Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Houston, TX?

Thank you @@goblue9280

It is good to have another friendly face here. I have already joined Dr. Garth's FB page. About a year ago, I realized that I really could live as a vegetarian. It was a surprising revelation. As surgery gets closer and the importance of nutritional diversity more apparent, I would like to try it again. As I have Primomo, the FB resource and my nutritionist will be important to stay the path. Feeling blessed to be surrounded by y'all and such a kind group of people.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

There are tons of ways!!!!

Pea/bean Protein is the easiest

There is a fantastic vegetable broth through this website

Brown rice Protein

There are multiple vegan/vegetarian protein powders

Soy

Soy cheese

Soy yogurt

Nuts (milk replacements in the beginning)

Nut butter (unsweetened)

When you start researching, it will become clear that protein is everywhere

@@Smjnranrk

I would consider myself a pescatarian

Dairy hurts me (I L.O.V.E. It) it gets in the way of my allergy response to living healthy

So I live more on high quality fish, veggies, Protein replacements, and occasional cheese & butter & this is before surgery

Clean eating is changing my life

As a noob (eliminating chicken with surgery) it would be great to have a buddy!

Beans are my main source plus the Protein drinks they like us to have. It's been made very clear to me that if you're eating right - there's no way you can be Protein deficient. Just like anything else, though... There is a balance. It took me a while to figure it out, but it's a good thing

@@Smjnranrk

I would consider myself a pescatarian

Dairy hurts me (I L.O.V.E. It) it gets in the way of my allergy response to living healthy

So I live more on high quality fish, veggies, Protein replacements, and occasional cheese & butter & this is before surgery

Clean eating is changing my life

As a noob (eliminating chicken with surgery) it would be great to have a buddy!

Awesome! I have ZERO trouble avoiding meats. I was a vegetarian for a really long time, but I was the kind of vegetarian that would load up in starches (Mac n cheese, Pasta, etc.) instead of veggies. Even pre-op, I've only eaten chicken. I don't remember the last burger or steak I had...it could be never! I get so discouraged by my nutritionist's plan for significant amounts of meat first, THEN veggies. I'd so much rather fill up on Beans and vegetables. I actually have an autoimmune disease that responds very well with no gluten, so I've had to eliminate most of that, too. I'm really hoping that the post-op diet I'm on right now will reset me for a cleaner way of eating in the long run. I do loooooove good cheese, though!

Sent from my iPad using BariatricPal

@@Smjnranrk

Tell your nutritionist! If they don't work with your choice find a way. You should not have to compromise your principles. There are tons of vegetarians who've had Bariatric surgery.

@@Shrinkinqtpi can you tell me what the pre op testing is for Primomo

What all does that entail?

@@bostonbritt Preop testing is scheduled by you when you receive the approval letter. It is at 920 Frostwood.

It entails a blood test, x-rays, and urine test. If you have not completed the EDG or stress test then you will have to do those as well.

Edited by Shrinkinqtpi

@bostonbritt Tests you may have to have before approval include but are not limited to: sleep study, psychiatrist assessment, multiple dietitian visits, cardiac evaluation, stress test, EDG, allergist appointments, ongoing PCP appointments, endocrinologist evaluation, ..... you get the gist. I did not have all of these but still satisfied my maximum out-of-pocket expenses for the insurance company well before surgery was scheduled.

Oh ya I'm approved and al that just wanted to know what the pre op testing was thanks ladies

@@goblue9280 Wow - you are doing great! On the app, we cannot see stats and you've lost nearly 200 pounds. Congratulations!!!