Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery postponed

Im ???? my surgery was postponed.... Got my bloodwork back and Iron way too low have to get a Iron infusion.. stress test showed issues with my ❤ i have to see a cardiologist to get cleared.. I know its for the best but i was right there 2 days aways and BOOM!!!

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

I'm sorry to hear that your surgery was postponed, but it really is for the best. You want to be as healthy as you can be when you go in for surgery. Hopefully everything is cleared soon, and you can get right back on track.

Patience is a virtue, right? Yeah, right...:( Wouldn't you like to kick "patience" right in the butt, right?

I'm so sorry you've hit this bump in the road when you're so close to starting your journey --post op.

All of the old clichés don't help much, I know, so I won't repeat any more of them. Just know that there are folks out here who care about you.

And

We're listening---any time.

Keep posting and letting us know when you've conquered these last bothersome "bumps".

Smooth path on the horizon, my friend.

Mine was put off from November to May because of my kidneys. Don't sweat it.

I am sorry to hear you are running into problems. One individual in our Bariatric Surgery Group had his surgery scheduled, the date was fixed and only days away. But his pre-op tests uncovered a problem. He was about to have a massive heart attack. The surgeon called him and asked him to come to the hospital immediately. He had open heart surgery shortly after arriving at the hospital. It saved his life. After he recovered from the operation, he was back on track for his bariatric surgery and showed up at the next meeting with a new date.

I'm sorry to hear that your surgery was postponed, but it really is for the best. You want to be as healthy as you can be when you go in for surgery. Hopefully everything is cleared soon, and you can get right back on track.

Thank you i thought it was the end of the ????. But today i feel better and it is for the best.

Patience is a virtue, right? Yeah, right...:( Wouldn't you like to kick "patience" right in the butt, right?

I'm so sorry you've hit this bump in the road when you're so close to starting your journey --post op.

All of the old clichés don't help much, I know, so I won't repeat any more of them. Just know that there are folks out here who care about you.

And

We're listening---any time.

Keep posting and letting us know when you've conquered these last bothersome "bumps".

Smooth path on the horizon, my friend.

Thank you soooo much this is a great group of people. Its good to have a safe haven to run to when things arent going so great or any questions i have.

I am sorry to hear you are running into problems. One individual in our Bariatric Surgery Group had his surgery scheduled, the date was fixed and only days away. But his pre-op tests uncovered a problem. He was about to have a massive heart attack. The surgeon called him and asked him to come to the hospital immediately. He had open heart surgery shortly after arriving at the hospital. It saved his life. After he recovered from the operation, he was back on track for his bariatric surgery and showed up at the next meeting with a new date.

Thank you the test are ran to catch any abnormalities.. So im grateful they caught it.

@@Thendy

I am sad that your surgery has been postponed! I can remember how bumps in the road made me cry uncontrollably. I was so ready to begin my new life.

I know that you are already glad that they found this problem because it likely would have caused complications almost right away. They want you to go into surgery with a good solid base because there are a couple of months right afterward that literally sucks all the stacked up nutrients away from you.

The best thing is to get your infusion and follow up with a cardiologist to make sure your heart is healthy enough to go through such a major transition. The surgery is the smallest part, it's life after and learning your way that takes a lot out of us.

I hope everything works out for you and you are back on the schedule quickly. Keep us posted and certainly reach out if you need anything.

Hugs!

@@Thendy

I am sad that your surgery has been postponed! I can remember how bumps in the road made me cry uncontrollably. I was so ready to begin my new life.

I know that you are already glad that they found this problem because it likely would have caused complications almost right away. They want you to go into surgery with a good solid base because there are a couple of months right afterward that literally sucks all the stacked up nutrients away from you.

The best thing is to get your infusion and follow up with a cardiologist to make sure your heart is healthy enough to go through such a major transition. The surgery is the smallest part, it's life after and learning your way that takes a lot out of us.

I hope everything works out for you and you are back on the schedule quickly. Keep us posted and certainly reach out if you need anything.

Hugs!

Thank you so much for the encouraging words i really needed to hear good thoughts and well wishes. I really glad they caught it beforehand. I am sooooo ready to start my new life i can almost taste it!!! Lol in due fine though. Getting my health in order is more important then the rest will fall into place.

Sorry to hear it, but glad your team is so thorough.

You can do it!