Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nothing has made me sick

6 weeks post op (on July 5th) and nothing has made me sick yet...I'm on regular diet now and have tried most things and nothing has come back up. Is that weird or normal? I was fully expecting to puke!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Be grateful. I vomited for over 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

6 weeks post op (on July 5th) and nothing has made me sick yet...I'm on regular diet now and have tried most things and nothing has come back up. Is that weird or normal? I was fully expecting to puke!

Weird? Normal??

With WLS nothing is "weird" --and really one person's "normal" could easily be another person's "weird".

You are indeed fortunate to have an "iron" sleeve. :)

It sounds like you are staying on track and following your plan without any derailments.

Good for you for doing a great job!

Best wishes for continued joyful journey, Friend.

You're making the very best of your "honeymoon" period of your WLS journey. It's so refreshing to hear about someone who is having such a successful post op experience.

You could be a WLS poster person!

Best wishes.

Good for you. I was thrilled that I never got sick either. No pain, no nausea. 2 1/2 years out and I've never puked. be thankful.

This was me until about month four, and idk if I ate my yogurt to quickly or was just reacting to the Ursodiol or something but I threw up and was sick for days.

I'm fine now. Closing in on 6 months. And haven't been sick since. But rejoice in not being sick now but be aware that throwing up and dumping can happen at any time. Listen to your body.

Funny you should post this. I was thinking the same thing about myself and I'm about 7 weeks out - yesterday I had an issue and I puked. Not sure if I waited to long to eat or ate too fast or ate too much. It was not pleasant

I'm two weeks out and I haven't gotten sick either. I've been on puréed foods the whole time and I've tried everything. Moved onto soft foods and still no problems. I've read that people can't handle eggs. I've just kinda been waiting for some type of pain, nausea, or vomiting and I haven't even come close.

If you are eating appropriate portions and taking your time, it is not that unusual.

I'm two weeks post today and I haven't particularly experienced any problem foods either but I've probably had a grand total of five things, all liquid. I hope to be like you during the more normal food phases.

Congrats! I never really got sick either, and could tolerate everything. One time I ate too fast and had an issue, but other than that I've been good.

I am the same way, nothing bothers me