have inspired and motivated you!

Running is not for everyone, but it's for a lot more of us than we probably think. I never ever would have thought I could be a "runner", but programs like C25k really make it possible for any of us who don't have chronic injuries.

Sunday I ran a half marathon. Not officially, just for my full marathon training. I was scheduled to do 12 miles for my long run and between my warm up and cool down, it ended up being a full 13.1 miles. Crazy!

post-286600-0-44119000-1467731581_thumb.pngWell - it was a half assed attempt this morning - I got up at 6 and got dressed and headed out - and started the warm up and first run segment- but quickly realized that it is not comfortable to run with a backpack full of clothes and a purse. - I need to keep clothes and a towel here at the office and not bring with me. I did, however, walk the whole way to the office at a brisk pace (for me) - I will not count today as a run or program day and will try and do it tonight when i am home. But I got up and had the intention to do it so that is half the battle. I am excited though - I have worked in this building on and off for 16 years coincidentally and I literally live at the top of the street about 2 miles and i drive every day. Everyone always asked why i don't walk or bike etc - and i always had an excuse (though it is mostly the big hills that scare me) and yesterday I walked home and today I walked to work - so it is doable - and didn't take that long - In my mind it would take 1.5 hours and took a little over 30 minutes so not bad.

Edited by goplay94123

Hey Jamie that's fantastic not sure if I'm up to a half marathon yet!

Go play the most important thing is that you have made a start. It looks a fine place to be running!

Ok! Week 2 day 1 complete! I forgot to set my Fitbit to see how far I went. 90 seconds feels like it is 3 times longer than 60 seconds. But I never was good at math! Today my path took me from my house to the palace of fine arts. It is a 100% flat run which worked out well. Day 2 will either be tomorrow (though I think we'd will be a rest day) or Friday. I am having some facial work done Thursday so I am supposed to stay out of the sun for 3 days. But it is always foggy in sf!

post-286600-0-03043300-1467765718_thumb.jpg

Edited by goplay94123

@@goplay94123 That's beautiful! Should be great motivation to run!

Week 2 day 2 all done. I ran along the Water this time but I probably won't do that again. It is way too windy. But not all together unpleasant. I felt like the time passed quickly which is good. I was surprised when the app said 1 minute left.

Today took me by Alcatraz. Too bad it is so foggy!post-286600-14678540361829_thumb.jpg post-286600-14678540361829_thumb.jpg

Ok! Week 2 day 3 completed. I did the palace of fine arts route again. I felt good at the end. So much so I decided to do an extra 30 minute walk. I also finally decided to try out the fitness court. It is a series of stations with low intermediate and advanced directions for all 7 areas. Pretty darn cool. I. Think I will try and finish with this each time. Once u get over feeling like people are staring it is fine. I changed my mindset from "they must think I am weird" to "they must think I'm fit". On to week 3! Wish me luck!post-286600-14681220682471_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hey goplay

Are you using an app for your C25K? If so, which one? I'm interested in trying this....never been a runner, but I'll give it a go!

Yes. I downloaded c25k. It took me a few months to actually do it. I would start and stop. But I HAVE to keep it up! I am sure it will continue to get harder but I can do it!

Edited by goplay94123

Trying to attach a pic. post-286600-14681694100267_thumb.jpg

Ok great, thanks! That's the one I was looking at too.

Keep up the great work! You sure are in a beautiful area for running!