Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post-292425-14675187388206_thumb.jpg

So I purchased a fit bit last week just to try it out because I wanted to keep track of how often I was active and have something to motivate me to move, this is my 3rd day having it and I doubled my stepping goal! I had it set at 5,000 and thought I would challenge myself to 10,000 and I made it over! Never would have been able to do this before surgery because of how bad my knees were from a car accident and my weight making it worst, but now that the weight is coming off its getting easier and easier! Btw fitbits are great for motivation, it's working for me!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

OMG I LOVE MY FITBIT ALTA. I was just telling my husband how excited I was to hit every single one of my goals today. Lol. Our stats from today are super similar!!post-294798-14675242452414_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I am having my surgery August 8th and my birthday is 2 days after that so I told my fiancé that I wanted a Fitbit and the Fitbit scale to go with it for my birthday. They look like they are a great source of motivation.

I am having my surgery August 8th and my birthday is 2 days after that so I told my fiancé that I wanted a Fitbit and the Fitbit scale to go with it for my birthday. They look like they are a great source of motivation.

My surgery is Aug 8th too! I really want to get the fitbit scale, my cousin told me how great it is.

My surgery is Aug 8th too! I really want to get the fitbit scale, my cousin told me how great it is.

Oh boy were gonna be recovering together. I hope it's good because all my scales at home suck pretty bad.

Lol, I have a tiny scale, meant for small bathrooms, it is like 3 inches x 5 inches. Lol.

I have the Withings scale and use the free Map my walk app. They both feed into the My Fitness Pal app. I walk a 6.1 mile loop by my house every morning. Has been working great so far. I do find that the My Fitness Pal probably credits twice the amount of calories for the exercise than what really burned. I just half the amount it says. I'm a week shy of two months and I'm down a total of 65 lbs and 35 lbs since surgery. The first 30 lbs lost was pre surgery on the liver reduction diet over a 5 week period.

I love my fitbit! I'm on my fourth one (!) - I lost the last one and it was amazing how lost I was without it. I find the little green bars are a great motivator to stay over 10,000 steps every day. It also makes me much more aware of how little I move when I stay at home on the weekends, so I definitely get out more. I also have the Aria scale and I love and hate the fact that there's no fudging the facts when it comes to recording weight!

Have a Garmin VivoSmart here, really like it. Was orriginally planing on picking up a FitBit but liked the fact that the VivoSmart was waterproof. Went snorkeling with it while in the Bahamas last week, love it.

I love my Fitbit Charge HR. Anxiously awaiting delivery of my Aria scale! Hopefully will have it tomorrow so I can get it all set up and get my first weigh in on it before my surgery on Tuesday!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

For fellow Fitbit lovers. This was an enjoyable read and I love David Sedaris

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/06/30/stepping-out-3

For fellow Fitbit lovers. This was an enjoyable read and I love David Sedaris

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/06/30/stepping-out-3

I liked this one. Lol. Very entertaining.