Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

" data-cite="crisp fall weather " data-ipsquote-timestamp="1467343684">

What a great birthday present! Our stats are very similar. I'm 38, 5'11 and present weight is 265(pre surgery), my HW was 286. Just curious, what is your GW? Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to surgery (sleeve).

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

170 is my goal weight.....or maybe slightly under that. It will be 50% of my body weight lost. :) I'm focusing my concentration more on just getting stronger and attempting to tone up as much as I can.

I feel in love with spin class yesterday (I was always terrified to try it!) and am going to start incorporating spin into my routine.

And I'm signing up for the Everglades half marathon which is in November. I focus better on working out when I have a goal to accomplish. It's motivating. :)

@@treblecutie23I am right there with you on the skin front. I never thought it would bother me as much as it actually does. It hurts and can be a nasty place for body odor.

Ditto on the deodorant comment above.

Like every other amazing female killing it in the gym....I don't sweat, I glisten. :) LOL

But yes, thank you deodorant and dry fit!

@@treblecutie23

Good for you! I called my sleeve surgery a 30th birthday gift to myself and plastics was the birthday gift for the next year. I also didn't really think the skin would bother me and it kinda didn't much until I realized how much better it could be. I had a Lipo consult and then I randomly said...hey, I wonder what new boobs would be like. I liked the surgeon so much I went back later that week for a Tummy Tuck consult and a year later I had had arms, boobs, stomach, back, and thighs done. It was a long process of recovery, but it's been over a year now since my last surgery and everyday I am thankful that I had the work done. I can wear clothing I never could have worn before, I'm a few sizes smaller purely because I don't have to make room for extra skin anymore, and for the first time ever I can wear things like crop tops and strapless tops. Plastics is wonderful and you will be thrilled with the results.

As for the guy...don't let stupid bother you. There are some people who won't date you because of skin- this is true and something I've accepted. I know that my thighs are not awesome because I went with the groin incision lift and I know there are men in the world who won't like me because my legs aren't great looking. They might also not like me because I have a scar that runs around my waist or because I have scars on my arm or because when I flatiron my hair it's kinda thin or because my teeth aren't perfectly straight or because of a million superficial reasons that are unique for everyone. I can't blame them...there are things that I don't find attractive in a guy and I will be honest (hopefully if guys read this on here no one is offended), I wouldn't date a guy who had a lot of loose skin or a guy who was obese. It's just not something I'm attracted to. I also don't really like blonde guys (it's like dating a Ken doll), I'm not into guys with long hair, I don't love a lot of beard, I don't do excessive piercings, under 5'7 doesn't float my boat, guys with no ambition, intelligence or who live with their mom aren't my thing, and I don't date guys with kids....not because I don't like kids but because I know at this point I wouldn't be a good parent. We all have things that make us unattracted and unattractive to others - this doesn't mean anything is wrong with you or him (ok he is a tool for actually saying it, but feeling it is ok), just the way things go.

Good luck in surgery! I'm sure you will love the finished version of the new you!

I've chosen a plastic surgeon and will be moving forward with skin surgery in December! A flor de lis Tummy Tuck and breast implants will be my 30th bday present to myself!

Congratulations!

Can I just tell you how much I like your forum name. High functioning fat man. Spectacular.

Like someone said, it's just finishing what you've started.

Thanks for sharing pics...I'm happy for you and can't wait to see the results from your surgery.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I've chosen a plastic surgeon and will be moving forward with skin surgery in December! A flor de lis Tummy Tuck and breast implants will be my 30th bday present to myself!

Congratulations!

Can I just tell you how much I like your forum name. High functioning fat man. Spectacular.

Why thank you!

@@treblecutie23I am right there with you on the skin front. I never thought it would bother me as much as it actually does. It hurts and can be a nasty place for body odor.

Ditto on the deodorant comment above.
Like every other amazing female killing it in the gym....I don't sweat, I glisten. :) LOL

But yes, thank you deodorant and dry fit!

I told my wife about your "glisten" comment because she worked out at the gym today. This is a direct quote from my wonderful, beautiful wife. "I worked out so hard today that I sweat more than a prostitute in front of a preacher on confession day ". Apparently she doesn't glisten lol!

@@treblecutie23,

Congratulations on your weight loss and your decision to get skin removal surgery! It’s completely your decision, not something that others can make for you. Even wanting it off for cosmetic reasons is a good enough justification if you feel that way, but knowing that it’s uncomfortable, too, makes it sound like surgery is an even better idea! Good luck with it, and hopefully you can find other reminders of your journey besides 10 lbs. of skin hanging from your stomach, like how great you look every time you see yourself in a photo or a mirror. :)

OK, so I turned 63yrs last Valentine's Day and am having skin surgery . Old bitty, right? ;)

I've already had my initial consultation and have been approved by my insurance company.

