Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finishing day 2 of liquid pre op diet - yesterday was rough, today was a little better - worked in the Campbell's k-cup Soup because I couldn't do sweet on sweet on sweet all day! Hoping to keep losing down 5lbs

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Surgery yesterday went great!!! I haven't had any pain medication since right after surgery in the recovery room!!! I have been walking away the gas pains. A little soreness is all I've had... No nausea or Anything else!!!!

Curious what your BMI was at surgery?

Well, I guess I will be joining the Sept. buddies.My surgery has been postponed. surgeon says he now wants me off Ibuprofen for a month! What I don't get is why didn't he say this a month ago when I was in his office! Why wait till 4 days before surgery to tell me this! I am so disappointed :angry:

I was nervous about this as well because I take Ibuprofen too. When I went for pre op at

The hospital I was told 5 days but I don't see my surgeon until Tuesday so I hope they don't require anything other than the 5 days. The nurse says it varies with surgeons. I'm not sure why they wouldn't go over all that when they give us the surgery date.

So I had surgery on 8/11 and today am feeling so much better. Taking little sips and off the IV. Might be going home today but not sure as my drain has more liquid than normal so they may keep me another night. Honestly this was very hard, way harder than I thought it would be. Today I feel so much better, doing my laps around the hospital and drinking tea. Not hungry at all. Just the thought of food makes me nauseous. How are you other recent surgeries doing?

So I had surgery on 8/11 and today am feeling so much better. Taking little sips and off the IV. Might be going home today but not sure as my drain has more liquid than normal so they may keep me another night. Honestly this was very hard, way harder than I thought it would be. Today I feel so much better, doing my laps around the hospital and drinking tea. Not hungry at all. Just the thought of food makes me nauseous. How are you other recent surgeries doing?

Actually, the process was a lil easier than I expected so far. Yes, there is pain. But the greatest pain is from the staples pulling near the incisions. Plus I have a high bed..I need a stool to get in and out on a normal day Lol So this is painful.

Other than that I'm blessed. I took no meds after surgery for high blood pressure, cholesterol, or diabetes. I was in for 3 days, drain came out just before I was discharged. My husband took 2 weeks off to help me after surgery.

I'm about to go walk the mall with the hubby before it gets too blazing hot!

Dawnie_doo

Edited by Dawnie Doo

Hi, I had my pre surgical appointments and have my surgery on the 19th of August.

I am getting very nervous and emotional at this stage...anyone else hyper emotional?

Hi, I had my pre surgical appointments and have my surgery on the 19th of August.

I am getting very nervous and emotional at this stage...anyone else hyper emotional?

I was for a lil. Surgery was on 8/08. The closer it got the calmer I became. My nervousness bumped up when reality hit and I was being discharged to do this on my own. Lol It's all good. Continue to research and ask your surgeon questions. Strictly follow what they say, you will most likely do well.

Dawnie_doo

Edited by Dawnie Doo

I will :-) I already printed and put on the fridge and the cupboard a page explaining "dumping syndrome" I have to look at it before I chose a healthy choice. It has been up for weeks and I'm pretty well prepared but feel a rush of so many emotions. My teenage son has been so kind to go to meetings and support me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Hello ladies, thought I'd give you an update. I had my surgery 8/10/16. I'm still in the hospital due to be discharge tomorrow. My drainage surgery bulb has been very sore, I've been up walking and showering sometimes doing to much which causes pain because I forget to stay on track or tell my nurses I'm feeling great this day! The hospital and nurses have been the best! I've been in Healthcare for over 18 years and this is the most exceptional service I have ever seen, been given and or worked with in my life! Shout out to First Baptist Medical Center in Dallas TX. I absolutely love it here and they are taking good care of me and my kiddos who have stayed up here with me these last couple of days. I've been drinking tea, coffee, Apple juice and Water, taking gas x and walking. Everything is going great!

My practice has us stop ALL Vitamins and supplements the week before surgery....anyone else have this rule? Curious BC I never read about this in any of my book, I don't think.

I had to stop the night before. I'm a week post op and I'm only taking the Multivitamin plus gas related stuff.

Dawnie_doo

@@gina171 The hospital bariatric nurse actually told me to stop all Vitamins, and even some of my regular meds about two weeks prior to surgery. I wondered why too, but it didn't turn out to be a huge problem so I never asked.

Just a general update, my blues seem to mellowing out just a bit. It's been exactly one week since my surgery, and besides feeling down, what's really getting to me is itching... is anyone else having intense itching around their incision sites? Any tricks not to scratch. I'm afraid I will scratch off the glue in my sleep. Also, how are you all doing on the hunger front? Anyone feeling hungry yet? How can you tell the difference between head hunger and real hunger?

I am taking a prescription called ATARAX every 6 hours before surgery due to the heat...you can ask you doctor if this works for you. It is solely for the itching and really works.

Sending prayers your way.