Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One unexpected side effect of getting smaller is the hair follicles are closer together on my back and arms. That really concentrated the back hair. For a blond guy, I can look like a dang gorilla if I don't watch it. I've tried:

• Laser removal (its supposed to be permanent, but apparently I have the wrong color hair for it to be effective).
  • Waxing (painful as hell, and I have to use benadrill to keep from having welts)
  • Nair (burns like heck, even when I follow the directions to the letter, and it stinks up the house)

I'd shave it, but couldn't reach all the spots. Until now. This thing works: https://www.amazon.com/MANGROOMER-Yourself-Electric-Back-Shaver/dp/B000HQ0L2E

Very helpful. Not going to suggest it is going to get you "smooth" but at least it will get you presentable. If your significant other wants smooth, invite her to the shower.

If my significant other expected me to change, I'd find another significant other.

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

I know this is men only, but do hope it is okay to post if only to follow.

We just recently started shaving the husband's back because we've really gotten into swimming and it is a real pain to get sunblock into his skin due to the thick hair, so got the razor and shaving cream out and he looked fantastic... for about 12 hours. And then his back got really red and splotchy and he got lots of little bumps that I am assuming are ingrown hairs.

He's naturally curly haired, and despite me exfoliating his skin and using a new razor, it seems like using a standard razor at all is going to cause this issue because of the nature of how the razor works (pulling the hair out enough to cut it so it is slightly below the skin surface level, lending it to becoming ingrown much easier). The solutions I've read so far are to just use an electric razor and deal with the stubble, or get an old fashioned safety razor that uses the real razor blades, and use bristle brush and shaving soap.

Hope someone has some ideas about this because he really liked having the hair gone and it is so frustrating that his skin kind of hates it. :(

@FrankiesGirl

I used benadril cream/spray (cuts down on inflammation). Also using a shower scrunchy seems to help.

Here are some interesting tips to try:

https://help.getbevel.com/hc/en-us/articles/200595223-Why-do-I-get-ingrown-hairs-and-razor-bumps-How-can-I-prevent-razor-bumps-and-ingrown-hairs-

I agree, I was furry before surgery and now I am like an ape! I do shave... I actually enjoy getting my back waxed. My hair, even what is left on my head is very fine, but it is like my head hair migrated down my back... so getting it waxed isn't a terrible feeling, although I do have a high pain tolerance. I actually wondered how that device worked out? I shave my head, but I constantly miss spots and I would imagine the same thing would happen with my back, as I wouldn't be able to see my back.

@@defibvt - try to do most of it without the mirror. It seems to mess your aim up. Only use the mirror to check and finish. I actually do the initial round in the back yard (mine is very private) so I don't have hair in the bathroom.

@@defibvt - try to do most of it without the mirror. It seems to mess your aim up. Only use the mirror to check and finish. I actually do the initial round in the back yard (mine is very private) so I don't have hair in the bathroom.

oooh to be a little birdie flying over your back yard... ;)

Your nesting birds must love you leaving all of your "fur" all over the place for them to pick up and use for nesting materials. What a naturalist you are.

I really think that we ladies who haven't seen our "lady bits" in years, would love this extended razor. I know that I still have "lady bits"--down there somewhere, and want to keep from looking like "Gubbaca" whenever I put on my swim suit. To actually be able to reach areas that I have to pick up skin to find (TMI?? :) ) would be a glorious thing.

How's that for your "mental eye"? Sorry.... :)

Nair for Men....comes in a cream and a spray can. I have a "lotion applicator" on a stick so I can do it myself.....but the easiest thing to do is to ask my spouse to donate me 2 minutes per month slather me.

Been doing his long before surgery. Trying to stay pretty while pushing 50 is a labor of love! :)

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App