My bariatric surgeon, plastic surgeon AND orthopod all sent in statements stating that, in their opinion I need to have my excess skin removed to help stabilize my spine which has been reconstructed .

AND as long as "plastics" is down in the area, I'm having my lady bits made "pirdy" and my thighs lifted off of my ankles--- :). the insurance approved all of it.

I don't think that age should be a deciding factor. If one needs the surgery to improve their ADL---activities of daily living, then the surgery should be done.

I truly believe that in the future skin surgery will be a routine follow up procedure for WLS and will be paid for by the same insurance company automatically. It only makes sense.

To the OP:

It's really too bad that you are no long associating with that "nice man" who had such positive advice for you. Why? Because if you were you could serve him "back fat" and eggs for Breakfast after your surgery. No hinting about where the "back fat" came from. ;)

And always remember:

I still have a flashlight and a shovel! ;)

I was wondering if I could have insurance pay for skin removal if deemed "medically necessary".....is it only for tummy or can you have arms done too for "medical reasons"???

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Unfortunately, in today's world the insurance companies have the say about who gets to have skin removal surgery.

The surgery is supposed to be "medically necessary", and THE INS. CO. gets the final say.

A strong statement from your doctors will certainly help and then a peer to peer review if you are denied also will your chances of getting approved.

It doesn't hurt to try and get skin surgery approved.

Good luck.

Skin removal was a big deal, but I am so glad I did it! I had a lower body lift, breast lift and small implants, arm lift - all 3 amazing results. Later I had a thigh lift (not such a good plan).

I made this collage because there is a photo of me with no spans, post weight loss.... Wow what a difference getting rid of that skin! The thigh lift was later because ( sad to say) thighs really get worse not better.post-122684-0-58531900-1467641808_thumb.jpeg

I like to think of myself as a pretty grounded guy, not actually vain about my appearance; however more and more lately I have found myself identifying with the people that have had skin removal. I have worked really hard and I believe I have some pretty good muscle development, but I can't see a lot of it because of the excess skin. On top of that, I am getting ingrown hairs, rashes, and these strange... hickey type marks. I don't know how to describe them, but when the skin gets folded while I am sleeping I wake up with long red lines all over me torso.

I hope your procedure goes smoothly and I can't wait to see the results as I am truly curious.

keep a diary of these issues in case you pursue skin removal.

You look amazing @@CowgirlJane! I'm hesitant on my thighs and they are def on the back burner. She recommended just an upper inner thigh lift down the road but I'm hesitant. And shy of being naked or in a bathing suit ((luckily for me)) it's really not noticeable in clothes. It does bother me tho.

Ok first of all, HOLY CRAP! I just viewed your profile (yes I'm a creeper sometimes >.>) and OH MY WORD. You don't even look like the same person... I had to look several times. I would have guessed your previous self was maybe 40 years old. Now, you look 25. That is crazy!!! O_O The skin looks uncomfortable more than anything. I actually doesn't look that bad... I love your positivity on how you're proud of it. You should be! So proud of you!

I think it's so amazing that people look younger when they lose weight. I'm 24 and people always think I'm under the legal age. I can't imagine how young I'll look when I lose my weight. I hate always having to carry my I.D. :wacko: But, I won't complain! :P

Edited by Hiraeth

Ok first of all, HOLY CRAP! I just viewed your profile (yes I'm a creeper sometimes >.>) and OH MY WORD. You don't even look like the same person... I had to look several times. I would have guessed your previous self was maybe 40 years old. Now, you look 25. That is crazy!!! O_O The skin looks uncomfortable more than anything. I actually doesn't look that bad... I love your positivity on how you're proud of it. You should be! So proud of you!

I think it's so amazing that people look younger when they lose weight. I'm 24 and people always think I'm under the legal age. I can't imagine how young I'll look when I lose my weight. I hate always having to carry my I.D. :wacko: But, I won't complain! :P

Aww thank you!!!! I actually got carded tonight!!!!! It made me really happy. lol.

....I did go to a spin class to justify and earn that beer!!!! I rarely drink...but when I do I try and earn it at the gym. :)

But yea. I don't recognize myself a lot of the time. Now or when I look at old pics. It's bizarre.

This skin is def super uncomfortable but also emotionally difficult to carry. Its something I can't wait to be rid of.

I wore a size small pencil skirt to work today. Got called "tiny"! but I don't think I'll ever feel "small" with this much skin hanging. Hopefully once it's gone.

Spin is def a new obsession, and something I never thought I'd try or be capable of doing. It's intense. And while I've only been going a couple of weeks.....it blows my mind every time that I'm able to keep up with the super crazy fit people in there. I leave feeling strong and bad ass awesome. It's a total high. :)